Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

dscruffy1 posted:

Unfortunately the Shadow Magician came up in the Lost Episode(tm). Hopefully I'll run into him again soon!

Man, he just showed up again, you can have him. At least he's got a pretty easy pattern.

Thanks for the answer about the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Samovar posted:

What happens? (In spoilers, plz)

If you shoot the mouth of the door with a water-gun, it'll spit out a random high-tier item.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

That mouth, by the way, is a reference to the Tomb of Horror (an old D&D adventure) in which it contained a magical black hole.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
As it turns out, the Fightsabre combined with the metronome and a litchy trigger finger breaks the game, especially when you keep getting ammo every two rooms. Barely had to dodge at all while fighting the Litch, and still didn't take any damage doing it.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Less game breaking but weird is zombie bullets + bait launcher interaction...

You can just shoot wall in a corner of room and have basically infinite tigers maul everyone :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy/sick/still am sick/etc. Have an episode!

Mighty Casey Has Struck Out/Polsy

Also I now have a way to give myself items! Any particular joke/challenge loadouts you'd like to see happen? I'm still pretty weirded out by not seeing the last two NPCs.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Assuming you can give yourself ammo, Alien Engine-only run. Make it happen. :)

(OK, you can use the starter weapon on enemies you can't reach any other way.)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The fact you've seen neither hide nor hair of the last two makes me wonder if there's a bug in yer game.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Honestly I'm still waiting for you to get all of the chamber/calibur/things you get for not gettimg hit by bosses items and the thing you get for getting all of them.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Only had time to watch the first floor, but wanted to say that Winchester rifle feels like one of those non-explicit synergies weapon. It is (or at least feels like) super accurate, so even after picking up the eyepatch, it shoots pretty much where you point it. It also has nice range, so on my recent run where I picked up both eyepatch and bouncing bullets, I could use it to do some real trickshots.

It still wasn't actually good, just nice :v:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Don't shops spawn on every floor? I'm asking because I'm currently in the middle of this latest update, and you kind of brain-fart on the shop. I just wanted some clarification on this.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Give yourself every move speed upgrade and do a 2fast run.

I'd suggest a ring of mimic friendship + mimic tooth necklace but apparently the devs hate all fun and that combo just has chests unlock automatically instead of letting you have a mimic army.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Do a high curse run, but give yourself the Silver Bullet. :v:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

bman in 2288 posted:

Don't shops spawn on every floor? I'm asking because I'm currently in the middle of this latest update, and you kind of brain-fart on the shop. I just wanted some clarification on this.

If that's the floor I'm thinking of then that shop required a key to get in and he was keyless at the time.

Also, the Shadow Magician can appear anytime on floors 2-5. His appearance has nothing to do with the Bullet's past being finished or not (I've seen him and not even unlocked the Bullet yet).

I don't know if you've unlocked the gun for it yet but one gimmick that would be very viable by itself would be roleplaying Samus for a run.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Do a run with just starting pistol, no passives, but all companions (plus junk for the junkiest boy). No other items allowed.

Also the Shadow Magician does not require you to kill Cannon before he shows up, because he's killed me several times and I don't even have the bullet character unlocked.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

CirclMastr posted:

Do a run with just starting pistol, no passives, but all companions (plus junk for the junkiest boy). No other items allowed.

Oh hey, I was about to suggest this.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

IronSaber posted:

Yes please!

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Don't forget the Battle Standard for the companion army. That'll be Ser Junkan, Super Space Turtle, Wolf, Space Friend, R2G2, Wingman, Badge, and Chicken Flute.

For the proposed Passives Only type run, I'd suggest:
1. Give yourself an array of lovely guns at the start. Nailgun, Klobbe, Pea Shooter, Molotov Launcher, Dueling Pistol, Lowercase R, Unfinished Gun - anything that you'd normally feed to a muncher just to get it out of your inventory. These are the only guns you can use for the entire run.
2. Whenever you leave a chest item for the resourceful rat to take, give yourself a passive of your choosing. Probably preferring the ones that change the actual bullet properties.

Some other fun synergies to show off.

Crown of Guns + Remote Bullets
Ring of Triggers + Compass + BSG + Blank's Companion Ring
All the table techs. Maybe not include Table Tech Money, since it flips all tables at once.
Cormorant. That's something I've never managed to acquire.
All the Ammolets + Owl

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

CirclMastr posted:

Also the Shadow Magician does not require you to kill Cannon before he shows up, because he's killed me several times and I don't even have the bullet character unlocked.

Don't let him use any weapons including the starting pistol, but give him the war banner passive as well.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I love the sound of Casey in combo with your taunting/boasting Scruffy. Something so satisfying about "*Krack* Eat it nerd!" :allears:

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Crown of guns only.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
I spent so long waiting for you to use your active item and learn what the blank companion did. It was very stressful.

Also you didn't mention what I think is the best feature of the explosive decoy, it allows you to steal from shops. That means the shopkeepers other than the main one get you an item for the low low price of one curse.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is it a worthy challenge to do a no ammo refill run? Only use the starting pistol if there is no other option.

Alternatively, cheat yourself a bunch of weapons at the start and pick up nothing. I am thinking give yourself all the brown chest weapons. So we can really see how bad they can be.

What is the inventory cap? How many guns can you hold at once? Surely not enough to do a new gun with every room?

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
Casey looks like an absolute hoot to play with, gonna have to mod it in first floor of my next run to play with.

I don't really have any ideas on new goals, although I would like to see a fully upgraded Ser Junkan, and maybe to see you have a go at what comes up after a glitch chest, I've hit two of those so far and gotten my poo poo wrecked the first time, and got about halfway through the second.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Because of the random nature of the chests, I think each episode Scruffy should show off at least one gun/synergy we have seen yet.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Might as well post the obvious option: give yourself the best guns in the game, the best passives and items, and DOMINATE the Gungeon!

...I'd watch it. And I feel that at this point, we all kind of deserve a walk in the park.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
If you do a passive run you MUST give yourself Fat bullets and Stout bullets.

Everything else is whatever.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Voting this, I did this one and it was a blast to play, give yourself the npc damageboost flag too!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
The only thing you can get from chests are passives run.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

The ideology eater posted:

Also you didn't mention what I think is the best feature of the explosive decoy, it allows you to steal from shops. That means the shopkeepers other than the main one get you an item for the low low price of one curse.

:doh:

Things like this are why I still don't have the shelleton key unlocked. I'm bad at stealing.

I'm really liking the concept of the Fellowship of Ser Junkan. Get every companion plus a level one Junkan, then go on an epic quest to level him up and defeat the Gungeon. Also, you aren't allowed to fire your gun! :v:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

:doh:

Things like this are why I still don't have the shelleton key unlocked. I'm bad at stealing.

I'm really liking the concept of the Fellowship of Ser Junkan. Get every companion plus a level one Junkan, then go on an epic quest to level him up and defeat the Gungeon. Also, you aren't allowed to fire your gun! :v:

if you can't fire your gun, how are you supposed to get junk from chests?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

SugarAddict posted:

if you can't fire your gun, how are you supposed to get junk from chests?

Good point. Clearly I should only expend the wrath of my firearms upon inanimate objects. Like walls. Or chests.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

IronSaber posted:

Bloodborne gimmick run. As the Hunter, spawn the Trick Gun and the Silver Bullet. Those and the Hunter's starting weapons are the only weapons allowed.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

dscruffy1 posted:

Except to pop chests

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Gotta say after giving it a try myself, if the Super Meat Gun was giving you trouble tracking what's going on, doing an "All Bullet Modifier Passives" run would be a nightmare.

I didn't even make it to the boss of the first floor because I couldn't see enemy bullets under the mess that just the Pilot's starter pistol was making :stonklol:

MrBlarney
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like there's still some room for challenges that could be performed without modding. Maybe a less restrictive version of the "Gunnel Vision" challenge that was suggested earlier?

• Once you start using a gun that has limited ammo, you must continue to use that gun until it is completely depleted.
  • You may switch away from guns with unlimited ammo at any time.
  • You may switch guns to perform ammo refills. (For further freedom, you can also switch your active gun when an ammo box drops or is purchased.)

It seemed like the main concern about the challenge was that there are some guns that are somewhat situational (e.g. guns with elemental properties) that would make a run extremely painful. The original suggestion required switching weapons immediately upon receipt of a new weapon. Maybe the loosening of restrictions will make this more of a viable challenge to run?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I think the developers boosted the Corsair, because I used to hate it, but it's frankly a great room clearer now and, so long as you can dodge, it's great at bosses too.

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
I would like to see a hatred of chests run. You can only buy from shops and vendors, but cannot open chests.
You can smash them, though.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Unrelated to challenges, Scattershot seems like it would be very good if you had, say, Remote Controlled Bullets to go with it.

Edit: Holy poo poo, the Super Meat Gun. :eyepop:

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Still waiting on your master run Scruffy.

• Locked thread