Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocrtN9fa668

Quali highlights up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Holy poo poo. They filmed the entire raft race lmao. It's almost 30 minutes long!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NK3DRezrpQ

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo. They filmed the entire raft race lmao. It's almost 30 minutes long!

Somewhere, Bernie is livid.

But no one cares because this poo poo is awesome.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
McLaren confirmed to win Italian Grand Prix when the race moves to Venice

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm glad to see F1 cheer up after all the years of Bernie making everybody depressed.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Not knowing who's going to win each week is also good this year.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Yeah that too.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I like it when Vettel wins. Who would've thought I'd say that after 2013?

Also, 1 hour notice to MotoGP Catalunya! If you want some excitement today I'd suggest watching it ;-).

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sick so I just want to lie on the couch and watch TV. Hopefully I'll be able to watch that (completely), pass out and wake up @2am for the f1.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Haha they got the graphics guys to do proper titles for the raft race

:allears:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
F1 on at 3am, sigh. I'll have to play Avoid the Spoilers tomorrow.

Watching Rally Italia now, crazy skills and the cars are so tough. Big rocks all over the place. Some bloke broke his right rear wheel and had to nurse it over the line going sideways for half the stage.

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 11, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Halo14 posted:

F1 on at 3am, sigh. I'll have to play Avoid the Spoilers tomorrow.

Watching Rally Italia now, crazy skills and the cars are so tough. Big rocks all over the place. Some bloke broke his right rear wheel and had to nurse it over the line going sideways for half the stage.

Spoilers, don't look:

Stroll, Palmer crash
Both Mclarens break
Vettel or Hamilton wins

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My parents went to Canada for a retirement holiday and came back with this for me:

It's a sign.

Edit: loving imgur app I took that picture in landscape. :argh:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Congrats on getting sent a childrens torso.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

After careful self reflection watching the MotoGP race this morning I have now changed my mind on a big issue.

The Dov is now good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

After careful self reflection watching the MotoGP race this morning I have now changed my mind on a big issue.

The Dov is now good.

Welcome to the club. You've gotta love the guy who beats the Spaniards in Spain.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

The Dov is now good.

I certainly did a doubletake when I saw what happened, and also his championship position. I was like :what:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Great race, as per usual.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The best part was how poo poo Dovi is making Lorenzo look in comparison.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Who is the American guy on the BT Sport coverage?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidporsche posted:

The Dov is now good.

This happened last week as well and he'll, I'm glad.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Formula-e on Channel 5 now folks for your electric race fix

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That boat race was good fun to watch

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This has turned up on an event that someone I know is at, does anybody know what the gently caress it's meant to be?

Looks like a 90s-era car painted with Merc livery with a 2000s wing shoved on the back.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Tell them to send a picture of the plaque.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1VqBWKtLm4

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I love the Hulk.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Just read this.

quote:

Fernando Alonso has hit back at Ralf Schumacher after the ex-Formula 1 driver criticised the Spaniard’s karting facility in Oviedo.

Alonso's circuit is hosting the CIK-FIA European Championship, the most prestigious event in its short history, this weekend.

However, Schumacher, who owns the KSM team, has complained that the venue is not up to standard, and that karts were being damaged and drivers risked injury.

He insisted on the team's Facebook page that he had already voiced his concerns after testing earlier in the year.

"I'm very disappointed about this race because we face a very unusual situation," said Schumacher. "For the first time since I joined karting back again it feels totally wrong to race at a track like this.

"Don't get me wrong, but I was trying to explain back in January after testing here for three days that the layout of the track is not the one we should be racing on at a CIK or FIA level.

"Now we are here and we destroy more material than you could imagine. This race is going to cost a fortune for all participants and only because a decision been taken by people that don't understand the need of karting.

"On top of that we risk the health of our drivers, which again is unbelievable. One can only hope that people start to listen to the teams that we can avoid this in the future."

Alonso made it clear that he was not happy with the criticism.

"First of all I think Ralf needs some publicity, he has been so many years now out of the first page, and he wants to take benefit from this," he said.

"We have an Asturias championship, the Spanish championship, and now the European championship, together with the FIA and CIK homologations.

"So they tell you which space between the track you need to have, what space of run-off area you need to have, what cornering speed you need to have, what kerbs you need to fit, because there are standards for all the circuits.

"According to those [standards] we built the circuit, and we are hosting this weekend a fantastic event with more than 200 drivers there.

"I saw Ralf comments, that he broke some chains and tyres and axles. I think he needs to tell his drivers to drive on the asphalt, that's the first thing, because all the other teams are OK. Only his team has maybe run out of money."

He then suggested that Schumacher may have another motive: "The second thing is we cannot forget that he has a go-kart circuit, in Germany, and he wanted to host the European championship, and maybe the FIA was not so happy with his circuit the way it is."

https://www.motorsport.com/kart/news/alonso-hits-back-at-schumacher-s-criticism-of-karting-track-917089/

loving lol.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

Tell them to send a picture of the plaque.

It's claiming to be a 2010 MGP W01. I mean the paint is right, that's about it. Presumably it's an old BAR promotional chassis with a different wing bolted on the back.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

God drat Nando is brutal. :allears:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

I love the Hulk.

That Renault 16 at the beginning is triggering as gently caress because my dad bought two clapped out examples of those awful loving things (like, rusted out shells bad) in the late 90's and combined them into one like-new example. The result was still a colossal piece of poo poo and my enduring memory of it was the hateful vynl seats that used to tear skin off on hot days (which in Australia is most of them).

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Wirth1000 posted:

the F1 Fans team correctly representing this thread, I see

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
f1 2017: The first thing is to drive in the asphalt

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ralf is a piece of poo poo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wish he had hit a tree instead

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Remember that time he flat out tried to Murder Alonso in the tunnel at Monaco by brake checking him?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eric Bouillier seems like a nice fellow and i wish Honda wasnt a piece of poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
gently caress Honda.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah Honda can suck a variety pack of dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Yeah Honda can suck a variety pack of dicks

I doubt they could manage the whole pack without having to get bits swapped out.

• Locked thread