Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yep. She sent me X-ray pics right after the surgery and my first thought was "my god, it's full of screws."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

The Rat posted:

Yep. She sent me X-ray pics right after the surgery and my first thought was "my god, it's full of screws."

in a few decades come back and destroy all the nukes in orbit :twisted:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Rat posted:

So you're saying you screwed her on the first date?

that was a really bad joke

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Professor Bling posted:

:golfclap:

Rat physically carried a woman he just met over a mile, including loose scree. Got her car back to Denver. Sent flowers for her surgery. Most goons wouldn't do that for their own mothers, assuming they are physically capable of lifitng them.

I don't think there's ever a situation where someone is obliged to have sex with you, but I ain't even gay and I would give a guy at least a handie if he did all that poo poo for me.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
and here i thought i was being chivalrous when i fireman carried some broad from a bar to the lightrail station because the heels she decided to wear were hurting her feet

got me laid tho :madmax:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Naked Bear posted:

I have been following these dating tips and none of these dates have gone well what am I doing wrong :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-StdyJX_8

Not gonna lie, Way of The Gun is a pretty solid choice

Benicio :swoon:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Rat, can you smell your chicken coop anymore?
Trying to trouble shoot how she wasn't impressed by all that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Capn Beeb posted:

Not gonna lie, Way of The Gun is a pretty solid choice

Benicio :swoon:
gently caress yeah, it is.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Professor Bling posted:

The nurses at the ER were making a bunch of jokes too. "Oh think of the stories later, she fell head over heels for him!"

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

:golfclap:

Rat physically carried a woman he just met over a mile, including loose scree. Got her car back to Denver. Sent flowers for her surgery. Most goons wouldn't do that for their own mothers, assuming they are physically capable of lifitng them.

I don't think there's ever a situation where someone is obliged to have sex with you, but I ain't even gay and I would give a guy at least a handie if he did all that poo poo for me.

Is this the new carrying a printer story?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The funny thing to me is that guys at the local 3-gun match often hate the stages I design, because I often throw in heavy duffel bag carries as part of the stage. The gamer shooters often don't like it because it throws them out of their usual routines.

Guess what was good training for when some real life poo poo went down!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Professor Bling posted:

Seemed more like he picked her up but then she let some doctor screw her when she was lying down.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

New gun time because terrible impulse control sometimes :suicide:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I thought the Ordo Reductor mainly rocked phased plasma and grav-flux weaponry?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
WANT

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I thought the Ordo Reductor mainly rocked phased plasma and grav-flux weaponry?

Nah man that's the Adeptus Mechanicus insignia. At least, the one I found that would be easy to stencil out. There's no way I could do the versions with all the ornate circuitry.

This thing isn't even done yet. Still waiting on an offset Aimpoint Micro and a Surefire Ultra Scout.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Please describe all the details of that gun so I know what to save up for. (After the RPR, I'm not a monster who will jump my own queue because a pretty girl showed up)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Aero Precision upper and lower
Magpul SR25/M110 buffer tube
Magpul SL-S stock
Vltor A5H2 buffer and recoil spring
Brownells lower parts kit w/o trigger or grip
Magpul MOE-K grip
Geissele G2S trigger
Blue Force Gear Vickers sling
Ballistic Advantage 14" Hanson barrel
Surefire muzzle brake (suppressor mount type, pinned/welded in place for NFA compliance - I'm not blowing a tax stamp on a gun of this size)
Geissele Mk14 rail
Magpul MLOK handstop kit, type 2 rail panels and QD sling socket
Trijicon TAO1NSN ACOG

Still waiting on:
Surefire Ultra Scout
Magpul MLOK offset light mount
Aimpoint Micro T1 2MOA
Larue LT-724 offset Micro mount

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Got those parts I was waiting on, and the scope for my 16" gun.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Never having to had used anything like that for true purposes... Whats the advantage for having an aimpoint and a ACOG?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Near instant transition between a zoom optic sight picture and a close range red dot. All I have to do is rotate the rifle slightly in my shoulder either way and I'm there. Don't have to take my left hand off the gun to work a magnification ring like on a scope.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Ahh, I didn't realize the zoom on the ACOG was enough to ruin close range sight picture, but like I said i've never had experience so I'll keep that in mind.

I've now got a fund going for this after getting the RPR next month.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

It doesn't necessarily ruin a close range sight picture, but it's definitely going to be slower than a red dot. And I'm a huge gearqueer sooooo :suicide:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
If you absolutely need to have one rifle that can seamlessly transition between 25yd-400yd targets and 0-25yd targets, it's a stupendously slick setup. I'd like to try the Docter-on-an-ACOG setup sometime too.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

That's an option too. I didn't go that route because you have to change your cheek weld in order to shift between them. With the offset, I keep the rifle exactly as it is, cheek on the same spot on the gun, and rotate a little.

Either way the downside is cost. You can get offset irons for a lot cheaper too, but I hate shooting irons in general, let alone in a quick shooting kind of scenario like that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Wherein Ian looks like a kid on Christmas morning, and from the moment the video starts you immediately know that the only possible reason he could be that excited is it's something weird and French.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G9a4c_61Bk

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I've mentioned this already in Dad chat, but it is probably more appropriate here. I'm using voc rehab to go to gun school starting in the fall. It is an accredited 2 year associates degree program that covers just about everything involved with manufacturing and customizing firearms including carving stocks, fabricating parts, and building custom precision firearms.

This first semester is mostly about getting a handle on working with machining equipment and building our own tools, then putting together a flintlock pistol. The only elective I can take the first semester is on ballistics and reloading. Come Winter time things will start getting more interesting with classes when we start converting old military rifle actions into modern sporting actions that we will eventually fit with stocks that we carve ourselves.

The school offers electives on converting 1911s, AR-15s, and Revolvers into match grade firearms as well customizing shotguns and blueprinting rifle bolt actions. I'm definitely planning on taking the 1911, AR-15 and blueprinting classes, but I'm not so sure if I'll be able to fit in the shotgun and revolver class since my credit load is looking pretty high each semester.

If anyone is interested, a guy who went through a similar program awhile back documented most of his projects when he went through school here http://nerdgun.blogspot.com/. It isn't the exact same stuff that I'll be doing, but it is pretty drat close.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

My soup has malfunctioned?

Where are you going, Delizin?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Just got accosted by some real bad opinions at my Father's day brunch. Glock better than a 1911 get out.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, it's better if you want more than 7/8 rounds. That's about it though.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
glocks just point better for me :shrug:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Problematic Soup posted:

Where are you going, Delizin?

One of the top ranked schools in the US for gunsmithing. Any more than that and I'd out myself too much I think. I'll definitely try to post some pictures of the stuff we do there though.

not caring here posted:

Well, it's better if you want more than 7/8 rounds. That's about it though.

You can get 15 round extended mags for them. It just looks ridiculous.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
:catstare:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I hope that's a troll, because if it is, it's an excellent one.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Airsoft

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Photoshop.

Dead Reckoning posted:

I hope that's a troll, because if it is, it's an excellent one.
It is, and it caused the admin of a FB AR group to have a mini meltdown.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'm gonna post it again :twisted:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I shot a P239 today. After 4 shots the slide jammed shut with a live round inside but not properly chambered (dropping the hammer went click instead of bang), and needed to be smacked open. I went over it with the range armorer and we have no idea how it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
This weekend I got to shoot a FAL and a Coonan (plus-size 1911 in .357mag). Both owned deeply.