Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

this is hardly new, the optimal way to play eve online has always been using money to accelerate everything

it wasn't "everything" until injectors came along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
pre-emptive "don't even try to equate implants with that"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Fix Lag posted:

it wasn't "everything" until injectors came along

no, i am talking about the character bazaar

injectors didn't add anything new to the game, it only made an already existing process much more granular and easier

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Just participated in my first major fleet fight. We took double Titan bridges so we barely had to take any gates.

Landed on the enemy. Fired my weapons and was instantly vaporized and podded back home for free without having to take gates. If that's not total victory then I don't know what is :toot:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no, i am talking about the character bazaar

injectors didn't add anything new to the game, it only made an already existing process much more granular and easier

on the contrary, it was rare to find the exact character you needed for any situation, with this it's possible to actually CREATE any character you want.

before injectors no one really ever bought ganking, outside of people quitting and giving them away. now i've used 4-5 injectors on each of my dudes easily. likewise instead of either waiting 30 days to do some gimmick or buy an entire character to being able to do it, i can just buy a couple of 'jectors and shoot up dudes in my new 100mn hamgu

if i was a ghost trainer i could straight up create 50 titan alts and buy 50 titans. before injectors i couldn't do that, it would take months, maybe even years to buy 50 titan pilots.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
also what the hell does ccp do with the 300-600 employees that they have? why is everything so slow and lovely at ccp HQ?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also what the hell does ccp do with the 300-600 employees that they have? why is everything so slow and lovely at ccp HQ?

I know what they don't do with them

produce new games that make it to market and create a revenue stream that eventually turns a profit

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
they have six gunjack or valkyrie like black box projects running all the time. only 20 people create new assets incl art for eve

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

on the contrary, it was rare to find the exact character you needed for any situation, with this it's possible to actually CREATE any character you want.

before injectors no one really ever bought ganking, outside of people quitting and giving them away. now i've used 4-5 injectors on each of my dudes easily. likewise instead of either waiting 30 days to do some gimmick or buy an entire character to being able to do it, i can just buy a couple of 'jectors and shoot up dudes in my new 100mn hamgu

if i was a ghost trainer i could straight up create 50 titan alts and buy 50 titans. before injectors i couldn't do that, it would take months, maybe even years to buy 50 titan pilots.

rare, sure, but still possible

i don't disagree with the fact that skill injectors accelerate the process to hell and back, but i definitely disagree that the problem is somehow novel or new

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

niche games for VR which has a shallow market

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

never forget the janky yet still decent shooter that ccp made for a 13 year old console

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

This.

It's not entirely unreasonable to equate the character bazaar to injectors, but they're two wildly different means of transferring SP. One is granular, as Querns explained, but the other has so much potential lost value that the only way to realize any ROI would be to sell the character again down the road.

Coupled with the very serious amount of ISK involved, it's more like a luxury good (buying a YACHT) or a home, whereas SP from injectors is way more like a commodity. And even includes a built-in systemic inefficiency to sink SP.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

friends, ccp is going to be sold to the russians or chinese most likely. you think hilmar is going to reinvest his savings over the years into the trash heap his company has become? lmao

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Totally scammed some gankers into giving me 100Mil for blowing up a 10mil ship earlier. 5/5 would deceive morons again. :v:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

rare, sure, but still possible

i don't disagree with the fact that skill injectors accelerate the process to hell and back, but i definitely disagree that the problem is somehow novel or new

You were never going to encounter a situation where the character bazaar could enable thousands of pilots to simultaneously circumvent the SP requirements for a given ship or industrial activity. The volume never existed for it.

The problem is brand new. The market, the players, and the designers had always accommodated the character bazaar. With injectors you literally have the posterchild for disruptive innovation/technology. We're dealing with completely different factors dictating how SP is used and traded, and how that SP impacts the market (which, honestly, I doubt the character bazaar had any measurable impact on the minerals index or any other part of the market).

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Catberry posted:

This seems like such an upper class issue. How do people even manage to rally player outcry around reduced capital ship ratting income?

Someone said that this change would make it harder to bring newbies to incursion fleets because now they could no longer use supers for support.

It's not just the fighter changes, those are just the topper on a steaming pile of poo poo. CCP has been ignoring player feedback about new stuff dating as far back as the release of Fozziesov, and it's finally reached a point where people are just too goddamn upset to stay quiet.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

haHAA another ganking multiboxer permad again, no email or justification why

should've just known better haHAA

man i loving love ccp

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

man i loving love ccp

Who?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

kusion

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

:rip: :smith:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

Just participated in my first major fleet fight. We took double Titan bridges so we barely had to take any gates.

Landed on the enemy. Fired my weapons and was instantly vaporized and podded back home for free without having to take gates. If that's not total victory then I don't know what is :toot:

:shobon:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

niche games for VR which has a shallow market

I have a rift, it's a non existent market really. I'd regret the purchase if I didn't get it at a really discounted price.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

gently caress this gay earth

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So what exactly did CCP nerf because I don't play this dead game and I can't find anything in devposts.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
NPCs will be 15% more likely to hit fighters. And for rorqs they added a 5 hour delay between collosal anoms (in addition to the previous nerfs for the excavators).

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

So much for making income bottom up. More wasted time doing dumb busy work

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

orange juche posted:

So what exactly did CCP nerf because I don't play this dead game and I can't find anything in devposts.

* excavator speed nerfed again, yield nerfed again (~10% each)
* mining anomalies now have up to a 5 hour respawn (essentially puts a 15 rorq per system cap)
* light fighters damage nerfed by 20%
* short range fighterbomber nerfed 10%
* long range fighterbomber basic attack nerfed 30%
* rats like to shoot fighters more
* (later) pirate BS build cost increase and BPC drop rate decrease (a good change)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

* excavator speed nerfed again, yield nerfed again (~10% each)
* mining anomalies now have up to a 5 hour respawn (essentially puts a 15 rorq per system cap)
* light fighters damage nerfed by 20%
* short range fighterbomber nerfed 10%
* long range fighterbomber basic attack nerfed 30%
* rats like to shoot fighters more
* (later) pirate BS build cost increase and BPC drop rate decrease (a good change)

I love when stuff I don't use gets nerfed, the misery of others sustains me :twisted:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Are escalation rates the same or are those being changed as well? Can't remember and I can't be assed to pull anything up.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lucifirius posted:

Are escalation rates the same or are those being changed as well? Can't remember and I can't be assed to pull anything up.

CCP Serial Cheese Molestor posted:

In June we are starting to address the supply of pirate battleship BPCs, with moderate changes to the chance of escalations spawning from the most popular high-end anomalies and larger changes to the drop rates of the BPCs themselves from quite a few NPCs.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Should I have been looting the poo poo I was killing in my Thanatos?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm running for csm next year can i get the goon vote?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm also going to legally marry siegfried cohenberg so i can bring him along with my free flight for free

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

i'm running for csm next year can i get the goon vote?

You got my vote, we could use a replacement for Suitonia.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baculus posted:

Every time I get enough free time to log in to play with spaceships something terrible happens.

CCP Quant's unquestionable master of SQL and Crystal Reports aside, didn't CCP have someone with an actual loving economics background working for them at some point?

That was CCP DrEyjoG. He left to be a dean at some university.

Also Goons had a pretty decent showing at the ATXV Feeder Rounds yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBzUVnVxpWI

They lost so they need to play 3 more matches on Sunday to earn a spot in the AT.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 11, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

man i loving love ccp

I feel like there has to be something happening to warrant a ban like this, but I honestly can't think of anything that'd make sense.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

I feel like there has to be something happening to warrant a ban like this, but I honestly can't think of anything that'd make sense.

we thought of a couple of things:

he pays for all of my gankers every month, and in turn he just gets all the loot from the poo poo we kill, because I really only care for ganking. We think it might be CCP flagging him for RMT, but i'm not banned so it can't be that.

he was banned for 30 days several months ago, and during that time his accounts ghost trained for like 20+ days, but no one else I know that ghost trained got banned yet, so we don't think it's that either.

we really have no idea

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

we thought of a couple of things:

he pays for all of my gankers every month, and in turn he just gets all the loot from the poo poo we kill, because I really only care for ganking. We think it might be CCP flagging him for RMT, but i'm not banned so it can't be that.

he was banned for 30 days several months ago, and during that time his accounts ghost trained for like 20+ days, but no one else I know that ghost trained got banned yet, so we don't think it's that either.

we really have no idea

you probably ganked the same dude twice in a day and got banned for harassment

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Huh this game has MAGA caps without the text. That's awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Catberry posted:

Huh this game has MAGA caps without the text. That's awkward.

Make New Eden Great again.

These Sanshas are coming in, and you know they are not bringing their best people. The are belt rats, they are can stealers, they are gate campers. We need to build a big huge glorious bubble along the empire boarders!

• Locked thread