Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

But, will there be computer boobs?

what about the computer dongs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Going to see Pirates 5 today for my sins. My GF loves them, I think the first one is ok and the rest are garbage.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WP1hUxbNs8

Seriously though, why do they keep making Japanese animated Starship Troopers sequels that look like they could have come from Capcom's Lost Planet franchise?

And this one has freaking Casper Van Dien in it. The only good movie the guy was in and he will never let that go.

That looks pretty watchable. For those who don't know what to expect watch the stand alone Resident Evil CGI movies. They are elevated game cut scenes without the padding. They pretty much have nothing to do with the games other than the characters and their personalities.

Here is a trailer to the third one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5g-l0Bcss

Here's Leon getting rejected again, wishing he is gay or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AspiudlABok

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Thanks for talking up John Wick you fuckos. I somehow managed to completely miss it when it came out, but watched it today and greatly enjoyed all the bullets hitting all the dudes. The dog and Lester Freemon getting killed was messed up though.

Is the sequel good as well?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The sequel is good also

It doesn't have a dog-plot-hook, but John Wick kills a ton of goons and a tiny deaf girl so

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
RLM Thread Cumsensus, Good:

John Wick
John Wick 2
Dredd
The Raid: Redemption
The Raid 2
Oldboy (Korea, not US)
Fury Road
Edge of Tomorrow
Baby's Day Out

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

and Cop Dog, please.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What's the opinion most likely to earn you a big red text in CineD?

Spielberg is good, Transformers is bad, or there exists in this world films that are better than Batman v Superman?
Marvel Movie are good and not these neoliberal pro-drone warfare propaganda films.

Also what is CD's beef with Spielberg? Something dumb like he killed the New Hollywood movement? Or basicallly this Ted Rall strip:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

John Wick
John Wick 2
Dredd
The Raid 2
Oldboy (Korea, not US)
Fury Road
Edge of Tomorrow
Baby's Day Out

Checks out.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dredd was highly forgettable, imo.

The only thing I remember is that dumb rainbow slow-mo drug and how annoying it was.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Dredd was highly forgettable, imo.

The only thing I remember is that dumb rainbow slow-mo drug and how annoying it was.

Thank you, everyone's in love with that movie and I don't get it. It's dull hallway shooter, the movie.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I thought it was tense and well paced. Like The Raid.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The best thing to do is never enjoy a movie

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I didn't like The Raid that much but that might be a result of the dub being kinda bad.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you think Spielberg only makes schmaltzy​ movies you definitely need to rewatch Private Ryan and Schindler, and I'll bet $50 you haven't seen Munich.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WampaLord posted:

Thank you, everyone's in love with that movie and I don't get it. It's dull hallway shooter, the movie.

To me it seems like people were just really glad to see the character again. And the performances weren't too bad either. It's not a bad movie, but like with all comic book movies, your love of the source material can greatly influence your perception of the film.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

To me it seems like people were just really glad to see the character again. And the performances weren't too bad either.

It's not exactly hard when the characters are Growly McShowsNoFace, Rookie McOptimist, and Crazy McBadLady.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

If you think Spielberg only makes schmaltzy​ movies you definitely need to rewatch Private Ryan and Schindler, and I'll bet $50 you haven't seen Munich.

Saving Private Ryan is pretty dull after the first twenty minutes because Band Of Brothers does the same type of story a million times better and without the tonal whiplash from John Williams. I love the guy, but his pick of music for SPR was so at odds with the film itself.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hell I think Jurassic Park has a lot good commentary on corporatism with how all the problems with the park are from budget corner cuts and loving over employees pay.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

bloom posted:

Is the sequel good as well?

John Wick 2 minus the opening scene is bad. It's like someone took a repetitive hallway shooter and made it into a movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The hall of mirrors fight at the end is pretty good.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
That was good, but the middle of the movie is the same fight choreography repeated a dozen times. Reeves is not a professional stunt man or martial artist. He has one special move, the jumping neck flip, which he uses over and over because that's all he can do besides shoot and kick.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Typical Pubbie posted:

That was good, but the middle of the movie is the same fight choreography repeated a dozen times. Reeves is not a professional stunt man or martial artist. He has one special move, the jumping neck flip, which he uses over and over because that's all he can do besides shoot and kick.

Yeah there was, like, 30 minutes straight of him just shooting people in the head.

I know this aspect gets discarded by every action movie, so it's dumb to complain, but at some point you've killed so many people that it's an international incident and the city is locked down until loving Interpol captures you.

Not that a movie should go that direction, it's just that the two sequences of him mowing down cannon fodder are so repetitive that you start thinking about thinks like that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

achillesforever6 posted:

Marvel Movie are good and not these neoliberal pro-drone warfare propaganda films.

Also what is CD's beef with Spielberg? Something dumb like he killed the New Hollywood movement? Or basicallly this Ted Rall strip:

I hate it when somebody has an essay but they don't want it call it an essay so they draw a bunch of random unrelated pictures and call it a comic strip.

If your panels be rearranged randomly and still make just as much sense you don't need panels.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

John Wick
John Wick 2
Dredd
The Raid 2
Oldboy (Korea, not US)
Fury Road
Edge of Tomorrow
Baby's Day Out

These are all bad moviefeelums

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Space Cop noticeably absent from that list, because it's dogshit

but that's okay, I don't expect Roger Ebert to make great films, and the same goes for Michael Stoklasza and Rick Evans

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Secret african space utopias and vast amazonian wonder woman civilizations sort of made sense in like the golden age of comics when there were still some honest to god explorers and there wasn't a total global economy out there vs the very small and very well mapped world we live in today. I can suspend disbelieve for superpowers and FTL spaceships but not entire secret countries. No sir, that's where I draw the line!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
But have you checked behind... THIS waterfall?

Oh poo poo that's where they were hiding the other 15 million people and 100 trillion dollars no loving wonder

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Most of the mass of the universe is unaccounted for, who are you to say it's not made up of superhero realms???

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The idea of a super secret super high tech African civilization sounds like something out of the Nation of Islam.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you don't believe there's an African nation behind at least like 25% of waterfalls well I don't know what to tell you because you're beyond my help

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When Spielberg makes a movie it's either really good or really bad.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Bridge of Spies was such a well crafted and absolutely boring film

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

so I just watched tetsuo the iron man for the first time. how much of a boner do you think jay had at the end of that movie?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We measure boners on the jay scale.

So 1.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

When Spielberg makes a movie it's either really good or really bad.

Theory doesn't hold up because Lincoln isn't really bad, but it's definitely not really good.

War Horse, Bridge of Spies, The BFG, and Indy 4 suck.

Everything else owns. Especially Minority Report, Jaws, Indy 1-3, JP, and Munich.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Didn't Spielberg do war of the worlds lol.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The idea of a super secret super high tech African civilization sounds like something out of the Nation of Islam.

In a movie titled Black Panther? The hell you say.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

Didn't Spielberg do war of the worlds lol.

Also didn't he do AI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The Black Panthers and Nation of Islam were very different. The Panthers were self styled revolutionary Marxists who really liked posing guns and wearing black leather jackets. The Nation were completely bonkers.

• Locked thread