Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That's what the beast guy did. Worked pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
http://readms.net/r/bclover/111/4290/1

Hot springs chapter. So you know what that means.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It means that Aster is a man among men!

I do like how he's still hell-bent on that nun. There's always so much ambiguity in the romance of these teen-centered manga, but dammit he loves a lady and that's that!

makes me lol on the reg

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I was not expecting full frontal
not at all

Yami is still the best
And yunos genre savvy still kills me

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I really wish just once a manga was like "Actually...this whole peeping thing is pretty creepy." Still, this was a pretty funny chapter. Glad I stuck with this series. At first I really disliked it because it felt like it was intensely trying to copy everything that came before it, but now it feels like it's confident enough in its own jokes and stuff which is really nice.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Fit girls, ripped boys. Best chapter.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hopeford posted:

I really wish just once a manga was like "Actually...this whole peeping thing is pretty creepy." Still, this was a pretty funny chapter. Glad I stuck with this series. At first I really disliked it because it felt like it was intensely trying to copy everything that came before it, but now it feels like it's confident enough in its own jokes and stuff which is really nice.
My Hero Academia pretty flatly says it's creepy, twice even. Still has the fanservice shots accompany them however (albeit less blatant than Black Clover's just now).

Tataba seems to really be going for maximum pandering to the audience here; I wouldn't be shocked if he did this so he can do what the Yuuna artist does and make them anatomically correct in the volume (which apparently is something you can get away with).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I was not expecting full frontal
not at all

I feel like there's not really any difference between full frontal and just topless when it just shows the vague outline of the area like that.

Mikl posted:

Fit girls, ripped boys. Best chapter.

lol at that Rose Captain lady getting all hot and bothered at imagining Yami's swole bestial body.

edit: I hope Aster remains committed to Sister for the entire comic and marries her at the end.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 25, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:same:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yuno desperately trying to maintain his character and having that being ignored by people who don't give a poo poo is never going to stop being hilarious.

This was a nice breather arc + mini training arc in one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/112/page/1

should be fun

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

More training arcs should be three chapters with introduced best side characters.

But one thing bugs me:
No arc has yet gone as planned for the protags. Every arc has some kind of intrusion by bad guys.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Except the hot springs arc :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like the new dude's design. How do those teeth work with that mouth wrap.

Also I'm happy we finally have a TOURNAMENT ARC.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Except the hot springs arc :colbert:

Its a mini arc it doesnt count

Its practically a 4koma with a fold out pinup section

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The hot springs thing kinda reeks to me as a way to sell more volumes when Tataba goes back and adds in all the nipples like the artist for Yuuna does

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lol if all he adds in are Yamis manly nips

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fabricated posted:

The hot springs thing kinda reeks to me as a way to sell more volumes when Tataba goes back and adds in all the nipples like the artist for Yuuna does

Is this really a thing? I've never picked up a Yuuna volume, but I've flipped through a few chapters in the magazine and that series is like half tits. I wonder how much of his work is just drawing volume nipples.

Also, tournament hype. Glad it's a team field battle thing rather than just 1 on 1s. But I would have been happy either way honestly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
asta might be in trouble. i don't think anyone on his team is inclined to use him as a projectile!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

asta might be in trouble. i don't think anyone on his team is inclined to use him as a projectile!

with his new powers he turns himself into a projectile

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Holy poo poo you're right.

:magical:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's loving brilliant.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ugh tourney arc is my least favorite shonen plot arc because I'd rather have adventuring/exploration arcs. Also, too many side characters on each team.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like tournaments in series with interesting fights. Unfortunately Black Clover doesn't have very interesting fights.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The duders just built Magic Artillery, you're crazy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

All the teams are going to combine their powers to do weird stuff and it'll be cool.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

I like tournaments in series with interesting fights. Unfortunately Black Clover doesn't have very interesting fights.

What the.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Sharkopath posted:

All the teams are going to combine their powers to do weird stuff and it'll be cool.

This. It'll be cool artistically, at the very least.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ugh, ANOTHER tournament arc where a guy uses his magic to make binoculars??? When are these creatively bankrupt "mangaka" going to learn

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

By "interesting fights" I mean the sort of fights where characters use their abilities in unique/interesting ways and the abilities in question are clear and well-defined*. The result of the fight should feel like it "makes sense." Ideally it should be the sort of thing where the reader gets really curious as to how various match-ups would play out. Black Clover's issue is that most of the characters' attacks are just vague "big fancy offensive attack" things. Whether Aster is able to block stuff with his swords (or otherwise avoid/counter attacks) often feels pretty arbitrary.

None of this is required for the series overall to be good, though. Black Clover has other strengths, and the fights are still pretty fun and neat looking sometimes.

* Some examples of series that do this are Hunter x Hunter, World Trigger, and early Naruto.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 9, 2017

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I think series where the fights follow rigid rules and become puzzle battles are really satisfying because you can sometimes figure out the "solution" ahead of times.

However, the way the series is set up makes it really hard for Aster to participate in puzzles because he can instantly nullify them 90% of the time. The powers being vague works for Black Clover because it's about doing weird cool stuff that's basically a schoolyard fight of hypotheticals.

And that's interesting to me

e: I realize I'm kind of talking past you, so I'm glad that you explained what you meant by "interesting." I just wanted to say why I thought Black Clover's fights were good for me

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

None of this is required for the series overall to be good, though. Black Clover has other strengths, and the fights are still pretty fun and neat looking sometimes.

* Some examples of series that do this are Hunter x Hunter, World Trigger, and early Naruto.

I'll settle for understandable and flow well vs interesting fights at least. I liked World Trigger, FMA, and Arslan for battles. I almost want to throw in OPM but mostly it's just Genos doing the legwork.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New chapter is up. Mimosa has become very powerfuly and good. I like her big flower beam. It makes no sense at all, but hey, MAGIC

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shes a bulbasaur

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, a Solar Beam.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also King from Seven Deadly Sins has an attack like that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

New chapter is up. Mimosa has become very powerfuly and good. I like her big flower beam. It makes no sense at all, but hey, MAGIC

she's the sunflower from plants vs zombies

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The series has bleach-itis.

Way, way Too many characters.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I demand a recount on the popularity poll considering Yami lost to Asta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The difference between this and bleach is ...

... these characters are good.