Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

hypnorotic posted:

For anyone else playing Bit Heroes I made a guild called "Killed By Death", feel free to apply. The only reason to be in a guild is to accumulate and spend guild points, so jumping around guilds has little value. I intend to let any goon stay as long as they want.

Im always looking for some dumb poop game where I get cool loot and make numbers go up. Applied as fancygramps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Can I get an invite to the bit heroes goon guild as GoodCitizen?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

hypnorotic posted:

For anyone else playing Bit Heroes I made a guild called "Killed By Death", feel free to apply. The only reason to be in a guild is to accumulate and spend guild points, so jumping around guilds has little value. I intend to let any goon stay as long as they want.

Applied as Fractalhedron.

Withdrawing application. I can already tell the treadmill on this thing is ugly as.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 7, 2017

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

hypnorotic posted:

Applied as DontMindMee

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.

hypnorotic posted:

Applied as DougSec

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Perhaps someone should make a Bit Heroes thread, looks like we may have interest in a second guild. That and there's a lot to take in with this game it seems.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

hypnorotic posted:

Applied as ThePell

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
The new Monument Valley is really really good so far. Some really ingenious puzzle design. (On the fourth level)

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

im pretty sure half this bit hero guild is pubbies. start booting to make room for goons.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

baram. posted:

im pretty sure half this bit hero guild is pubbies. start booting to make room for goons.

Have I got some sad news for you about goons

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

hypnorotic posted:

Applied as PiggySmalls

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I applied as Philouza

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Played a bit more Zombie Gunship because I didnt uninstall it like I thought I did. vOv

The resources curve is pretty much Clash of Clans. Get metal and supplies, struggle up to the next level to improve all your base poo poo.

Also trees grow zombies for some reason.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah, I deleted it again after a couple days. I mean I like the general idea and some of the mechanics like base building are neat but why do you have to spend two kinds of resources on upgrading stuff? Sure, it's a F2P game but man, I just wanna click upgrade, not slide some dumb slider to add 1% more damage to some gun while using 80% of my screw resources while the metal stack barely gets touched (and is always maxed out). Kind of sad really because the core game is nice.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I'm still playing Zombie Gunship and while I'm now in the grindy phase, i feel like there's an awful lot of stuff to distract/put you on the wrong path. Following these false leads can lead to disappointment.

Some of my tips to getting past a lot of the undocumented junk:
  • Grey (common) weapons suck. Update them as infrequently as possible. Green (uncommon) are better but stop upgrading them as soon as you get a Blue (rare) replacement. Purple (epic) are better than Blue. Gold (Legendary) are better than Purple.
  • The Tier 1 Auto Cannon is the best Auto Cannon until maybe the 4th or 5th tier one. If you get anything better than a Green one, upgrade the hell out of it without regret.
  • The Hanger should be a priority upgrade. It unlocks more gunship weapon slots and ground troop slots.
  • Play-styles differ but I didn't find any use for any ground troops other than Scout (shotgun). Their low engagement range means they're less distracted by enemy groups and they loot buildings faster. Shotguns also appear to take down groups of enemies faster. Snipers are great for taking down Titans but they stop to shoot at everything due to their long range. Demo (rocket launchers) are only effective against buildings and suck against zombies. I really don't know what to make of Assault. They just don't seem to be as effective against Zombies as Scouts.
  • Aside from the auto cannon, I find my two other gunship slots go to a Rocket weapon and a Gunship Sniper weapon. Rockets make for great damage over an area and Sniper Rifles make quick work of Titans. Late in the game, Cannons work best against a new type of enemy (Impalers).
  • As for base building, get Mortar Towers as soon as you can and then setup your base to funnel zombie spawns into your Mortar Towers. Also, I don't see much benefit in upgrading fences/houses/buses past level 1. The HP bump is so minor that it's not worth it. Spawn management is the key.
  • A recent update made the Ads provide significantly more supplies/metal so make sure you grab those.
  • Don't spend gold on crates. I've gotten more Uncommon and Rare weapons from Common Crates than from the Premium/Elite Crates.
  • Looting rewards renew every day so you can repeat missions for metal/supplies/xp. You don't get the mission completion bonuses after you complete it the first time.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hmm... okay, although I hate losing tons of games, this is one excellent feature to iOS 11 that I've been begging for since the appstore started:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/07/ios-11-storage-offload-apps/

You can finally store all your apps' saved data in the cloud when you delete it so you don't have to worry about finishing games in one go if you need space.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Fantastic news

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Still waiting to join Killed By Death (DontMindMee) :v:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Well, I beat Monument Valley 2. Dripping with atmosphere and some clever design, but I felt it was a LOT easier than the first game. Not sure if that was because I was familiar with the concept or because there were no crows...

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

The Kins posted:

Well, I beat Monument Valley 2. Dripping with atmosphere and some clever design, but I felt it was a LOT easier than the first game. Not sure if that was because I was familiar with the concept or because there were no crows...

I was wondering if those jerks would show.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Alright I'm trying to ensure that only Goons are in the guild, my apologies for being a bit late getting things organized.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

hypnorotic posted:

Just applied as snowmank.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

hypnorotic posted:

Applied as Rathat.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Been playing that Zombie Gunship Survival game and I like it. Wish there were more iterations on the idea without the freemium model. What is gold best used on?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm sure it's literally a button I'm missing so at the risk of being a moron online: how do you craft/buy more spells in Rogue Wizards? Not like upgrade or unlock new ones, I mean increase the number of spell uses.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
The same shop that has potions had the red/yellow base materials for my spells, I'd assumed it knew which spells you had to use.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JawnV6 posted:

The same shop that has potions had the red/yellow base materials for my spells, I'd assumed it knew which spells you had to use.

Oh so the spell mats in your inventory act like a mana pool and just subtracts from them based on the spell you use? I thought you had to craft them into actual uses. Well that explains it.

Unrelated:
Any advice on stat distribution?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Oh so the spell mats in your inventory act like a mana pool and just subtracts from them based on the spell you use? I thought you had to craft them into actual uses. Well that explains it.

Unrelated:

I'm just going 2/1/1 so I cover my bases but go for POWER POWER POWER. I'm through 2 bosses so far, and the potions have been enough to get through, and I only had to use a rez potion once when I was being stingy about using the heals

Also FYI a bunch of your spells can be fired without needing to arm them first (so you won't waste a turn doing so)

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

hypnorotic posted:

Applied as Smarms

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

zoux posted:

Unrelated:

Go DPS 1-0-1 until the second raid. It will be many days or weeks before you'll have to worry about anything but the first 3 zones.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
are there any good heroes of might and magic-esque games on ios? i tried art of conquest, and it whet my appetite for something less bogged down in p2p mechanics. to be specific, i'm looking for something with an open world map to explore and raid resources throughout

i've already played through the braveland series, fwiw

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

cage-free egghead posted:

Go DPS 1-0-1 until the second raid. It will be many days or weeks before you'll have to worry about anything but the first 3 zones.

I think he meant Rogue Wizards

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Venuz Patrol posted:

are there any good heroes of might and magic-esque games on ios? i tried art of conquest, and it whet my appetite for something less bogged down in p2p mechanics. to be specific, i'm looking for something with an open world map to explore and raid resources throughout

i've already played through the braveland series, fwiw

I felt the same way about that game, which is a shame because it could have been great with some tweaks. I think there was one a while ago, plane something or other, that was a long abandoned project suddenly revived. They were selling it for around $10 and people were dubious about the quality, then it disappeared from the radar. Others may remember it better than I.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Planar Conquest might be what you're thinking of. It's probably the best full-featured 4X on iOS, which means 'pretty average' as far as 4X games go. The devs have been fairly active in developing it ever since it was first released and it's a lot more balanced and less buggy than the first reviews make it out to be, though it's pretty much as good as it's going to get by now. Best to look up some videos if you want to get into it, it is expensive.

Also, Heroes of Might and Magic III is out on iOS, though I assume you've already played that one.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Asked for invite in bit heroes as moofoonoo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cage-free egghead posted:

RatHat posted:

I think he meant Rogue Wizards

I was, but what game was he talking about?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Framed is free currently. It's short, original in its core mechanic, and if someone could explain the hosed up plot to me I'd be very grateful. That thing doesn't make sense.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Frankenstein Wars is actually pretty good. Well worth the $5 so far. Lots of branching pathways in the first two chapters.

Edit: chapter 3 is a load of horseshit though.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 11, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ugh I really hate how the stinginess of the currency in Zombie Gunship Survival rivals that of CoC.

yet I cant stop. Seriously considering it when I got a rare crate and they said it'd take 8 hours to open though laffo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any advice for stat distribution in Infinity Blade? I've just been putting all my points in Health and Attack since Shield and Magic don't seem very good.