Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sethiankit/status/873606383924629504

...also I just learned about mumbo sauce and ate some delicious loving wings covered in it which I know you loving DC pol goons knew about and kept from me, so now I'm mad at all of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Unormal posted:

https://twitter.com/sethiankit/status/873606383924629504

...also I just learned about mumbo sauce which I know you loving DC pol goons knew about and kept from me, so now I'm mad at all of you.

Historically the Romans loving loved fish sauce, to the point where historians debate that they invaded part of Gaul for it's dope fish sauce.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Does Bob Mueller have secret service protection?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Aurubin posted:

Historically the Romans loving loved fish sauce, to the point where historians debate that they invaded part of Gaul for it's dope fish sauce.
England took over half the world in search of spices and teas. Empires do crazy poo poo when their food at home desperately needs to be kicked up a notch. The easy availability of spices today could actually be a significant factor in the past century being so much more peaceful than the previous ones. (Yes, even after factoring in two World Wars... The past was seriously loving awful.)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

That can't be a real picture

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

That can't be a real picture

https://twitter.com/janamaiuri/status/873767317103980545

still nasty tho

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't tell the difference, what did he photoshop?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

lol theyre so gross

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Jesus, people. Spitting Image puppets are supposed to be an exaggeration of real people, not the other way around!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

lol I feel like that photo should be my av

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
They look like Tim and Eric pretending to be them.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Every photo of them looks like they are dead inside. Which they probably are given who their Dad is.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

And now you can see why Trump smiles the way he does without showing teeth. It honestly beats the alternative for him.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Xand_Man posted:

Every photo of them looks like they are dead inside. Which they probably are given who their Dad is.

Not dead enough imo

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/873601054226698242

https://twitter.com/xarene/status/873813374047592448

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

those are some nasty boys

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

It's horrifying to me how little work the photoshopper had to do.:stare:

I guess the good news is, the Trump dynasty has already reached its "hopelessly inbred, late Hapsburg" stage.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

lol

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

This really really rules

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Can't wait for the tweet in a few hours: "Bet my son could kick your rear end in whatever video game is most popular right now @JustinTrudeau btw stay away from my daughter!"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I think Sikhs area literally the only people from a major religion that don't seem to have any real shitheads within their ranks. Totally anecdotal, but every Sikh person I've ever met was super nice, kind and generous. I mean, their religion actually advocates for peace and not just yammering on about it.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mr Interweb posted:

I think Sikhs area literally the only people from a major religion that don't seem to have any real shitheads within their ranks. Totally anecdotal, but every Sikh person I've ever met was super nice, kind and generous. I mean, their religion actually advocates for peace and not just yammering on about it.

I used to know a Sikh guy who would always talk about how cyanide vitamin B-17 was good for you and that large doses of vitamin C would cure cancer, but that the pharmaceutical industry didn't want you to know that

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Xand_Man posted:

I like to joke that Don Jr. wears a track suit under his power suit like a Guido Superman, while Eric almost definitely has an authentic SS uniform in the back of his closet.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
So if the Sessions testimony will be closed I guess the important questions are "will it be under oath" and "will Trump be able to watch it"? Because it seems like a petulant Sessions firing is the number one thing we're hoping for right now.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mr Interweb posted:

Uh well I think some of the people responsible for the Air India attack are still alive.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

NRVNQSR posted:

So if the Sessions testimony will be closed I guess the important questions are "will it be under oath" and "will Trump be able to watch it"? Because it seems like a petulant Sessions firing is the number one thing we're hoping for right now.

He'll fire him simply because a closed hearing doesn't generate 'ratings.'

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Could the president order Sessions to divulge everything discussed in the closed meeting? Is he allowed to know all of this, even if it's against him?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Ularg posted:

Could the president order Sessions to divulge everything discussed in the closed meeting? Is he allowed to know all of this, even if it's against him?

I think the more pertinent question is, "can trump force the committee to turn over transcripts of a closed session? And if so can that request be protected by executive privilege?"

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr Interweb posted:

Sikhs did most of the killing of muslims during the partition FYI.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

business hammocks posted:

I'm really getting scared about this healthcare thing. It will kill me. I will die if preexisting conditions come back.

You are in luck. Preexisting conditions are still there, you just have to pay more for your insurance instead

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jealous Cow posted:

I think the more pertinent question is, "can trump force the committee to turn over transcripts of a closed session? And if so can that request be protected by executive privilege?"

That to.

Also are closed session transcripts covered under the freedom of information act?

Please keep in mind that I am an idiot that knows jack poo poo about stuff.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

The Innsmouth look, if ever I saw it!

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Mr Interweb posted:

I spent a couple of years living in one of the largest homeless shelters in the US (Haven for Hope in San Antonio, homeless community of around 1200 people or so). Lots of organizations would come into the shelter to provide various services, most often feeding. Anywho there was a group of Sikhs who would come in twice a month to feed us and it was always one of the most highly anticipated feedings because they always brought us fresh salads (greens of any kind of palatable quality are loving impossible to come by when you are homeless) as well as a badass lentil soup and fresh bananas. They were always super chill people who treated us as human beings worthy of respect. (Not that we weren't well treated by other groups mind you, but the Sikhs alway stood out for the unusually gracious ways they interacted with us.)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

Oh they exist. Like those guys who protest interfaith marriages by barging in on them hooded, in large groups like a bunch of assholes.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

I spent a couple of years living in one of the largest homeless shelters in the US (Haven for Hope in San Antonio, homeless community of around 1200 people or so). Lots of organizations would come into the shelter to provide various services, most often feeding. Anywho there was a group of Sikhs who would come in twice a month to feed us and it was always one of the most highly anticipated feedings because they always brought us fresh salads (greens of any kind of palatable quality are loving impossible to come by when you are homeless) as well as a badass lentil soup and fresh bananas. They were always super chill people who treated us as human beings worthy of respect. (Not that we weren't well treated by other groups mind you, but the Sikhs alway stood out for the unusually gracious ways they interacted with us.)

There are some Sikh temples in India where they serve free food to anyone who comes in. All you have to do is take off your shoes and wash up. The one I visited in Delhi was awesome and everyone was super chill.

My first experience with Sikhs was as a teenager in my hometown near LA. A Sikh family ran an Indian fast food style restaurant near me and they were super happy to talk about their deal, explain their turbans, their jewelry, and if they got to know you their kirpan, which is a bad rear end sword they carry.

evilmiera posted:

Oh they exist. Like those guys who protest interfaith marriages by barging in on them hooded, in large groups like a bunch of assholes.

Yeah, they did assassinate Indira Gandhi :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she had it coming.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

she had it coming.

Yeah our driver from Maharashtra said the same thing.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Mr Interweb posted:

Shitheads exist within all faiths. We didn't stop being human after all. Faith is often transformative. What it transforms you into is another matter.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Jealous Cow posted:

Executive privilege doesn't work that way. It would be an inter-branch communication and Congress would be fully in their rights to let it be known such a request was made and whether the request was approved.

You can only invoke it on stuff like internal memos that are being requested by another branch. It doesn't apply to Comey leaking his own personal memos, natch. (And Petraeus's memos that he leaked were codeword classified, Comey's weren't, while I'm here - seen that talking point too. But yes, Republicans, please keep attacking Comey and demanding he be prosecuted for something.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This whole conversation about Sikhs is creeping me out. TD always talks about how Sikhs are "based" because they hate Muslims.

• Locked thread