Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pence would be disastrous

republicans would start getting things done again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
"I am here to push religious-authoritarianism and electrocute gays, and I am all out of gays."

- Vice-President Pence

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

And yet people bay constantly for Trump's impeachment. Please don't make the guy who wants to shock my balls president, please just let the clown man dance and tweet

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FisheyStix posted:

And yet people bay constantly for Trump's impeachment. Please don't make the guy who wants to shock my balls president, please just let the clown man dance and tweet

I bet there's at least a few people out there that think if Trump gets impeached then Hillary takes office instead

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

I bet there's at least a few people out there that think if Trump gets impeached then Hillary takes office instead

i think if you look at the facts, if trump is impeached bernie will have won

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FisheyStix posted:

BUT CLOWN MANS RDUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!@!@!@!!@@!!!!!!!!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoyXONkDQyM

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I don't see how.

Instead of failing they would just do nothing.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I want to thank whoever posted the Amazon link for Listen, Liberal earlier in the thread. About a third of the way through and its a very interesting look at the transition of democrats from a party of the working class to a party dedicated to the educated professional. Spoiler: Bill does not come out of this looking very good at all.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

tactlessbastard posted:

Omg get this theology poo poo out of the hatin' on the YAASS LIZARD QUEEN thread

Things #Hillarymans have come to assert in this thread:

- Slavery is woke
- All Jews/Muslims go to hell.

"Like Hitler, I did nothing wrong" - Hillary R. Clinton at launch of her Hillary/Duke 2020 campaign, probably.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

The Insect Court posted:

Things #Hillarymans have come to assert in this thread:

- Slavery is woke
- All Jews/Muslims go to hell.

"Like Hitler, I did nothing wrong" - Hillary R. Clinton at launch of her Hillary/Duke 2020 campaign, probably.

if hillary didn't enslave those negroes someone worse would have done it, or they would have been stuck in some dirty little cell instead of being allowed to spend time in a mansion. Either way it was an act of pure charity.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it is extremely racist not to condone slavery in 2017

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
To be fair the argument quickly reduces to, "American penal system is extremely barbaric even for murderers" which, while true, is not a widely held position in the USA as far as I know.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

porfiria posted:

To be fair the argument quickly reduces to, "American penal system is extremely barbaric even for murderers" which, while true, is not a widely held position in the USA as far as I know.

among who? joe arpaio lost in arizona of all places (he now spends his time googling his name half a dozen times a day) and a major argument for the massively popular legalization movement is to end mass incarceration so i doubt americans like bloodthirsty prison systems as much as politicians think

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The most reliable, least critical voters love it though.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Bholder posted:

I don't see how.

how do you figure

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
bernie would have won, piled high

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If prison isn't deep holes in the ground where prisoners feed their rice rations to roaches in order to fatten them up and eat later then they can't be that bad. Hell they should be worse if anything; these are CRIMINALS

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

it is with a heavy heart that i must announce that the adderall retard is at it again

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/873630650238201856

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Maya Fey posted:

it is with a heavy heart that i must announce that the adderall retard is at it again

kudos to those conspirators who so successfully hacked the presidency

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Toadvine posted:

how do you figure

If there's anything they want to pass they can do it with Trump.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I just went through my blackout posts itt and gently caress you mordor and bholder

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

FisheyStix posted:

anal bung sodomy

i hate your av it doesnt loop right hth

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Bholder posted:

If there's anything they want to pass they can do it with Trump.

That they can't do with pence?? What's wrong with you

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Toadvine posted:

That they can't do with pence?? What's wrong with you

Maybe they hope to convert some trump voters permanently.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

berth ell pup posted:

i hate your av it doesnt loop right hth

:fuckoff:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

Maybe they hope to convert some trump voters permanently.

Im pretty sure conversion therapy doesn't actually work no matter how many volts you use

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Im pretty sure conversion therapy doesn't actually work no matter how many volts you use

Of course not. Conversion therapists just detest gay people and want to rationalize inflicting pain on them. "The object of torture is torture."

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Conversion therapy doesn't mention homosexuality.

edit: I guess I should mention the gay thing is called Reparative Therapy

Prorat fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 11, 2017

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I just did 5 minutes of research and the Pence and Conversion therapy thing is complete fake news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us/politics/mike-pence-and-conversion-therapy-a-history.html?mcubz=1

This came out and said that he is pro conversion therapy but the actual article says

quote:

A statement on an archived version of the website for Mr. Pence’s 2000 congressional campaign has been widely interpreted as signaling his support for conversion therapy.
and the website it links to his old website but it doesn't mention conversion therapy CTRL F it.

So "Widely interpreted" by who? a bunch of lefties?

here is the statement.

quote:

Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.

Holy poo poo, it says "sexual behavior" that can spread HIV, not homosexual behavior which means NY TIMES defaults to aids=gay. It does not say sexual orientation or homosexuality at all. Now, he is referring to sexual behavior that includes homosexuality, he also is referring to crazy wild unsafe sex before marriage, and abstinence in general. The NY TIMES made this SPECIFICALLY about homosexuality.

In fact just reading this statement I immediately think abstinence propaganda and dont be gay because of Jesus doesn't like it propaganda not "oh he must be referring to niche groups that brainwash gay people into not being gay"

Typing this all out is taking me longer than the research I actually did proving this is all fake news.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

I just did 5 minutes of research and the Pence and Conversion therapy thing is complete fake news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us/politics/mike-pence-and-conversion-therapy-a-history.html?mcubz=1

This came out and said that he is pro conversion therapy but the actual article says
and the website it links to his old website but it doesn't mention conversion therapy CTRL F it.

So "Widely interpreted" by who? a bunch of lefties?

here is the statement.

Holy poo poo, it says "sexual behavior" that can spread HIV, not homosexual behavior which means NY TIMES defaults to aids=gay. It does not say sexual orientation or homosexuality at all. Now, he is referring to sexual behavior that includes homosexuality, he also is referring to crazy wild unsafe sex before marriage, and abstinence in general. The NY TIMES made this SPECIFICALLY about homosexuality.

In fact just reading this statement I immediately think abstinence propaganda and dont be gay because of Jesus doesn't like it propaganda not "oh he must be referring to niche groups that brainwash gay people into not being gay"

Typing this all out is taking me longer than the research I actually did proving this is all fake news.

When has a liberal ever used facts or told the truth to win an argument?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Huh, I'll be damned.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VideoTapir posted:

I can think of a lot of people more hateable, honestly.

why didn't you list them then

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Maya Fey posted:

i dont understand whats so hard to understand about twitter. literally a dozen tweets before he even starts trying to make his point

like are these people's brains so poked full of holes from reading the new york times that they are incapable of communicating through anything but lengthy, meandering pontification

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

i dont understand whats so hard to understand about twitter. literally a dozen tweets before he even starts trying to make his point

like are these people's brains so poked full of holes from reading the new york times that they are incapable of communicating through anything but lengthy, meandering pontification

And on a site designed against exactly that, too. Fuckin' baffling.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Homestar Runner posted:

well I posted the video but you didn't want to watch it :shrug:

in any case, if you're basically gonna answer every confirmation hearing question with "ahem, in the immortal words of jesus christ..." u need to gtfo of politics

I watched the entire video and Bernie never asks what you said he did.

Again, I'm an atheist and I volunteered for Bernie. I think you need to chill and stop freaking out and politically disowning people like a Hillaryman whenever someone on your side even slightly disagrees with you.

e: Now I'm attacking you.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 11, 2017

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol you're really still on that subject eh? i think maybe you're the one who needs to chill my dude :shrug:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

I don't see how.

Hahahahha hhahahhahHahahah

Yeah they might lose control of every single branch of government they have control of now (all branches of government, all of them, every single one)

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Those silly failing ReTHUGlicans! They can't do anything except win every single possible contest by crushing margins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

When I read "provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior." on some holy roller Republican's campaign site I instantly realize it's the "God Hates Fags" kind and not "launch massive blue sky research initiative on trying to get Prorat laid" because I am not a loving moron and have an ability to understand the English language that is at least equivalent to those sign-language using chimps.

• Locked thread