Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is the officials assigning a technical foul to the wrong person something that happens, like, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Negative ghost rider techs are mad specific

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is the officials assigning a technical foul to the wrong person something that happens, like, ever

Are you questioning the NBA?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They've assigned the wrong common fouls to people in the game before. Or, the refs have insisted that someone has had six fouls when they didn't.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Draymond should be suspended for that swing he took. Partially because Warriors fans' reactions would be priceless.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Papercut posted:

Draymond should be suspended for that swing he took. Partially because Warriors fans' reactions would be priceless.

:agreed:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Jiggabooboi/status/873394501338841092

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

A whole weekend of 3-1 noooo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Off on Monday nice

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cavs in 7 imo.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Refs are saying they gave first tech to Kerr and scoring table assumed Draymond. But didn't hear the announcement?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I was at the game and what I don't understand is even the PA announcer said the first tech was on Green. So I'm surprised the refs didn't change it right then because every in the arena assumed it was in Green. I don't understand how Kerr would have got a tech he never even left the coaches box. He ran right up to the line and then they gave him a tech. That doesn't make sense to me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/he_is_brusque/status/873396457377734656

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Just gotta steal Game 5, Defend The Land, then GS will be so shook that Game 7 will be a cakewalk!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/873403352142557185

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ohio did go for Trump, so he might be onto something

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland is solidly blue

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
On the flip side they live in Cleveland so Draymond may be on to something here

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Whoever wins game 5 wins the series

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
draymond's from the land of juicero, ~disruption~, and rich assholes who try to buy access to local parks out from under local children. i don't think he has too much of a leg to stand on, really. even if cleveland does suck

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Sounds like he would fit right in.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

RaySmuckles posted:

draymond's from the land of juicero, ~disruption~, and rich assholes who try to buy access to local parks out from under local children. i don't think he has too much of a leg to stand on, really. even if cleveland does suck

I have it on some authority that Cleveland, in fact, rocks.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Metapod posted:

Whoever wins game 5 wins the series

Agreed but game 7 instead.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RaySmuckles posted:

I would rather get pressed by a juicero than live in Cleveland. If you want to make fun of him, make fun of where he's really from, Saginaw

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dray was born in Saginaw, Michigan
He grew up in a house on Saginaw Bay

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i still can't believe that draymond finished an nba finals game with two techs

and that zaza punched a man in the dick and after review the refs were like "eh"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Papes posted:

Sounds like he would fit right in.

No Draymond subscribes to the train of thought that being super :smug: is the same as being super smart

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I want to like Draymond, but it's hard. It's very hard. Still up 3-1. What could go wrong!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Last night's game was so awesome.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/status/873565814909095936
He's cool

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Man the reffing was horrible in that game, but as a neutral I enjoyed it. It made everything way sloppier. During the Zaza dick punch like 3 people should have been ejected, it was great.

My theory on the phantom tech:
The ref who gave Draymond the 2nd tech forgot about the first one. He was tired of Draymond talking to him so he T'd him up for a really weak reaction, then when somebody pointed out it meant that Green had to be ejected he went "gently caress I can't toss him in the finals for that" and they changed the first one to Kerr.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

it wasnt a weak tech, you aren't allowed to starting flinging your hands in the air and scream at refs. the motion he did is even expressively forbidden lol. if its a weak tech to break the rules in both spirit and letter then theres no such thing as a good tech

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
It's ridiculous he doesn't get T'd up and ejected more often. Rasheed Wallace used to get them for looking at people wrong.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

E2M2 posted:

Refs are saying they gave first tech to Kerr and scoring table assumed Draymond. But didn't hear the announcement?

I've read a bunch of their explanations at this point and they're all really bad, and that one kinda conflicts with Doris Burke's sideline reporting during the game. It was a huge fuckup no matter what happened.

The Glumslinger posted:

Ohio did go for Trump, so he might be onto something

i really wish people would gently caress off with this obnoxious smug poo poo already. Yeah my city is much fuller of the smarters because we voted for the openly corrupt political family who'd helped oversee several decades of slow crushing economic decline, an ever-shrinking middle class, the rise of the prison industrial complex, offered nothing new except a continuation of destructive globalist neoliberal policies, literally mocked the electorate, etc etc etc etc. The candidates weren't the people's fault, our awful broken voting system pre-screens candidates by wealth, but now everyone in this country thinks it's okay to hate everyone else for a decision almost nobody was happy with.

Might as well say that every state that went Blue is pro-slavery globalists because Hillary owned a few state slaves back in her Arkansas days and by golly some of them had street smarts. Ohio's gone blue plenty of times, but good luck appealing ever again to people you're openly disdainful of in every casual comment.

Draymond's just doing some fun WWE poo poo, he was nodding his head yesterday when thousands of people surrounded him chanting "DRAYMOND SUCKS" (for playing basketball against them. What's that gotta feel like?). He's allowed some heel action, everyone else is probably being a dick and finding some weak ex post facto justification for it

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/727759429307871232

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wade went for the CD-ROM game character that sells you racecar upgrades look last night

Only registered members can see post attachments!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Wastelands of Saginaw

https://youtu.be/HpMg56fgB4k

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

troofs posted:

My theory on the phantom tech:
The ref who gave Draymond the 2nd tech forgot about the first one. He was tired of Draymond talking to him so he T'd him up for a really weak reaction, then when somebody pointed out it meant that Green had to be ejected he went "gently caress I can't toss him in the finals for that" and they changed the first one to Kerr.

Hah it's the explanation that seems to best fit the circumstances. The other ones require dozens of people mishearing and misunderstanding in the exact same way, and the refs somehow not bothering to make any corrections when the T was announced over the loudspeaker or during the halftime break.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

wade went for the CD-ROM game character that sells you racecar upgrades look last night

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/LuckPillBill20/status/873544574039457792

• Locked thread