Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Zogo posted:

If the Warriors lose two more KD better do this again:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/791858809249509376

man i forgot about this. kd is the fakest dude in sports and jesus christ thats a huge accomplishment the competition is fierce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Lakers 2015 team could easily beat the Warriors this year

Cavs in 6

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSjvYp4YlY

did this one get posted already cause its the one i always think of

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Yeah, I really hate this. And like there's so little thought that most of the people who post these kind of things put into it, and I really don't want to have a demographic discussion with people who think that every region of the state voted like a state did overall.

Sorry, I sometimes forget that I'm not in C-spam when I make political posts to annoy people

I know that Cleveland did its best

Though I am still going to blame the Cavs for breaking causality :colbert:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

man i forgot about this. kd is the fakest dude in sports and jesus christ thats a huge accomplishment the competition is fierce

and he plays next to the corniest dude in sports

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

DeimosRising posted:

District lack of our playoff posters last night, strange stuff

As an irregular playoff poster I turned on a PBS thing about Jimi Hendrix then realized I knew how that turned out, it's gonna end depressing, and look at all those skags who.....then I flipped it over to the game and realized I knew how that was going to turn out, it's gonna end depressing, and will you look at those skags.....

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Water is wet
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/873677529734762496

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
On one hand I want that Cavs to have whatever advantage they can get

On the other hand I miss physical playoff basketball and think it should be encouraged. That it got physical during a game where the teams combined for 250 points was awesome

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

EvanTH posted:

you got some reading comprehension issues if you think that's a defense of Trump.

Here's a mirror for ya:
"Sucks that the series is going back to California, an extremely racist state that went blue because the residents are all tech-bros who love endless war, profit off rising inequality, and support the use of unpaid prison labor to "keep costs down" in their mansions. Kinda sucks, but everyone knows Californians voted for Clinton because they agreed with her remarks referring to young black men as "superpredators". Hey don't get mad dude all of my friends agree with me"

Literally what everyone has been saying whenever the Warriors are brought since they 2015.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TildeATH posted:

Literally what everyone has been saying whenever the Warriors are brought since they 2015.

Hahaha I love this sentence. It's Tae style art

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahaha I love this sentence. It's Tae style art

Light
Years
A
Head

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

I hope lebron destroys him tho the odds are bad

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Also, lol at Tristan Thompson saying nobody punks Tristan Thompson. Does he not realize everyone saw him get punked for the first 3 games and he is one of the bigger factors of the Cavs game 3 loss? A guy paid that much not getting played in a Finals 4th quarter while healthy, lol.

Saw him get punked a few times last game too. A certain "small" forward was still reaching spider arms over him for easy putbacks. Even in the late game Thompson was fumbling passes, and that little one-hand floater has dried up completely, clanking every single one after it was wet for like two seasons. He's playin' not so great but meanwhile Pachulia is playing with big-head mode switched on. His weird noggin is loving gigantic. The guy has light years of head.

TildeATH posted:

haha well everyone knows the californians and warriors fans here are one of the good ones so it's okay. except war crimes he's a dick

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
KD giving up a 3-1 lead to GS then going to GS and giving up a 3-0 lead to Cleveland would be pinnacle basketball and the most poetic ending in sports since Thomas Edward Patrick Brady came back from 28-3.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

It's going to take decades. Reggie Miller was the progenitor and with each new season there will be more.

I bet the numbers on open threes around the league are already vastly improved, but the overall improvement is masked by an increased defensive focus on the three. Open corner threes are now the tell-tale of bad defense. But I have no way of proving this. You will have to trust me. Do you trust me, Zogo?

TBeats posted:

KD giving up a 3-1 lead to GS then going to GS and giving up a 3-0 lead to Cleveland would be pinnacle basketball and the most poetic ending in sports since Thomas Edward Patrick Brady came back from 28-3.

whoa I actually didn't know his full name was Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr until I looked it up just now to see if you were exaggerating. That's obscenely Bostonian.

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 11, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The most positive thing about the incoming Warriors championship is Steve Nash will finally have an NBA ring.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Glumslinger posted:

Sorry, I sometimes forget that I'm not in C-spam when I make political posts to annoy people

I know that Cleveland did its best

Though I am still going to blame the Cavs for breaking causality :colbert:

Between the Cavs and Cubs last year we broke reality

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
What a surprise cav 'fans' are also Patriots 'fans' and love Donald Trump

In the 2020 census I hope you check the appropriate box labeled "White (Human Garbage)"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

Between the Cavs and Cubs last year we broke reality

Brexit was 4 days after the Cavs won, so I still feel justified saying that is when reality died. The Cubs vs Indians World Series was just a manifestation​ of it

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Did Vegas offer any odds for the Cavs winning the series while it was at 3-0?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ammanas posted:

In the 2020 census I hope you check the appropriate box labeled "White (Human Garbage)"

cleveland went blue, dawg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TBeats posted:

Turn left. Do not seriously engage.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

theres been 2 warriors/pats fans in the gdts these last few games so there goes that one

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Yeah but at least they voted for Obama in 08

TBeats posted:

Dunno why this keeps getting mentioned we're talking about 'fans' not Cleveland residents who are broadly ok. Their PD is "White (Human Garbage)" tho bigtime

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ammanas posted:

Yeah but at least they voted for Obama in 08

Go back and look at the 08 electoral map, Cavs fans likely did the same. Blaming fanbases for how their state voted is dumb anyway.

Also, many people I know from Ohio that aren't from the Cleveland area don't follow the NBA/care about the Cavs.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dexo posted:

Turn left. Do not seriously engage.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

I work with a guy who is a Patriots, Cardinals and Lakers fan. Haven't asked but I suspect he voted for Trump, if he voted.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Spacebump posted:

Go back and look at the 08 electoral map, Cavs fans likely did the same. Blaming fanbases for how their state voted is dumb anyway.

Also, many people I know from Ohio that aren't from the Cleveland area don't follow the NBA/care about the Cavs.

I was at a grocery store in Columbus last week and there were about 1.5 piece of Cavs paraphernalia per person.

The only people that don't like the Cavs 'think college basketball is better' which is dogwhistle racism because no one watches that poo poo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Plz stup

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I will never stup. You can't make me stup.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Did Vegas offer any odds for the Cavs winning the series while it was at 3-0?

My bookie offered it to me at +2500 He is now offering it at +1200. I assume that is close to what Vegas has.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ammanas posted:

Shaddup bitch

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Michael Corleone posted:

The longer this series goes the more it helps the subset of the Cleveland economy who put up tents and sell Cavs shirts for $10 in gas station parking lots. I think the one I bought last year is legit because it says Locker Room Authentic Edition and has the Logo on it. Probably fake and these guys probably don't pay taxes. These shops also pop up selling Indians gear when they are in the PO's and Valentines and Easter gifts. Any other cities have stuff like this?

e; to add, they rented out actual store fronts in the 90's to sell Indians World Series and ALCS stuff that actually was legit.

The bootleg shirt hustle is strong in Memphis

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol what if your dad was Guy Fieri

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dexo posted:

I will never stup. You can't make me stup.

Stup kid sitting on the stup

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zoux posted:

Lol what if your dad was Guy Fieri

I'd be rich as gently caress with a dad who seems genuinely nice and chill

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. F! posted:

Stup kid sitting on the stup

Stoop kid was voiced by Bobby Budnick. Wow!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Guy looks like an rear end in a top hat but he likes food I like, has a bunch of money, and falls more on the loveable side of goofy than the other so he knows a bunch of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

WhyteRyce posted:

Guy looks like an rear end in a top hat but he likes food I like, has a bunch of money, and falls more on the loveable side of goofy than the other so he knows a bunch of people.

On the other hand he roots for the dubs so...

• Locked thread