Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ervin Santana just CGSO'd the Giants on 91 pitches lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

On top of going 1-4 with 3 RBIs.

gently caress the DH? :confused:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress the DH

I was going to say the NL Central is a dumpster fire.

Then I saw the east :yikes:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

gently caress the DH! :hfive:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Didn't get to catch the game tonight but I see the Mets walked Danny Santana to get to Dansby, who then doubles two runs home? I know he's still not hitting well on paper but... that's a weird move?

It was apparently a total hustle double, too.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Terry Collins (mis)management.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Didn't get to catch the game tonight but I see the Mets walked Danny Santana to get to Dansby, who then doubles two runs home? I know he's still not hitting well on paper but... that's a weird move?

Dansby had a great night. Doubled in two runs early on, had two sick as hell plays at short, then hustled out a double on what should have been a lazy single in the bottom of the ninth, then went home on a relatively short single from Ruiz.

The dude never lacks for effort, I'll give him that.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 10, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

IcePhoenix posted:

lmao that's one botched fly ball against the Nats away from two madduxes in a week against the giants

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

iospace posted:

gently caress the DH

I was going to say the NL Central is a dumpster fire.

Then I saw the east :yikes:

The East is amazing and I'm glad the Nats play in it

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Inspector_666 posted:

It was apparently a total hustle double, too.

That was the double in the 9th that set up the Rio Ruiz walk-off hit. The one after the intentional walk was earlier.

Dansby has been getting better over the last few weeks. He seems a lot more comfortable at the plate lately. He's said the high expectations didn't bother him much, but the situation had to be a factor in his early struggles. Number 1 overall pick, new stadium that's right down the road from where you grew up, and you are supposed to be a better option than fan favorite Andrelton Simmons? That's a hell of a lot of pressure.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm feeling smug as hell that the Mariners won in a stadium full of Jays fans.

Goms

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I feel like Dansby should be hitting seventh by now, give him a reward for improving and a few more opportunities to learn a pitcher instead of getting IBBed pretty frequently.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Niwrad posted:

Please tell me this isn't staged.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVJGe4_FBvB/

It didn't even occur to me that it MIGHT be staged until you said that, fuuuuck :smith:

I want to believe.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Aaron Hicks is a loving revelation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

YeahTubaMike posted:

It didn't even occur to me that it MIGHT be staged until you said that, fuuuuck :smith:

I want to believe.

I have no problem believing someone acted like a cocky douche and hosed himself

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

YeahTubaMike posted:

I want to believe.

Real or fake, that is that dude's life now. Take solace in that.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

"That's where he belongs, right in the dirt" is the most savage commentary since Bob Costas invoked Pedro Strop's ancestors

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
I really hope it's not staged like those kiss cams where the guy is totally ignoring his chick and then she either kisses another dude or pours beer on the guy. Whooooo those are heeeee-larious and not at all staged. :(

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
N: Dexter Fowler and his family remain adorable.

https://twitter.com/Cardinals/status/873374444596715521

V: Dear sweet baseball Jesus, keep the St. Louis racist trolls at bay.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I feel like Dansby should be hitting seventh by now, give him a reward for improving and a few more opportunities to learn a pitcher instead of getting IBBed pretty frequently.

Snitker moved him up to second for a day or two when he got his average over .200 the first time and he started sucking again.

Dansby's fine where he is right now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why are they not putting him in AAA to work on stuff instead of burning his service time?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why are they not putting him in AAA to work on stuff instead of burning his service time?
At this point I think he's visibly turned it around enough that he's just as well staying in Atlanta and taking his lumps. (A trash slider from a righty isn't an automatic swing-and-miss anymore). But the other thing is the team is so devoid of stars beyond Freddie that they really did make him a centerpiece of the marketing starting in the offseason. He's all over the TV spots, he's getting a bobblehead day soon, it would have been pretty awkward to send him down six weeks ago when he probably needed it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Braves top pitching prospect Sean Newcomb is set to pitch game 1 of a Braves/Mets double header today. It's had a sub 3 ERA in Gwinnett this year so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully he's at least better than Bartolo has been, which isn't exactly a tough bar to clear.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

At this point I think he's visibly turned it around enough that he's just as well staying in Atlanta and taking his lumps. (A trash slider from a righty isn't an automatic swing-and-miss anymore). But the other thing is the team is so devoid of stars beyond Freddie that they really did make him a centerpiece of the marketing starting in the offseason. He's all over the TV spots, he's getting a bobblehead day soon, it would have been pretty awkward to send him down six weeks ago when he probably needed it.

I would give anything for a Dansby bobblehead.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

V: Dear sweet baseball Jesus, keep the St. Louis racist trolls at bay.

They're too busy being preoccupied by the fact that Busch announced they're having a Pride night.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haven't heard someone call it fudge packing in a while

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Going to the Cubs game today, sitting in the Assurance Club. Someone tell me how nice this is supposed to be.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Bird in a Blender posted:

Going to the Cubs game today, sitting in the Assurance Club. Someone tell me how nice this is supposed to be.

Well you're still in Wrigley, so it probably sucks.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

I'm feeling smug as hell that the Mariners won in a stadium full of Jays fans.

Goms

You guys played a good game. But you cant say those arent fun games, the dueling chants are fantastic

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They're too busy being preoccupied by the fact that Busch announced they're having a Pride night.

:sigh:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Braves top pitching prospect Sean Newcomb is set to pitch game 1 of a Braves/Mets double header today. It's had a sub 3 ERA in Gwinnett this year so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully he's at least better than Bartolo has been, which isn't exactly a tough bar to clear.

Sort of expecting Newcomb to get a baptism by fire, the knocks on him are makeup as well as command when the makeup slips. He'll be a good rotation arm, but whether he's a #2 or a #4/5 depends on if he can keep control of his poo poo.

He definitely should get every chance to do so though, not like there's too many other MLB-ready options, just loads more rookies. (At least till Medlen makes his way back up.)

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mikeraskol posted:

Aaron Hicks is a loving revelation

Think they are gonna sit him when Ellsbury is healthy again? He's currently got the 4th highest wRC+ in baseball (170)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Niwrad posted:

He has the wheels of a wild jungle cat!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Sort of expecting Newcomb to get a baptism by fire, the knocks on him are makeup as well as command when the makeup slips. He'll be a good rotation arm, but whether he's a #2 or a #4/5 depends on if he can keep control of his poo poo.

He definitely should get every chance to do so though, not like there's too many other MLB-ready options, just loads more rookies. (At least till Medlen makes his way back up.)

I've been following Medlen, I really hope he comes back strong. He's been looking good so far. The guy has been through a ton of poo poo and to see him make it back to the majors and be successful would be awesome

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

God drat Cardinals fans. :sigh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

Think they are gonna sit him when Ellsbury is healthy again? He's currently got the 4th highest wRC+ in baseball (170)

Girardi said that Hicks is gonna play even when Ellsbury is back. Resting him and Gardy is a good thing anyway.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MrLapara/status/873391992805490689

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Infidel Castro posted:

Well you're still in Wrigley, so it probably sucks.

Uh it rules because I'm right next to Ryne Sandberg.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

random question

has there even been a day with a full slate of games where no player on that day homered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Abel Wingnut posted:

random question

has there even been a day with a full slate of games where no player on that day homered?

Ever? Definitely.

This year? Probably not.

• Locked thread