Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey took a break and came back, can someone explain horse emblem to me?

Also got the Male Robin movie when pulling expecting a 5* got 3* instead. Thinking about putting the game down for one more day.

Yeah Robins an rear end like that, they really should patch it so that it only happens at 5* as opposed to literally every time he's drawn. Tempest trials currently rewards you for punishing him :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

MotU posted:

i have something like 75 stamina potions banked so right now the only thing keeping me fromt he 50k reward is willpower

Auto-Battle wins me 3-4 matches of the final version reliably, so that'll turn 50 stamina potions into 40k cumulative score.

I could get more fighting it myself, but, I don't have that much willpower for Fire Emblem.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

There goes ANOTHER tempest final level gone to the game having extremely creative interpretations to my taps.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I am leveling up characters with a bunch of skills I want them to learn (like Xander/Cecilia thanks to the suggestions here), I am better off not using shards to auto level them even at 35+ because they get SP per kill? Better to grind out the levels and get more SP along the way, I would think.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I am leveling up characters with a bunch of skills I want them to learn (like Xander/Cecilia thanks to the suggestions here), I am better off not using shards to auto level them even at 35+ because they get SP per kill? Better to grind out the levels and get more SP along the way, I would think.

If it's someone you actually plan on using than yeah, shards and crystals should mostly be used for leveling guys to promote to 4-5* before you mulch them, or for characters you need to level quickly for GHB quests.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I'm really starting to feel my lack of a good alpha strike unit, Abel is a fine anti-red, but he can't even compare to the mileage I'd probably get if I had even a sub-optimal IV Reinhardt, I'm sitting on all the materials I need to make a great Rein, but I don't know how long its gonna be till another banner with him on it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The next banner

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

GLAAD trash bags posted:

I'm really starting to feel my lack of a good alpha strike unit, Abel is a fine anti-red, but he can't even compare to the mileage I'd probably get if I had even a sub-optimal IV Reinhardt, I'm sitting on all the materials I need to make a great Rein, but I don't know how long its gonna be till another banner with him on it.

Reinhardt is almost certainly in the next banner based on datamining

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
lol for real? Is it going to come out before tempest is over?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

GLAAD trash bags posted:

lol for real? Is it going to come out before tempest is over?

All we know is it's coming before the next mini-download

The banner is called "heroes with vantage"

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I'm so glad IS planned to address my complaints before I even started voicing them then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I will give up all the reinhart if i just get a blasted bride from this goddamn banner

200 orbs

And i didnt even get good trash

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I got three focus units off the bride banner which is the most I've ever gotten off a banner (two came from the same pull even!) but they are all the same Lynn.

I mean, I don't really MIND this but I do think it's funny. Probably 80ish orbs total, had a bunch saved up since I didn't like the last few banners at all.

Spamming my large stock of stam pots seems kind of wasteful for this Tempest thing but if it continues to suck I might consider it.

VV---- I had one pull that was a colorless and four reds on the bride banner. I got like a 3 star wrys on the colorless and quit it in disgust.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 11, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Tae posted:

I will give up all the reinhart if i just get a blasted bride from this goddamn banner

200 orbs

The game absolutely refuses to give me more than a single Blue orb. I've done like ten draws and I've only seen the one.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Tae posted:

200 orbs

Of the Brides, I only have Bride!Cordelia (one that's +Res and -Def, one that's +Atk and -HP), Bride!Lyn (two of them), and Bride!Caeda.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So I got a tharja, reindhert, nino, and lilina. Figure I should be focusing on one of them, which should it be and how do I build around them?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tae posted:

200 orbs

This was me going after Celica. Very heart breaking.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So I got a tharja, reindhert, nino, and lilina. Figure I should be focusing on one of them, which should it be and how do I build around them?

What are their natures?

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

While Horse Emblem chat is still fresh could I get some advice on who to use to round out my comp? Currently I've settled on Olwen and Xander, and was working on building up Cecilia, but after reading the thread a little I'm not sure if I should keep using her or replace her for my 5 star Titania.

I'm completely unsure who to use for the last slot. I've got Clarine there now but she's mostly just filler at the moment. Here's what I got to work with Horse wise:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
No Xander no bother

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ugh, Armour Emblem is just impossible on Arena. Too many dancers. Too many mages. Too many maps that are just unwinnable.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ran into a 40+5 Fae with Fury in Arena that demolished my team. That's some pretty powerful stuff there.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Hmm, I just rolled a +ATK, -DEF Celica after begrudgingly leveling my -ATK, +RES one to 40 because its one of the few good damage units I have (just starting out). Should I fuse my old one to my new one for the stat boost and start leveling her right away or save the old one for some kind of inherit business?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Considering how fast this thread moves and how popular the game is, shouldn't we also get a Discord channel, like the Fire Emblem/Galaxy of Heroes goons ?

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Andrast posted:

What are their natures?

Tharja is -def+res, Reindhert is +spd-def, Nino is +HP-res, and I dunno about Lilina since shes level 7

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Was it a mistake for me to have put Vantage on Xander instead of Quick Riposte?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Akett posted:

Was it a mistake for me to have put Vantage on Xander instead of Quick Riposte?
If it's Fury Xander then it's fine. Xander w/ fury+horse buffs and vantage means he can one shot some green poo poo before he dies on the vantage attack.

QR vs Vantage is pretty much up to your playstyle.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Guess I can feed him a Hinata.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Wait how many Xander builds are there? I just 5'd mine and am wondering what to do since armored blow is garbage.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait how many Xander builds are there? I just 5'd mine and am wondering what to do since armored blow is garbage.
Fury/Quick Riposte (sometimes Vantage)/Bonfire is the one I see by far the most in arena.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Centzon Totochtin posted:

You can turn that off in the settings now

You've changed my life for the better, thank you.

Why y'all hating on Cecilia? She's ace. Titania is also very cool and has better art though. Depends on what role you need your Green to fill in horse emblem imo.
I rolled a 5* -atk +def Nowi so thinking of sticking Bonfire on her and going full tank. Any thoughts on whether quick riposte or swordbreaker better on her in that scenario? I'm leaning towards swordbreaker

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Cecilia is a real gem in my cav team. While her speed's kinda balls, she's got higher attack than Leo, Ursula and Rein, which is really helpful when going for those OHKO attempts. I'm giving serious thought to promoting a 4-star Nino to offload a Gronnblade+ to her, she's doing so well.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Got my 5* MMarth :toot:

Only 20k for the seal to go.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Got my 5* MMarth :toot:

Only 20k for the seal to go.
Me too! Are you going to go for the top reward?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Me too! Are you going to go for the top reward?

I'll probably be really fed up with this mode by the time I'll get quickened pulse so probably not.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Thanks to the Tempest Battles making GBS threads Hero Merit at me, I can finally unleash The Power!

Now if you'll excuse me, I think burning some stamina to get this beautiful bastard up to speed is a worthwhile investment!

EDIT: Wow, his hands really are tiny. I hadn't looked at his portrait that carefully before.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 11, 2017

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Roger Explosion posted:

Cecilia is a real gem in my cav team. While her speed's kinda balls, she's got higher attack than Leo, Ursula and Rein, which is really helpful when going for those OHKO attempts. I'm giving serious thought to promoting a 4-star Nino to offload a Gronnblade+ to her, she's doing so well.

I'm considering the same: Promote a Nino I don't want to 5* so that Cecilia can get Gronnblade+ (and Draw Back as a nice bonus), slap on Death Blow or Life and Death (I have a Jaffar and a Klein), then go to town with her. Xander and +Atk Reinhardt is already a disgusting combination, so adding my +Atk, -HP Cecilia to the mix would make for a terrifying trio.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So what's the quickest way to grind this event for those who've got lovely pulls, I can baaaaarely do hard 5, lun 6 / 7 just utterly destroys me on the last map.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So what do I do with Masked Lucina? Death Blow/Swordbreaker/Draconic Aura?

tithin posted:

So what's the quickest way to grind this event for those who've got lovely pulls, I can baaaaarely do hard 5, lun 6 / 7 just utterly destroys me on the last map.
Go as far as you can on the highest difficulty you can? I hear it's better to quit at the higher levels than complete the lower ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Quitting on Veronica on the hardest lunatic is 300 with bonus unit. 200 for Lunatic 5. Clearing hard 5 is basically 230. So basically do Lunatic 7 if you can get there reliably for the best hero merit gain.