Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
I'm surprised you did multiple Google searches for double sticky hammers and (presumably) didn't​ get dick pic results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I use to play PC games, and run to the shop to buy a new graphic card any time my FPS was lower than 40 in $last_released_game.

On consoles you hardly notice it, because 30 FPS is like the standard. But if you mix, like you did, you will notice.

The problem with 60 FPS is that theres so little time between frame and the next frame, that literally the whole game rules must run in 1/60 of second. I think. You can achieve that with a powerful CPU, or with some very dumb game.

With 30 Hz, the hardware is not stressed has much, a weak CPU can move most games, and a game that try to do a lot between a frame and the next can still do it.

A powerful CPU probably also generate a lot of heat, and noise, and waste a lot of Wats. Consoles use CPU that are more like these found in laptops, so they don't make much noise, are more energy efficient and don't create much heat.

In engineering everything is a balance with a lot of tradeoffs. Framerate is similar, theres downs to high framerate, like there are good things to down framerates.

If I where Sony, I would probably ban 60Hz, and force everyone to use lock 30Hz, but I understand they not doing that because would be incredible popular. And high framerate is probably very important in some niche genre ( Brawnlers?) where you would lose all the hardcore players and games if you do that.

IMHO.

Spiv posted:

I'm surprised you did multiple Google searches for double sticky hammers and (presumably) didn't​ get dick pic results.

(^-^)

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 9, 2017

How!
Oct 29, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

That doesn't look like loving cheese to me dude.

I'm losing my mind. What the hell is this picture.

:suicide:

I think its some kind of pastry

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PathAsc posted:

I bought a little orange bearded dragon. My kids named it sunsinger. They're good kids and I'm poo poo at pvp. That's my destiny story for today.

Can I feed it dubia roaches? I love watching beardies eat dubias.

Also :siren: Xur has Telesto today if for whatever reason you doesn't already have it, it is unquestionably the besto :siren:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I figured out why people run self res in the worst game mode. Get your own crest. :negative:

http://i.imgur.com/hUbAaF9.gifv

Still got your other one though! :v:

Stickies + Suncharge is just loving stupid in this game mode. Holy poo poo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My experience with iron banner so far:

https://youtu.be/fy5rI8WTI7w

Don't get me wrong. Still lots of laggy as gently caress games but having fun with it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Waffle House posted:

Can I feed it dubia roaches? I love watching beardies eat dubias.

Also :siren: Xur has Telesto today if for whatever reason you doesn't already have it, it is unquestionably the besto :siren:

Ofc you can!

Telesto is amazing and xur having the stag for the billionth time is dumb.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

lmao I hadn't seen this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9tsmQoj7Kc

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Must have been around this time

http://i.imgur.com/hbebeBm.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehd6vJqemRc

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bustin' down yo lanes, Solar Dick Swangin'

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Stickies + Suncharge is just loving stupid in this game mode. Holy poo poo.

I stopped playing last year, what is this?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

super macho dude posted:

I stopped playing last year, what is this?

Sunbreaker Titan with Fusion grenades and the super column set to Suncharge (its like shoulder charge on crack)

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I sent that around the Destiny players at work, they hated and wanted to be me at the same time. :smug:

Fenrax
Oct 9, 2012

Decided to solo queue into iron banner and had a 5+ minute queue time only to get matched against a six stack with no groups on my team. How is your matchmaking still this broken bungie?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i am pretty much unable to play anything non-trials because it will team me with five individual thumbless hospital patients against a six stack from japan or brasil.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i am pretty much unable to play anything non-trials because it will team me with five individual thumbless hospital patients against a six stack from japan or brasil.

I'm like a mid inning innings eating reliever on a lovely baseball team, every time I queue solo it's a join in progress on a poo poo squad

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

We had a 6 man going last night, crushed a squad, got "we're breaking up these teams..." and were immediately matched up against the same opponents.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Menstrual Show posted:

We had a 6 man going last night, crushed a squad, got "we're breaking up these teams..." and were immediately matched up against the same opponents.

Had that happen to me once but I was on the losing team....

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fenrax posted:

Decided to solo queue into iron banner and had a 5+ minute queue time only to get matched against a six stack with no groups on my team. How is your matchmaking still this broken bungie?

Its ok, they are going to fix it in D2! Now, you'll get matched against only 4 people!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

super macho dude posted:

Its ok, they are going to fix it in D2! Now, you'll get matched against only 4 people!

:bungie::downsbravo:

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

please never forget this

yeah baby

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

super macho dude posted:

Is going to be superfrustrating. Considering if 1 player goes afk, or is not 100% into it, it will weight down the whole game.

Tei fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 10, 2017

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tei posted:

Is going to be superfrustrating. Considering if 1 player goes afk, or is not 100% into it, it will weight down the whole game.

I expect a poo poo ton more drop outs during matches

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
It's going to kill my punchman buzz. Need lots of dumb pubby bodies for that. I figure shoulder charge is probably gonna be gone anyway,

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Did 1 trials card and i think thats it for this week. First Light can get hosed

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Did 1 trials card and i think thats it for this week. First Light can get hosed

It's first light again?! Lmao

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's first light again?! Lmao

Its all the moon maps. Still poo poo

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

moist turtleneck posted:

Penny arcade is really bad and it seems more sad to go to pax than a gooncon

lmao rasheed goes every year to "collect rare pins for his wife"

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Freedom Slots

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Only 4 more months til there's no time to explain why there's no time to explain why we're butt chugging the darkness to fuel our loot addiction.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

excuse me you mean buttchugging red bull destiny 2 drink of light gamer fuel for those sweet sweet 10% xp bonuses

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Those bonuses don't stack and everyone in the beta gets better darkness xp bonuses because bungie oopsied some code again and will call it "lore"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Destiny 2: My 2 Dads

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sure is cool that two different Destiny games are coming out

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

http://i.imgur.com/7z4LKR5.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Actually it's three months away.

At least until they decide a bush needs moved and push release to November.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is the dark souls 3 dlc gud? I was thinking about playing that in the meantime.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's loving sick that now we have a Destiny made by Bioware wait what

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be great, just like Androm-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wait I though Bioware already had an Anthem:

"Our Games are Rushed poo poo, Our Games are Rushed Shiiiiiit, We're New Bioware, Our Games are Rushed poo poo."