Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

You'd hate Roberts too if he robbed you of your Draiftu and then wrote him considerably better and made everyone like the character as opposed to thinking he smelled of feet.

I think he meant this thread's Shane not Drift's creator unless they were the same person all along!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Transformers: Gay Robots That Turn Into Gayer Trucks

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Blackheart posted:

I think he meant this thread's Shane not Drift's creator unless they were the same person all along!

No, we're not because I actually loved Furman's initial run enough to not poo poo all over it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
honestly I want more gay robots

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

That was the joke, yeah, but I think it fell flat. (Try not to take it so personally, Shane)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

I enjoy the 'phobes freaking out over it so yes please, more Gaybots.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Spiderdrake posted:

That was the joke, yeah, but I think it fell flat. (Try not to take it so personally, Shane)

See, now I feel bad :smith: or maybe stupid. No, definitely stupid

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TOY POST

So a while back I bought the Perfect Effect torso upgrade kit for CW Menasor. This included a torso addition, a sword extension and a new head. Or at least, it was supposed to. Mine arrived without a head. I just received the replacement and the vendor was so nice that they just shipped me a whole kit. So I have a torso and sword piece from the kit that I do not need.

Does anyone here want these? For cost of shipping.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Combiner port joke

Transformers: You Are Being Deceived
Transformers: A Little Energon And A Lot Of Luck
Transformers: Still Bitching About Comics
Transformers: Shake Your Energon Hips
Transformers: No Gift Receipt, Thanks, These Toys Are For Me
Transformers: In Canada It Was Called Beasties

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

TOY POST

So a while back I bought the Perfect Effect torso upgrade kit for CW Menasor. This included a torso addition, a sword extension and a new head. Or at least, it was supposed to. Mine arrived without a head. I just received the replacement and the vendor was so nice that they just shipped me a whole kit. So I have a torso and sword piece from the kit that I do not need.

Does anyone here want these? For cost of shipping.

Oh me! Me!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Would gaybots be as big a deal if they didn't have fembots to contrast it against

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PM me dude.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Would gaybots be as big a deal if they didn't have fembots to contrast it against

probably not so its good they've been doubling down on both

everyone wins!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

Transformers: In Canada It Was Called Beasties

These both mean a great deal to me

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Megathread, is that you? Here's a Hint!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Transformers Megathread - Till All Are Leader-1

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Megathread, is that you? Here's a Hint!
Ok that's a good one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheDK posted:

We have a winner.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheDK posted:

Ok that's a good one.
Yeah I'm sorry that one wins.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
So, any place still has MP-36 in stock?

the guy from Semisonic fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 11, 2017

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

But that he got so combatitive off the bat it a bad sign, especially as he's done it before. I've seen people do this on twitter and it's never a good look, but I appreciate he deleted it but the damage is done imo. And again, I like Roberts, I think he's a clearly talented writer with great ideas, a brilliant sense of plotting and character development but the stories he's telling and the characters he's framing have no interest for me, and there are other characters and plot points he's seeded that I want to see carry on
When I first talked to him about how he seems to use the ability to transform as metaphor for any uncontrollable characteristic that would cause a person to be marginalised depending on the story he literally physically flinched and pulled back as if I was going to dive over the table at him. That kind of made me think that he maybe actually has been assaulted by some fan who was angry about the gay robots. Given how lovely we are as a group I can understand him reacting badly to fans online once in a while.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Oh, hey, I managed to glue the turret back on and I can twist it again. CRISIS AVERTED.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BBTS just reintroduced their $4 flat rate shipping on all orders. Makes ordering from them more appealing.

Edit: also installed this PE kit, I love how it looks.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 11, 2017

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Rhyno posted:

BBTS just reintroduced their $4 flat rate shipping on all orders. Makes ordering from them more appealing.

Yeah, I liked it well enough to get both Menasor versions. They are currently high fiving on my shelf.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I won the thread lottery today

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DisposableHero posted:

Yeah, I liked it well enough to get both Menasor versions. They are currently high fiving on my shelf.

I'm a bit annoyed about the G2 version, I bought it when it was originally released and left it in my pile of loot and when they shipped my order they didn't have one to send me so I'm still waiting on that.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Picked up Seaspray yesterday, which means I probably missed Brawn, and saw Sky Shadow, which means I probably missed Six Shot. Never saw Six Shot or Brawn in stores though.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Excellent thread name upgrade.

I recommended that because I actually said that out loud to the Target check out lady yesterday.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

I bought the PE kits for all the CW combiners. They take them from "Not bad" to "Hot drat" with a quickness.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Hey TFCon Toronto people, my wife is likely backing out which means I have an extra Saturday pass if someone hasn't registered yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I bought the PE kits for all the CW combiners. They take them from "Not bad" to "Hot drat" with a quickness.

I never got around to getting the chest kit for Superion and don't really feel like I need it. Same for Computron but that one adds quite a bit more to the package overall.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BBTS seems to be having a big 3P clearance sale across various makers.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Apologies if this was already posted, but people have been finding Fortress Maximus marked down to $40 at Ollie's Bargain Outlet, which is kind of a rednecky version of Big Lots.

I called my local one yesterday, and they said they got ten in on Friday, but they all sold out within an hour. They said they might get more, so keep checking. People on TFW2005 seem to be having decent luck finding them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Someone on a FB group seemed to have found some at Ollies further reduced for $5, which is amazingly :stare:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Okay NOW if someone finds a $5 Fort Max, I'll take one and PayPal you with a quickness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Someone on a FB group seemed to have found some at Ollies further reduced for $5, which is amazingly :stare:

The guy who refused to post his receipt? He probably sticker swapped.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yeah, there's seperate stickers that they scan so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a jackass that swapped stickers. If the cashier didn't know what it was it'd be pretty easy to do.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I have an extra Ollies Fortress Maximus that I'd like to offer up to goony goons first. Ideally I'd like to trade it for something neato, but if nothing stands out I'll sell it for the cost I paid plus shipping.

If it'd be better to take this to PMs or post a SA-Mart ad I can do that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Medullah posted:

I have an extra Ollies Fortress Maximus that I'd like to offer up to goony goons first. Ideally I'd like to trade it for something neato, but if nothing stands out I'll sell it for the cost I paid plus shipping.

If it'd be better to take this to PMs or post a SA-Mart ad I can do that too.

i think i might bite