Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

algebra testes posted:

Huh.

I refuse to believe a footballer from the A-League will ever make it in the Premier League but I may be proven wrong!
Valencia is not an A-League side, but if you're talking about 'people who've played in the A-League, ever', Mile Jedinak did pretty well for himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

There's talk of James Troisi joining Ryan at Brighton too, A-League represent

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Are any teams looking to sign Marta or Alex Morgan?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Supposedly Bayern are close to signing Corentin Tolisso from Lyon. Any Ligue 1 watchers here who've seen him play? What kind of player is he?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
more details about VvD's tapping up

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/re...-190009053.html lol

e:

We have been told that Van Dijk:

Staged one-on-one talks with Liverpool and Klopp
Received video messages detailing how he would be used in the Reds team
Already finalised personal terms with Liverpool
Has now ‘kicked up a fuss’ in a bid to be sold by Southampton, even though he still has five years left on his current contact with the club.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
joining Liverpool isn't worth all that

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
What the gently caress were they playing at? Did someone fax a bid to the wrong number and no one noticed?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Chelsea might now also be accused of making an illegal approach for Virgil van Dijk

Transfer bans all round please

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Dunban posted:

Supposedly Bayern are close to signing Corentin Tolisso from Lyon. Any Ligue 1 watchers here who've seen him play? What kind of player is he?

Lacazette gets most of the attention for scoring all the goals, but Tolisso is probably the best of Lyon's academy grads still at the club, since Umtiti went to Barcelona. He's a versatile midfielder who can also play at right-back when needed. I think he'd be a good signing.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

gently caress right off. He'll get to finish his rehabilitation at the club. Giving him another year at £420k per week would be retarded when he's not back until Jan/Feb.

Also any good striker would have got a similar amount of goals. He didn't singlehandedly do poo poo, except win us the League Cup. He missed tons of chances.

Look I am by no means a lifelong fan of the sport, but you gotta have some serious rose-colored glasses on if you don't think Ibrahimovic scored goals for that team that only he and in some cases a handful of other players could have scored.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Morata is in no way an upgrade or even on par with Zlatan, so so far United are weaker than last season. Thanks for the €70m lol

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
United have just confirmed the signing of Victor Lindelof. I've never seen him play but my bet is that he absolutely rules because now he plays for my team

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paperhouse posted:

United have just confirmed the signing of Victor Lindelof. I've never seen him play but my bet is that he absolutely rules because now he plays for my team

Hopefully it's not for the trillion billion that was the asking price last year.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Rumoured to be 35m Euros, which is the new 15m Euros so hell, I'm happy with that

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paperhouse posted:

Rumoured to be 35m Euros, which is the new 15m Euros so hell, I'm happy with that

That's about what Bailly cost

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

TheBigAristotle posted:

Look I am by no means a lifelong fan of the sport, but you gotta have some serious rose-colored glasses on if you don't think Ibrahimovic scored goals for that team that only he and in some cases a handful of other players could have scored.

Zlatan assembled the same "rip up the minnows and struggle against the best" performances last campaign that he'd produced for the last couple seasons at PSG. Ibra is (was) a good striker, but he was also 35, walking around the pitch and poaching goals, not commanding big games

His match winning goals came against the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Leicester, Blackburn, and St. Etienne. Ibra scored 17 league goals and missed 18 "big chances" according to premierleague.com. Romelu Lukaku scored 25 goals and missed 8 by comparison.

Manchester United would absolutely have put more points on the board had they started Rashford every game he was fit and brought Ibra on as a second option. Picking up Morata is great business for them.

Reprisal fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 10, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It was cool having him just for his mentalness, a shame it had to end through injury :smith:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Reprisal posted:

Zlatan assembled the same "rip up the minnows and struggle against the best" performances last campaign that he'd produced for the last couple seasons at PSG. Ibra is (was) a good striker, but he was also 35, walking around the pitch and poaching goals, not commanding big games

His match winning goals came against the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Leicester, Blackburn, and St. Etienne. Ibra scored 17 league goals and missed 18 "big chances" according to premierleague.com. Romelu Lukaku scored 25 goals and missed 8 by comparison.

Manchester United would absolutely have put more points on the board had they started Rashford every game he was fit and brought Ibra on as a second option. Picking up Morata is great business for them.

You're an insane person.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
says the guy eagerly awaiting another Gunner season with Arsene

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Goodbye lindelof you beautiful Swede bastard.you came out of nowhere played like a veteran cb and scored a brilliant goal vs sporting,will be missed

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
My current favorite stupid trend in transfer rumors is this Juve account that shows transfer targets with their shirts molting away into becoming Juve kits.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 11, 2017

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Could you post a smaller picture

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Could you post a smaller picture

lol sorry - was phone posting and didn't realize it was a thumbnail

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I didn't even realize we'd been linked with him but I really don't want Steven loving N'Zonzi.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I didn't even realize we'd been linked with him but I really don't want Steven loving N'Zonzi.

Yeah how would that improve your midfield, exactly?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jason Sextro posted:

Yeah how would that improve your midfield, exactly?

He can move faster than a garbage can rolling downhill, so bye bye Khedira, maybe?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

It always confuses me to see a guy who was good but not great at Stoke now a target of CL finalists. How does that happen.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

You're getting Samuele Allardici, sorry.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
According to TWITTER Juve are getting N'Zonzi for €40m and Iniesta for €7m as their midfield acquisitions this summer, which is hilarious and amazing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bobby Digital posted:

You're getting Samuele Allardici, sorry.

Unlikely to happen at such a well-run and authentically Italian club, please direct your insults at some fail, clown Italian club and their biggest support, Gigi Galli.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Byolante posted:

It always confuses me to see a guy who was good but not great at Stoke now a target of CL finalists. How does that happen.

He could get it done on a cold wet Tuesday in Stoke, the highest barometer of quality.

I guess he's not worse than Khedira but that describes a lot of people :shrug:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Reprisal posted:

This analysis seems incredibly flawed

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Rashford couldn't find the net to save his life most of this season and didn't break his duck until the last couple of months of the season or so, same for Martial. Of all the players making GBS threads their pants when a decent chance fell for them, while Zlatan poo poo up a few of them himself he bottled far less than his team mates.

I know Zlatan was pretty much a guaranteed starter when fit, but it took a long time for Rashford or Martial to start taking their chances.

Yeah let's put all that pressure on a teenager in his second full season at the club. It was always going to be that he was second fiddle/backup for Zlatan and rightly so.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/FCBayern/status/873843133766918144

Serge Gnabry to Bayern is a Done Deal.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Did Gnabry tear it up in Germany or something?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He's a good player that could develop into a great one, has shown some potential in Rio last year and was rather good at scoring this season, which helped Werder immensely.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Arsenal sold him for £5m at the start of last season.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Well, that's a pretty decent signing I guess, but I hope this doesn't mean we've stopped going after Sanchez or any other high profile attacking players.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
It was rumored Bayern was involved with the original transfer. Maybe that wasn't so far off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Reprisal posted:

This is insane lol

• Locked thread