Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Trip report: Raynor is effective but seems boring so I only played one game as him. Rag is a lot of fun! I did his Q build and had a lot of fun exploding fools with his hammer. His D trait seems interesting and versatile, I used it to keep a push going after we took an enemy fort and it was fun.

Then I tried Samuro and that dude is awesome as well. I lost most of my games as him and died a bunch but when I got it working it was fun to sneak up on guys and burst them down. He drops the health of squishies scarily fast. I just need to stop getting greedy when they have teammates nearby and I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Shortest Path posted:

I prefer taking the energy on AA for that tier, because I always take the 25% aspeed talent and keep it on the Valla/Lunara/whatever 100% of the time

An auto attacker on the team that isn't trash? Boy, I don't know

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The boost doesn't do a lot of damage to double anyway. As long as you don't take the quest talent that is hot garbage

Internet says it's 135+4%/level, which is about 5-10% of a dude's health, depending on how fat they are. It's not too bad.

e:

I prefer taking the energy on AA for that tier, because I always take the 25% aspeed talent and keep it on the Valla/Lunara/whatever 100% of the time

Energized Cord only gives you more energy for your own attacks. It's still pretty drat good, though.

VHGS fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 10, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

probius is nervewracking as hell to play, but so satisfying when done right

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I'm enjoying the genji adaptation in hots a good bit. What's the deal with deflect, its only damage reflected correct? So a status effect or stun or whatever takes you out of it. Aoe is reflected as well I guess? I've been taking the 33 percent damage absorbed deflected back and the deflect to all heroes late game and just jumped in punishing moves and press w but it's difficult to sort of parse what's going on exactly. Your deflected damage score skyrockets though I have hit 20k a few times, but it would be nice to gauge it's effectiveness.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I keep randomly losing AA focus on targets. Like I can have my hands off the keyboard/mouse so I cast nothing and click nothing, the target is in the middle of the lane in plain sight. My hero stops chasing and doesn't switch to another nearby target. Just stands still taking no action.

who hacked my game i will kill you're famil

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

flashman posted:

I'm enjoying the genji adaptation in hots a good bit. What's the deal with deflect, its only damage reflected correct? So a status effect or stun or whatever takes you out of it. Aoe is reflected as well I guess? I've been taking the 33 percent damage absorbed deflected back and the deflect to all heroes late game and just jumped in punishing moves and press w but it's difficult to sort of parse what's going on exactly. Your deflected damage score skyrockets though I have hit 20k a few times, but it would be nice to gauge it's effectiveness.

1. It doesn't really reflect, instead it counter-attacks a flat 57 dmg +4% per level for each damage tick you take. So some damage sources like poison or fast AA give you lots of damage sent back (Tracer, Zarya, Lucio, D.Va, other Genjis, Braxis boss & millions of zergs) while it is less useful vs. slow bursty damage (Kael, Leoric, Varian)
2. Correct, status effects aren't reflected. Jump in with D, reflect, then E out usually. If they stun or silence you, you're pretty well boned. Best to do it in the middle of a creep wave that will focus you (so your creep wave can't be there to take away focus) or in the middle of a neutral merc camp, or right after an enemy committed to an attack.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

BrianBoitano posted:

1. It doesn't really reflect, instead it counter-attacks a flat 57 dmg +4% per level for each damage tick you take. So some damage sources like poison or fast AA give you lots of damage sent back (Tracer, Zarya, Lucio, D.Va, other Genjis, Braxis boss & millions of zergs) while it is less useful vs. slow bursty damage (Kael, Leoric, Varian)
2. Correct, status effects aren't reflected. Jump in with D, reflect, then E out usually. If they stun or silence you, you're pretty well boned. Best to do it in the middle of a creep wave that will focus you (so your creep wave can't be there to take away focus) or in the middle of a neutral merc camp, or right after an enemy committed to an attack.

Pop it when Li-Ming casts Disintegrate on you and laugh your way to the bank.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

VHGS posted:

Internet says it's 135+4%/level, which is about 5-10% of a dude's health, depending on how fat they are. It's not too bad.

e:

Energized Cord only gives you more energy for your own attacks. It's still pretty drat good, though.

Right but what I mean is I don't take Empathic Link because I am never putting it on the tank because I take Will of Heaven to make our primary damage better.

Energized Cord is pretty good energy generation for how I play her, which is fairly aggressive I guess. Q talents all the way, I feel like Swift Sweep and Majestic Span are no-brainers, though I'm not sure about the 13 talents.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 10, 2017

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Dehaka is sooo fun but I wish he had more skins. Mecha-Dehaka is okay but everyone uses it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You don't have to twist my arm on this one, Blizzard

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Right but what I mean is I don't take Empathic Link because I am never putting it on the tank because I take Will of Heaven to make our primary damage better.

Energized Cord is pretty good energy generation for how I play her, which is fairly aggressive I guess. Q talents all the way, I feel like Swift Sweep and Majestic Span are no-brainers, though I'm not sure about the 13 talents.

Ah, I see. That's fair. I feel like I could go either way depending on the team, since you can swap the crown to your tank while Valla is repositioning, etc. Energized Cord often feels like the more consistent option, though.

Righteous Assault feels pretty competitive with Swift Sweep to me, especially if the enemy team is going to be bunched up.

13 I think Converging is probably the default choice. Blinding Flash is good if you need blind, but otherwise it looks way overpicked. Repelling Strike seems solid on the maps where you can make use of it.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

BrianBoitano posted:

I knew it was flat damage, but I assume the 16 talent reflects the flat + 33% of the damage itself right?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Got D.va out of a box. I never intended spending gold/gems/whatever on her in the first place, so the however many free loot boxes I get from leveling her in vs AI are a nice consolation prize.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

flashman posted:

I knew it was flat damage, but I assume the 16 talent reflects the flat + 33% of the damage itself right?

Yeah. That's when reflecting a Pyroblast or a D.Va Self Destruct becomes very funny.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Just had a game where our D.Va was disconnected for like half the match and we were down several levels and many forts but somehow no one went on tilt, and the D.Va eventually came back and we won through good plays & cooperation.

I'm writing this post so I can look at it the every time this doesn't happen, and remember that one time it did.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

just had a sweet TL game where we had good communication
act 1: drafted varian + D Va (me), malf to heal, valla for some ranged DPS and poke, we wanted a DPS last. my buddy shows chromie, a character he has at hero level 47. varian's like "uh chromie can't damage the immortal, can you do ming?" i stick up for my buddy's chromie pick and they grudgingly accept it
act 2: our varian goes full twin blades build and i basically have to solo tank as d va
act 3: we loving shithouse them with chromie doing the lion's share of the work. their kaelthas never finishes his level 1 quest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does Genji's reflect send attacks back to players besides the one that hit him? Had a game earlier today where I was just doing my work up top as Murky and everyone else was a the tribute, when suddenly in the kill feed it showed the enemy's Lili killing the enemy's Genji. We had a Genji on our team as well

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

just had a sweet TL game where we had good communication
act 1: drafted varian + D Va (me), malf to heal, valla for some ranged DPS and poke, we wanted a DPS last. my buddy shows chromie, a character he has at hero level 47. varian's like "uh chromie can't damage the immortal, can you do ming?" i stick up for my buddy's chromie pick and they grudgingly accept it
act 2: our varian goes full twin blades build and i basically have to solo tank as d va
act 3: we loving shithouse them with chromie doing the lion's share of the work. their kaelthas never finishes his level 1 quest.

Man, it may not be as much as Li-Ming, but you can definitely poke the immortal decently if you take Bronze Talons. Plus TWP and traps provide a good deal of safety during immortal phases.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

VHGS posted:

Ah, I see. That's fair. I feel like I could go either way depending on the team, since you can swap the crown to your tank while Valla is repositioning, etc. Energized Cord often feels like the more consistent option, though.

Righteous Assault feels pretty competitive with Swift Sweep to me, especially if the enemy team is going to be bunched up.

13 I think Converging is probably the default choice. Blinding Flash is good if you need blind, but otherwise it looks way overpicked. Repelling Strike seems solid on the maps where you can make use of it.

I haven't actually tried converging, though I think it would be mandatory against anyone that can be interrupted by moving them. I usually take Piercing Lash for the disengage and potential for group stuns, though it's probably situational depending on the map and such.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

Does Genji's reflect send attacks back to players besides the one that hit him? Had a game earlier today where I was just doing my work up top as Murky and everyone else was a the tribute, when suddenly in the kill feed it showed the enemy's Lili killing the enemy's Genji. We had a Genji on our team as well

Genji's reflect sends the damage back to the nearest applicable enemy hero iirc, which means if someone hits you and another of their buddies is closer to you than they are it'll hit their friend instead. It doesn't prioritize returning the damage to the person who dealt it as far as I'm aware.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

hell yeah

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

gently caress yeah 5 shards

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's cool they gave you that really good Anub'arak skin to make up for getting the worst version of the Dehaka legendary skins

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So I was playing a quick AI game and something broke with Illidan, can you spot what it is?

I have the Hunt and somehow have his Demon Form, I hunted past the AI Illidan who used Metamorphosis and then I ended up being in Demon Form?????

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Kai Tave posted:

Genji's reflect sends the damage back to the nearest applicable enemy hero iirc, which means if someone hits you and another of their buddies is closer to you than they are it'll hit their friend instead. It doesn't prioritize returning the damage to the person who dealt it as far as I'm aware.

The 20 talent sends it back to all heroes in range though which is really nice

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

flashman posted:

The 20 talent sends it back to all heroes in range though which is really nice

Yeah, absolutely, it can do insane amounts of damage if you dive into the middle of a teamfight when heroics are going off all over the place and suddenly the entire enemy team pops up in the killfeed.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

cool you have enough shards to buy pajamathur

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Heroes who need new skins crazy badly: Dehaka, Greymane, Vikings, Medivh

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Lt. Morales, Zul'jin.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Aren't Vikings like poo poo tier anyway?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sonya

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...

Infinitum posted:

Not at all.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Only for 97% of players

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Infinitum posted:

They require coordination with the rest of their teammates which isn't going to happen unless it's a 5-man premade. Played right they can give a massive lead in experience during the early game while the other 4 people either poke or stall an objective. When everyone is solo queue either one person will get antsy and try to engage or they'll just get caught out and die 4v5 and start raging at the vikings. I've had occasions where I'll do ranked and during draft people will strategize and build a comp around vikings but it's very rare. Plus the fact that they're very hard to play optimally take a ton of micromanaging that isn't present in any other character.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Sonya has already reached perfection in skin selection, sorry

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't like Varian but he has zero interesting skins so maybe he could get one.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Vikings are solidly niche, and super rad at 4 maps or so.

I miss when I could spam them in QM with a 75% winrate :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Give Varian a Garrosh skin/voice and I'm in. Or go cross franchise and make him a Diablo Old Man Barbarian. Or Zealot Fenix or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Went 5-5 in Hero League and got Gold 1, what's the scoop on this?

I came back for 2.0 and I think HL was different in my day? I don't remember anymore but I don't think there were things like Gold and Silver, etc.