Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

You can already pretend that your video game opinions have any impact by posting on the Something Awful forums.

I'm an anti-influencer since everyone does the opposite of what I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

It staves off vaporware status for one more year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p51wHlWY1uM

Wow they royally hosed up Maleficent's voice here with a "crotchety old woman" voice instead of a voice more in line with what they used in the Japanese dub of Sleeping Beauty, which knocked it out of the park.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
One of the big reasons Andromeda had such a rough development was that they used Frostbite, which is designed for shooters like Battlefield. Every RPG element had to be stapled onto the engine, it couldn't handle map sizes that Andromeda needed, and it had no way of rendering facial animations. Advent can work within some of these problems by keeping everyone in helmets and making it a FPS, but Destiny already exists and that sounds like adapting a work to the engine instead of finding a different engine. As soon as I saw the Frostbite logo my heart sank, not because of any hope I had for the game but for the people working on it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dragon Age: Inquisition was built in Frostbite and handles RPG mechanics perfectly fine. It looks great at times, even. Montreal's problem wasn't just the engine, it was that they basically had no talent that could handle Frostbite working in their own studio and never recruited for it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinitum posted:

Man I sure hope those The One guys don't do anything super embarrassing like straight up murder some dude, cause that'd really change the tone of career mode.

Worked out okay for NBA 2k16's Livin' Da Dream

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition was built in Frostbite and handles RPG mechanics perfectly fine. It looks great at times, even. Montreal's problem wasn't just the engine, it was that they basically had no talent that could handle Frostbite working in their own studio and never recruited for it.

That may be true but there is also that they needed to hammer assets made for other engines to frostbite,while Anthem could just have assets built ground up for the new engine.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

univbee posted:

Wow they royally hosed up Maleficent's voice here with a "crotchety old woman" voice instead of a voice more in line with what they used in the Japanese dub of Sleeping Beauty, which knocked it out of the park.

They made up for it by teaching James Woods japanese. Makes sense why its been taking so long now.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Bethesda's Evil Within 2 and Micrsoft's Ori and the Blind Forest sequel have been leaked

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't agree with the man's politics at all but it's always a joy to see his work.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Bethesda's Evil Within 2 and Micrsoft's Ori and the Blind Forest sequel have been leaked

Both of these things are cool and good. TEW definitely deserves another shot to flesh out the good ideas from the first one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Micrsoft's Ori and the Blind Forest sequel have been leaked

No no no no, don't phunk with my heart

Link to leak?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/873786390839836673
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/873762828062044160

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ori and the Blind Forest is hands down one of the best games I've ever played, and an absolutely stunning Metroidvania.

This is very very good news that I am legit hyped for

Lets hope it comes to Switch! :suicide:
Timed console exclusive before PC port is fine as well I guess..

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Atari is making something.
https://www.ataribox.com/

This has been confirmed real by a long time AtariAge poster who has seen the device. His only clues so far is that it's not a traditional console and not one of those retro flashback consoles.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
An Ori sequel is quite literally the only thing that would make me bust my Xbox back out

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Dehry posted:

Atari is making something.
https://www.ataribox.com/

This has been confirmed real by a long time AtariAge poster who has seen the device. His only clues so far is that it's not a traditional console and not one of those retro flashback consoles.

The Call of Duty Box?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Dai is a weird mess in terms of game play system. The inventory for instance is inexcusable and its likely thanks to frostbite having none out of the box

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

Dai is a weird mess in terms of game play system. The inventory for instance is inexcusable and its likely thanks to frostbite having none out of the box

No argument about Inquisition's inventory system, it's bad yet it doesn't even manage to stand out from other bad RPG inventories since very few games actually get it right.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Kinda surprised TEW sold well enough to warrant a sequel. If it relies more on traps and stealth and less on tedious hordes of enemies than the first one did, I'm down.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Kinda surprised TEW sold well enough to warrant a sequel. If it relies more on traps and stealth and less on tedious hordes of enemies than the first one did, I'm down.

2014 had no games

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Perhaps that's evidence in favor of the theory that Bethesda has lower sales expectations for non-Fallout, non-ES games and can coast somewhat on the sales of the former.

Alternatively

Real hurthling! posted:

2014 had no games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Nah I want not instant kill traps and stealth and more Resi 4. The good bits of that game we're when it was balls to the wall insane.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's probably a lot cheaper to make survival horror games when they're all low key things rather than yet another tentpole blockbuster Winter COD season (or February gently caress you season) AAA Action RPGFPS with quasi-MMO elements.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Has it been ruled out that the Scorpio will have it's own game libary that normal Xbones can't run?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm assuming that MS isn't that insanely stupid but who knows

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Dorito Pope saying he has it on good authority the Scorpio will be $499.

Lol RIP MS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm assuming that MS isn't that insanely stupid but who knows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

trash person posted:

Lol RIP MS

Gotta justify them 10 megaflop 4k hyperbits somehow!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

trash person posted:

Lol RIP MS

I thought you were kidding but

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/873920094346162176

HAHAH OH WOW

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

In hindsight it was so weird to have an E3 moment where you realized, instantly, which system was going to win a given generation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly that's lower than I was expecting, I thought it'd be another $599 moment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Sony announce a PS4 price drop.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Like, WHY did they want to come out before Sony's conference? They're just setting themselves up for pain!

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

trash person posted:

Lol RIP MS

Holy poo poo, hahaha. What loving dorks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

MS: 'Please buy this $500 version of the console you already didn't want'

As far as a PS4 price drop goes, over here in Ireland a few retailers are already selling the Pro for the same price as the Slim with a game (€350). Don't know if this was an official thing or an attempt to shift old stock to make way for new SKUs or what.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

I hope Sony announce a PS4 price drop.

The Pro is already a $100 less

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
If Scorpio is true 4K, what is fake 4K?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To be fair, the Xbox One launched at the same price.

To be fair, the Playstation 4 launched at $100 cheaper.

• Locked thread