Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hegay posted:

This is insane lol

Thats the poster who thinks kroos is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I was about to try and play devil's advocate and defend that post but then I noticed the bit saying they would have picked up more points by running Rashford into the ground instead and I 360'd right outta that idea

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently papers in the UK reporting that Wayne "I've had loads of offers and just have to decide between them" Rooney has in fact zero (0) takers and is going nowhere. He's starting his pre-season training in June in a desperate effort to reach some semblance of fitness in hopes of getting a place in Mourinho's squad next season.

Frankly I'll be livid if he does end up robbing game time from someone with an actual future, like Pereira or Gomes. Just gently caress off already, Rooney.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Does Rooney still start for England? I'd imagine he'd be doing everything possible to get a consistent starting position rather than just making GBS threads it up on the bench.

Speaking of making GBS threads it up, Montolivo is apparently getting thrown out :getin:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gigi Galli posted:

Does Rooney still start for England? I'd imagine he'd be doing everything possible to get a consistent starting position rather than just making GBS threads it up on the bench.

Speaking of making GBS threads it up, Montolivo is apparently getting thrown out :getin:

Rooney wasn't picked in the last squad

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Wayne Rooney is better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Where, though? There's talk that Everton wanted him but balked at his wage demands, so short of China I don't think there's many big paydays available for Rooney. And if he goes to China, I don't think he's starting for England anyway.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bogan Krkic posted:

10 years ago maybe

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's not good enough for Everton.

One of the promoted teams might be able to make use of him, if he's willing to take a huge pay cut.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

10 years ago maybe

Nah

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Jose posted:

Thats the poster who thinks kroos is poo poo

and that said Sissoko was terrible when you were all gushing over him during the Euros.

Van Gaal had Martial and Rashford netting frequently. Mourinho destroyed their confidence and installed a rich man's Peter Crouch. and then played him for full 90s for months on end in two different competitions. THAT's insane.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bogan Krkic posted:

I 360'd right outta that idea

:discourse:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Shrapnig posted:

Arsenal sold him for £5m at the start of last season.

I was sad. He looked good in every start he was given.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Reprisal posted:

and that said Sissoko was terrible when you were all gushing over him during the Euros.

he was msotly good at the euros it was everywhere else he was poo poo. i'd know i watched him regularly

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rooney should just Winston Bogarde the rest of his time at United and retire at the end of it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

wanna see Rooney leave United so I can see the United people go on about how he was never that good anyway

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

Bit unfair comparing him to an injured man

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jason Sextro posted:

wanna see Rooney leave United so I can see the United people go on about how he was never that good anyway

He was really really good until the last Ferguson season, OP.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Reprisal posted:

Van Gaal had Martial and Rashford netting frequently. Mourinho destroyed their confidence and installed a rich man's Peter Crouch. and then played him for full 90s for months on end in two different competitions. THAT's insane.

Really doubling down on the insanity. You trying to push yourself? See how far you can go?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Reprisal posted:

Would you say Rashford is hungry? Do you envision him eating some sort of sandwich?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Lmao

Paperhouse posted:

10 years ago maybe

Even bigger lmao

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Rooney looked totally at home playing against a bunch of retirees during Carrick's testimonial match, the pace and pressure of the match really seemed to suit him.

It still blows my mind that he's younger than Ronaldo

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

blue footed boobie posted:

Would you say Rashford is hungry? Do you envision him eating some sort of sandwich?

Can deffo picture Rooney doing this

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

webmeister posted:

Rooney looked totally at home playing against a bunch of retirees during Carrick's testimonial match, the pace and pressure of the match really seemed to suit him.

It still blows my mind that he's younger than Ronaldo

Let me introduce Charlie Adams

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jason Sextro posted:

He was good, but never quite as good as he had the potential to be. Then towards the end of the Fergie era his years of lovely living started catching up to him and he went downhill fast. These past few seasons he's been downright poo poo.

Fergie had absolutely the right idea when he pretty much told the club to sell Rooney as he was retiring, but I kinda understand why Moyes as a fresh and uncertain manager didn't want to lose the club's biggest star to Chelsea. Still, the ridiculous contract he got from Moyes is why Rooney is now next to impossible to shift despite the fact that he hasn't been United quality (or even Premier League quality) for a while now.

webmeister posted:

The REALLY SAD thing about this is that actual literal retirees looked fitter and better on the pitch than Wayne Rooney who was a couple of weeks out of his most recent competitive match.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 11, 2017

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Wayne Rooney was, and is, the best player in the world.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
It was literally 15 years ago that everyone pointed out that Rooney was an immense talent but a big chubby fat boy who's fitness would mean his career would be wrapping up at 30, and it turns out that yeah that's pretty much exactly how it went.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rooney was exactly as good as he ever had the potential to be for like two seasons. People just thought he could go further because he was an early developer.

No amount of taking care of himself was going to prolong his top level performances past 30. Joining Giggs' yoga class doesn't work when you're balding at 21.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I just saw that Ronaldo joined United before Rooney did, that's not how it was in my my memory at all

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Hoops posted:

I just saw that Ronaldo joined United before Rooney did, that's not how it was in my my memory at all

*Keanu Reeves voice* woah

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
when United had an awesome midfield and Rooney was fit, it was fine that he had no discipline and just ran all over the place, but now that the midfield is whatever, Rio and Vidic are gone, and Rooney's an old, fat piece of poo poo...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't think Rooney is leaving this summer tbh, and it's probably the best call for him personally. The only exception I could see would be if he got a regular playing spot on a decent/good team in a good/great league, like the Premier League or one of the top European leagues. And that doesn't seem very likely.

Going to China doesn't make much sense for Rooney. Thanks to Moyes' financial wizardry he's already one of the top paid footballers in the world. He wouldn't get much of a pay raise (if any) in China, and in exchange for that he'd have to essentially give up on ever playing for England again, uproot his family for a couple of years, live in a strange culture (I don't think Rooney is the type of person to consider this a plus) away from his extended family and play in an awful league.

If he's not going to be getting England call ups anyway, he might as well just ride the bench at United, get paid for very little work and hang around with his family / mates.

I don't think United are getting rid of him without buying out his contract or something. I honestly think he was hedging his bets on getting a good contract from Everton or some other close by club where he could get regular starts and get back into the England picture.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Newcastle have released lil Vurnon Anita and big Sammy Ameobi, leaving us sadly Ameobiless for the first time in 17 years

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Porto's Andre Silva was photographed with Jorge Mendes at Milan's training facility today, apparently it's all done but the announcement, €38m.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Porto's Andre Silva was photographed with Jorge Mendes at Milan's training facility today, apparently it's all done but the announcement, €38m.

Seems a bit weird to see Milan spending money

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

4th signing and its not even mid June. It's great.

Also who is that guy, is he good?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I'm reading that Kalinic is gonna be the 5th signing.

Also both that Gigio will renew or that he wont renew and that PSG will pay 40m for him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're going to die because of the incredibly shady deal the owners made to buy the club

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Simone Poodoin posted:

I'm reading that Kalinic is gonna be the 5th signing.

Also both that Gigio will renew or that he wont renew and that PSG will pay 40m for him

Are your talking about Lovre Kalinic? If so, don't buy him. He's very good and I'd like to keep him at my club tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

Are your talking about Lovre Kalinic? If so, don't buy him. He's very good and I'd like to keep him at my club tia

Nikola Kalinic from Fiorentina. With the Andre Silva deal happening I don't know if that will happen though.

• Locked thread