Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

Why is the map mostly blue compared to the other maps?

same reason the US electoral map is mostly red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ThndrShk2k posted:

Why is the map mostly blue compared to the other maps?

lol

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

~Insert sheep for wood joke~

I didn't know Wales had forests.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

whole lotta rose emojis gonna be really confused in a few days when may is still pm

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I blame the Kinky BBC wife for all this.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Rand alPaul posted:

I blame the Kinky BBC wife for all this.

*Ali G voice* my wife

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

rudatron posted:

~Insert sheep for wood joke~

Come on man its wood for sheep this is a very simple joke get it together.

I've got wood for sheep.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Not a Step posted:

I've got wood for sheep.

Oh so your Welsh

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
has may said why she didn't do the debates?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Baloogan posted:

has may said why she didn't do the debates?

Because she wanted to focus on preparing for Brexit. No poo poo, that was her excuse.

Maybe don't call a loving election and dissolve parliament for like 2 months if you wanna do that Tezza, you plonker.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
What a dumb loving gently caress dumb pair of leaders. Pigfucker supreme and theresa "bad thatcher cosplay" may

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
heres hoping we get a loooooong time with bojo and turn this into a trilogy!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Not a Step posted:

I've got wood for sheep.
trap sprung

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is going ot go down extremely well

https://twitter.com/carolinejmolloy...agenumber%3D365

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MarinaHyde/status/873428249111560192

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol this is gonna own to watch

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

the only reason i gave a poo poo about the LIB! Dumbs and they couldn't get it through

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pierson posted:

If the Daily Mirror don't run JEREMY CORBYN TERESA MAY TERRORIST SYMPATHISER I will have lost faith in their editorial department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INhuBx1KJQ

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/09/tories-say-theresa-may-must-sack-advisers-fiona-hill-nick-timothy-monsters-sunk-party

quote:

Several politicians told the Guardian that Fiona Hill and Nick Timothy, who act as the prime minister’s joint chiefs of staff in Downing Street, must take responsibility for the poor result, which saw the Tories lose their majority.

The pair were at the centre of recriminations flying back and forth between MPs on WhatsApp groups and even resulted in one cabinet minister branding the pair as “monsters who propped her up and sunk our party”.

Insiders said the Downing Street advisers were not to blame and instead pointed the finger at the Australian strategist Sir Lynton Crosby, claiming he told colleagues that manifestos were a “sideshow” and refused to take part in policymaking.

A source also told the Guardian that Crosby insisted on focusing the entire message on May’s personal character, the 11 days until the start of Brexit negotiations, and relentless negative attacks against Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

The source suggested the prime minister was uncomfortable with Crosby’s strategy, including the heavy focus on herself, and even dropped attack lines from speeches in the final days.

:getin: this is all coming out now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

also whatsapp has been a major thing the tories have been trying to gently caress over with back doors into its encryption so they can spy on us

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Lying spying tories

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

what does that even mean

a vote within the tory party on whether to force through an anti-abortion law to buy off the DUP?

a free vote in parliament on an anti-abortion law (which would obviously fail)?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/PolComForum/status/873186390539988993

when ur a tory pm and even the cops are throwing shade

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

a DUP MP posted:

The son of long-time party leader, its founder and former Northern Ireland First Minister Ian Paisley, Mr Paisley succeeded his father as North Antrim MP in 2010.

In a 2007 interview, Mr Paisley expressed his views on same sex marriages. He told Hot Press magazine he was "pretty repulsed" by gay people and lesbianism.

Mr Paisley later went on to defend his comments on BBC Newsnight saying he was "repulsed by many things".

oh ok cool as long as it's equal opportunity hate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

what does that even mean

a vote within the tory party on whether to force through an anti-abortion law to buy off the DUP?

a vote in parliament most likely but even though it has no chance of going through it would look extremely bad for the tories

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Fallen Hamprince posted:

what does that even mean

It would be a vote in parliament. The tory party doesn't really do internal democracy. I assume it would be a free vote since it would be an extremely bad idea to try to whip something like that through. Of course, with May's judgement...

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

a vote in parliament most likely but even though it has no chance of going through it would look extremely bad for the tories

ok so my understanding of uk parliamentary procedure (gained in 5 minutes from wikipedia) at least some tory MPs would have vote for this turd to get it through the initial committee stages before every non-insane mp of every party stabs it to death on the floor of the commons

so basically this is just a way for DUP to ritually humiliate the tories like some kind of parliamentary hazing

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

UrbicaMortis posted:

It would be a vote in parliament. The tory party doesn't really do internal democracy. I assume it would be a free vote since it would be an extremely bad idea to try to whip something like that through. Of course, with May's judgement...

i'm pretty sure even a one-line whip on an anti-abortion bill to please the DUP would end up with May getting Caesared

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wait, before we get excited about DUP giving the Conservatives a Faustian bargain to form government, how can we be so sure that Lib Dem have washed their hands of them?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

dont be mean to me posted:

Wait, before we get excited about DUP giving the Conservatives a Faustian bargain to form government, how can we be so sure that Lib Dem have washed their hands of them?

would Farron even be able to get enough MPs to go along with it given how much of a disaster it was for them last time?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

dont be mean to me posted:

The Lib Dems want a second referendum on the EU and are very anti-Brexit, so those are both no-go's in regard to cooperation. Other than that it would be political suicide, which they already committed with Clegg. Farron is a twat, but he's all too aware how reduced the Lib Dems are. Any further reduction would be the end of them.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/the-guardian-elections-coverage-never-get-it-right-Jeremy-Corbyn-really-wrong-972873248

quote:

My former colleagues on The Guardian hold an enviable record in the annals of political journalism. They have succeeded in getting the result of every major political event in the country wrong.

Even if you tried consistently to be wrong, fate would decree that occasionally you would get one result right. Their consistency in getting things so wrong, for so long, challenges the theory of random number generation. The infinite monkey theorem holds that a monkey hitting keys of keyboards at random ad infinitum would eventually type the works of Shakespeare. This is not true. The Guardian never gets a political result right.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/873325711590916096

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XslcgQJMZaY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

lynton crosby ran a super racist campaign for the tory mayoral candidate who lost to sadiq khan so i'm glad he's continuing to get hosed