Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I love Sato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
"Will, on a scale of 1 to 10, how intense was that?"

"Very intense."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

I love Sato

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

TK winning would've been the perfect finish to this...well...whatever this was tonight. An excellent race which went full stupid after the big wreck, then became an excellent race again and had a lovely finish which was probably for the best given a GWC would've been equal parts exciting and terrifying?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wicka posted:

The greatest moment of my life was tonight, when I screamed "NO ATTACK NO CHANCE" exactly in sync with Townsend Bell.

Appreciating this post

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Salt Walther didn't care about his feet sticking out.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I never want to see someone get killed in a race car but I kind of feel like Sato wants to go out like that

he's either incredibly dumb or incredibly suicidal, and I fuckin' love it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DW is so much more likeable when he's not doing commentary

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Salt Walther didn't care about his feet sticking out.

neither did Stan Fox

Zanardi kinda did, because they stuck out way too far

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

VikingSkull posted:

I never want to see someone get killed in a race car but I kind of feel like Sato wants to go out like that

he's either incredibly dumb or incredibly suicidal, and I fuckin' love it

No. He just has full belief in either the car making the move or the safety equipment keeping him alive.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Genocide Tendency posted:

No. He just has full belief in either the car making the move or the safety equipment keeping him alive.

there's a very thin line between bravery and stupidity, to be fair

in any case he's easily the most entertaining racer in American motorsport atm

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

TK winning would've been the perfect finish to this...well...whatever this was tonight. An excellent race which went full stupid after the big wreck, then became an excellent race again and had a lovely finish which was probably for the best given a GWC would've been equal parts exciting and terrifying?

Yeah, this was a race that uh, yeah. Who knows what would have happened if we didn't have the big one, but the green flag racing today was loving amazing and so tense.

All in all, I'd say... well, The 500 was better of the two speedway races so far, Firestone took a poo poo (though I think they'll be ready for next year, no reason to assume otherwise).

Race grade? C.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

He's being doing this poo poo as long as I can remember and he shouldn't have had that confidence like 15 years ago.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/EmmaDaviesDixon/status/873749098427494401

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

TK was real bad today

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

He's being doing this poo poo as long as I can remember and he shouldn't have had that confidence like 15 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzQAgXS63Uk

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

If only your husband was half as exciting, Emma, I might like watching him race.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

neither did Stan Fox

Zanardi kinda did, because they stuck out way too far

:agreed:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

in any case he's easily the most entertaining racer in American motorsport atm

I have been saying that since 2011.

wicka posted:

Faith isn't faith if you only have it when it works out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

FartingBedpost posted:

If only your husband was half as exciting, Emma, I might like watching him race.

I almost fell asleep thinking about a Dixon post race win interview

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

I almost fell asleep thinking about a Dixon post race win interview

So you're saying we found the cure for insomnia?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
the only thing worse than a Scott Dixon win is an Emma Dixon tweet

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

the only thing worse than a Scott Dixon win is an Emma Dixon tweet

:wrong:

A Scott Dixon championship.

Which somehow, he's still in the lead for.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

U mad bitch??? Ahahaha.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't like the Dixon family. Being salty and boring as gently caress is not a good combo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am a Scott Dixon Fan

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sato has taken out Dixon approximately twice I think.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm trying to figure out the IndyCar landscape here...

Scott Dixon is apparently boring.

Sato is the same as he was in F1.

Tony Kanaan is an rear end in a top hat (?).

Graham Rahal is an rear end in a top hat.

James Hinchcliffe seems to be more of an actor than a racing driver.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Someone still uses "phat" in TYOOL 2017.

Wirth1000 posted:

All drivers at some point in this series are considered an rear end in a top hat. The goalposts are moved depending on the severity of the need to consider a driver as being, or not being, an rear end in a top hat.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

hi, casual fan here, but TK is a fan favorite, just sounds like he lost his loving mind tonight

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

I am a Scott Dixon Fan

We've established you hold very questionable opinions about bland drivers.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

gently caress off, Waltrip

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-05-09/sports/sp-4082_1_stock-car

quote:

"I was absolutely astounded," Waltrip said. "They go through that turn sooo fast, I don't have any idea how they make it. If I was here for the start of the 500, I'd probably hyperventilate and pass out when they all go in that turn together. The track's so narrow, there's no way they can get through."

The NASCAR drivers had a race last Sunday at Talladega, Ala., for which all 40 cars qualified at better than 202 m.p.h. The slowest car in last year's Indy 500 was over 204, and an even faster field is expected for this year's race May 25.

Similar speeds don't mean similar driving conditions, though.

"You can learn to drive a stock car driving on the street," Waltrip said. "Nothing you do on the street can relate to what these guys are doing. I think you'd be better off knowing how to fly an airplane to drive one of these things."

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Indycar drivers and this sport are loving stupid. Lets strap into an upside down airplane made out of glue and pencil lead and go 240mph with our heads sticking out, risking our loving lives even after our friends died and driving like you are poisoned and only the winner gets the antidote, all for the adoration of like 10k people in the stands who dont know your name and 100k ultra nerds at home. And some of them PAY for the privilege!

What a stupid sport. Its the best goddamn sport I know.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Basticle posted:

hi, casual fan here, but TK is a fan favorite, just sounds like he lost his loving mind tonight

He is still a gigantic prick who needs to go the gently caress away.

The only driver who is a bigger poo poo stain is Castroneves.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

We've established you hold very questionable opinions about bland drivers.

Talent wise he's probably the best.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wirth1000 posted:

I would take Dixie over Will Power seven days a week.

TK is a good driver who momentarily ran out of talent and still nearly won the race.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Wirth1000 posted:

Yes.

quote:

Also yes. Very fast but also insanely mistake prone.

quote:

Actually no. He's one of the most popular drivers in the series and is generally a p cool dude. He just was on another planet tonight.

quote:

Sometimes.

quote:

A bit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, rapid thoughts:

1. If you're worried about tires at a new (or "new") track, test them in as close to race conditions as possible. I don't recall them testing them at night for Texas as they should have.
2. The green flag sections were awesome. So many close calls, Vautier going loving ham, Sato doing his usual, great poo poo.
3. I'll excuse the mandatory pit stops if it was over tire concerns. However it should have never happened in the first place (see #1).
4. I can't wait to see how this race will unfold next year with new aero.
5. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE TRISTAN VAUTIER A FULL TIME RIDE, THANK YOU.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

you missed the best quote of his

quote:

"Indianapolis is so involved in its own kind of racing that I don't think the city, the track or the people here are ready for stock cars. It would be an injustice to tradition."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Wirth1000 posted:

dixon is the best driver in the field but bland, sato owns, tk owns but left his brain at home tonight, graham is a baby more so than an rear end in a top hat, hinch is secretly only in indycar to play pranks on other drivers

• Locked thread