Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the Daniels Angle began at the ladder war where he got the shine and turned babyface and built with weeks of great promos it was good

Chris James 2 posted:

the execution definitely didn't live up to it

my man took off one shirt to reveal a second, differently-aligned one beneath it what more do you people want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chris James 2 posted:

The Kaz Bullet Club one-event twist was meh. I could see how that'd seem like a good idea but the execution definitely didn't live up to it, maybe if it'd had more time

I didn't watch ROH before that show so I got all that story from the video package and it was awesome. Especially with Kaz winning earlier in the night, confirming his decision as the right one.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Chris James 2 posted:

The Kaz Bullet Club one-event twist was meh. I could see how that'd seem like a good idea but the execution definitely didn't live up to it, maybe if it'd had more time

Yeah, Daniels really honestly deserves better than a gold watch run in a period where the most exciting thing abt ROH is its proximity to hotter promotions.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he had a good ascent angle and a serviceable run with the top title in the second biggest promotion in the country, also probably the best protected title in the country. probably a bit better than he deserved but hes made the most of it

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Expect a lot of fake news to circulate about Dalton Castle's contract soon.

Right on time

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mob posted:

Right on time

Hm?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said in the WON that his contract's expiring this month and WWE has great interest

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

But what about his boys.....

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Do NOT like the idea of Dalton in WWE. Vince will not get the gimmick, and he'll be made out to be Adrian Adonis or Rico version 2.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I want Dalton Castle to join the fashion police as soon as possible so please get on that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/870405844642353153

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mob posted:

Right on time

Yep

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please keep this in the indie thread

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm now beginning to think that rovert and Roque are the same person and there will be a dramatic twist/internal struggle.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Kenny did the j o b to some random bro in mud wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tomorrow marks 10 years since the Bryan Danielson/Nigel McGuinness match that aired on the Driven PPV.

The one with the the charging headbutt spot.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I watched that match last week. What a great match and what a gross spot.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/first-roh-talent-announced-war-worlds-uk-tour

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-6-man-tag-team-titles-are-line-best-world

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/hangman-page-and-frankie-kazarian-battle-it-out-strap-match-best-world

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/jay-lethal-looks-revenge-against-silas-young-best-world

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-tag-team-titles-are-line-best-world

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i ain't clicking that many links on my phone give us the rundown love

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

from the urls I can at least tell that we're getting the immense draw that is Jay Lethal / Silas Young

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i ain't clicking that many links on my phone give us the rundown love

War of the Worlds UK tour will have Daniels, Kaz, the Bucks, the Briscoes, and Lethal in addition to the already announced Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero, and Mistico
Best in the World matches: Bully Ray and Briscoes defend trios title against Dalton and the boys, Hangman Page vs Kaz in a strap match, Lethal vs Silas Young, Bucks defend the tag titles against War Machine

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thank you. i hereby promote you to Chris James 1. oatgan, if you would do the honors

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Is it a yapapi strap match brother?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Best in the World matches: Bully Ray and Briscoes defend trios title against Dalton and the boys, Hangman Page vs Kaz in a strap match, Lethal vs Silas Young, Bucks defend the tag titles against War Machine

so to run down the BITW card

Cody should beat Daniels but won't because this is ROH

a good tag title match even if it wont be as good as the last one in Lowell

a 6 man tag match that will probably further bury Dalton Castle

one match that has 2 great people and the kingdom in it which won't get anywhere the promotion it deserves because it's ROH and I don't trust them after completely making GBS threads the bed promoting Dragon Lee/Hiromu Takahashi last year

and 2 utterly heatless matches that are trying to keep people on a card

at least we hopefully get KUSHIDA vs Scurll

oh and Gabe's going to gently caress over the TV taping because Beyond and EVOLVE are running a double header in Melrose about 20 miles away that day

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure EVOLVE's massive drawing power will be a big problem

However, putting the belt on Cody Rhodes will kill RoH

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I've been dragging my feet on getting tickets because the card I expected (and am getting) isn't inspiring and ringside is already sold out with most of the first balcony sold out. Cody ain't killing ROH.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

the last time they did TV in Lowell, maybe 300 or 400 people showed up and a bunch of them were big Beyond fans. They had to move a ton of people from up in the balcony so you didn't see empty seats around the ring.

It didn't matter then, because Beyond ran a Sunday show that weekend and shared a lot of talent with ROH.

Of course with ROH cracking down on sharing talent with Floslam affiliated promotions that isn't happening this year, so instead it's going to be 2 cards running against the TV tapings headlined by Matt Riddle. He's taking on Keith Lee in the early show, and ZSJ later.

MassRafTer posted:

I've been dragging my feet on getting tickets because the card I expected (and am getting) isn't inspiring and ringside is already sold out with most of the first balcony sold out. Cody ain't killing ROH.

Parquet really isnt a balcony it's more of the lower bowl tier and is kind of better than ringside tbh

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MassRafTer posted:

Oh I know he's a draw, I'm talking about a metaphorical killing.

It's actually kind of funny that RoH is drawing really well when they're putting on their shittiest product in a long time. I know this is true because Rovert stopped posting about how Dave was lying about attendance figures for the company every few days.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/870186243568652288 https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/873587497275674624

The most transparently fed story in a long time turned out to be untrue. What a shock. Not even in Meltzer's writing.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am glad Dalton Castle will not be on television I watch for the foreseeable future.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol if all this leads up to Dalton winning the world title off Cody at Final Battle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody is actually a better wrestler than Dalton Castle.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

^^

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
tbh I love Dalton, but I love him less than I did like 2 years ago

mostly because he's roughly where he was on the card 2 years ago and he deserves better

I guess he isn't jobbing to Silas on PPVs anymore so that's a plus

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's his natural position tbh

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

RoH Discussion: welcome to the Dalton Castle Lamentation Station

:negative:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

that's his natural position tbh

He deserves better than the Bray Wyatt spot

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

He deserves better than the Bray Wyatt spot

Bray Wyatt deserves better than the Bray Wyatt spot, imo :colbert:

I like performers who bring a bit of the theatrical to this weird, exploitative, wonderful, terrible carny not-sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Cody is actually a better wrestler than Dalton Castle.

By a lot.

• Locked thread