Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If there was any doubt before it has now become painfully obvious how they managed to lose their home world. I wonder if the Geth brings home slabs and pieces of biological creatures they've killed and test their weapons on them. And then stitch it all together and rig it up to a lightning rod.

Not only is Shepard stealing poo poo from the Quarians she's selling it to Cerberus. How mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I enjoy that you don't let things like "it's a robot" stop you from shooting everything in the groin.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Groggy nard posted:

I enjoy that you don't let things like "it's a robot" stop you from shooting everything in the groin.
According to Mortal Kombat (which taught me everything I know about life), punching robots in the groin is a highly effective strategy in hand to hand combat. As such, it makes sense that shooting them in that area would also work. :pseudo:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Groggy nard posted:

It's a good thing we never end up fighting Hanar, I don't know what I'd shoot :ohdear:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Also it's too bad you can't have Legion talk with the ones on the ship, apologize profusely and offer to take them home. He actually doesn't say anything about the festivities going on, which is a missed opportunity (though we will kind of hear about it later).

They were probably Heretic Geth, so it wouldn't matter anyway

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Drink every time we see evidence of the Quarians being morons.
Are you trying to drown us?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
In reference to your question about the Geth being AI. The individual geth programs are just VIs that network to get a higher level of intelligence. it isn't until they eat the reaper code in 3 that the individual geth programs become sentient.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
At this point you just start to think "Maybe we should let the Quarians kill themselves" because they sure as poo poo don't seem to want to be saved. It's like the screamapillar from the Simpsons. I wouldn't be surprised if Quarians are also sexually attracted to laser fire and massive explosions.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Quarians are also sexually attracted to laser fire and massive explosions.
Well, tbh I'm pretty sure Shepard is.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

grack posted:

At this point you just start to think "Maybe we should let the Quarians kill themselves" because they sure as poo poo don't seem to want to be saved. It's like the screamapillar from the Simpsons. I wouldn't be surprised if Quarians are also sexually attracted to laser fire and massive explosions.

Not me v:v:v

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
I just assumed that the space suits they spend their entire lives in are itchy to the point it affects their decision making paradigm

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Jxforema posted:

I just assumed that the space suits they spend their entire lives in are itchy to the point it affects their decision making paradigm
Imagine: whole-body jock itch.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

Imagine: whole-body jock itch.

Why would you do this to us?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Forget the itch, think of the smell whenever it comes time to let the suit air out a bit.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

NO
NO NO NO

this conversation is not happening AGAIN

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next update's ingredients:
Gin
St. Germain
Grapefruit juice

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

MA-Horus posted:

NO
NO NO NO

this conversation is not happening AGAIN

it's just a small step away from the smell, you know it's inevitable. Much like the reaper cycle, every 50,000 posts someone asks The Quarian Question

:laugh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
At this point it's sort of like goatse. Still disgusting, but when you run across it instead of screaming and gouging at your eyes, you just sort of go "oh, hello there."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Prolapsed anus my old friend

I've come to :gonk: at you again

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Shepard, you have to hit the keystone to continue the rite!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Going viral

The Drink
Geth My Name
1.5 oz gin
1 oz St. Germain
6 oz grapefruit juice

Two ways to do this drink. Either mix in a shaker with ice and strain into a glass, or serve it on the rocks. It's a lovely hot weather drink.

The Drinking Game
Drink whenever we have a debate about rewrite vs blowing up.

The Episode
Legion's loyalty mission. Since we had to wait so long to pick Legion up you get it almost immediately. We find out why he was on the dead Reaper - to get a data core with Reaper code so they can prevent the heretic Geth from infecting everyone with a virus that would make them worship the Reapers. Considering how much trouble just a small number of Geth caused in ME1, having the entire population hostile would be very bad. Also brainwashing is bad except when we do it.

The heretics are holed up in a space station so we head there to destroy the virus. Except once we get there Legion tells us we can haX0r it to rewrite the heretics into pulling their heads out of their asses. After shooting many robits and debating the merits of free will we decide to ignore free will and rewrite them. This comes up again in ME3, though it doesn't have a huge impact other than war assets. It can cause problems with the final resolution of the Quarian/Geth situation if you don't do other things, making peace impossible between the two and resulting in one of the more :stare: ends to a storyline depending on who you side with.

This officially marks the end of the mid-game and we're on the downhill to the finish line. We'll talk to everyone once before triggering The Event which gets us to the suicide mission. Expect the pace of episodes to pick up, as I'll be going to Europe for 3 weeks in August and want to have this wrapped up by then. Hold on to your liver(s)!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hold on to your liver(s)!

You missed a golden opportunity for a "HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS" joke.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
This was one of, if not the only, moral choice in these games that I actually grappled with. In the end, I decided that self-determination is more important and I blew those bots up. Still, the fact that both choices have valid reasons makes it actually interesting.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Larger version

Explanation of the joke for those who aren't way, WAY too familiar with the I.T. industry (see the "Example symptoms" section).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

You missed a golden opportunity for a "HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS" joke.
Maybe, but the liver(s) joke is lifted from the Bartriarch's terminal when you buy the most expensive hooch.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Tax Refund posted:

Larger version

Explanation of the joke for those who aren't way, WAY too familiar with the I.T. industry (see the "Example symptoms" section).

So my initial coding guess was the entirety of their civilisation depended on floating point errors, but for some reason it has more depth to it than any human should be allowed to comprehend

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients:
Whiskey/whisky (I prefer bourbon - Wild Turkey 101)
7up

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Suicide hotline, please hold

The Drink
Suicide Mission
Whiskey (as much as you can stand)
7Up

In a pint glass, add whiskey over ice. Top off with 7up

The Drinking Game
A two-parter. First, drink everytime Joker says poo poo. Then, drink every time people get thrown around because of poor driving. It's called Suicide Mission for a reason, kids! Mine here has about 4 fingers of bourbon in it.

The Episode
Welp, we're finally here. After mediating a standoff between Legion and Tali we go pres butan and cause all sorts of poo poo to happen. Remember how we did every mission we could before doing the IFF? Well, this is why. Once you have done the IFF, you only get 2 more missions and then EDI announces you should take the stupid shuttle while they bugfix the tech we picked up. We take the shuttle and all hell breaks loose. Collectors board, the crew gets kidnapped, and EDI gets unhooked and is now free to destroy the galaxy if she chooses. In spite of being created by Cerberus, she functions well and is not homicidal. If you haven't done all your missions, you still can but bad things will happen later. How bad depends on how much loving around you do.

Since we have played this game before, we head right through the relay. Our arrival does not go unnoticed and we get shot up some. If you didn't upgrade the shields, oops, Jack dies whether she's loyal or not. Didn't upgrade the shields? Kasumi dies (if you have her - if you don't then it goes Legion, Tali, Thane, Garrus, Zaeed, Grunt). While all this poo poo is going on we have to go down to the basement and deal with a large pest. I equipped the wrong heavy weapon which made this go on quite a bit longer than it should have. After the oculus is taken care of they send the giant turd ship after us. Should you decide not to upgrade the Normandy's weapons then you lose in this order: Thane, Garrus, Zaeed, Grunt, Jack, Samara/Morinth. Finally we crash land on the Collector base itself and ready ourselves to begin the final assault. I didn't mention it in the video, but the soundtrack here is fantastic. Probably the best music in the series.

Who you assign to a job matters. A lot of people thought Thane and Zaeed would be good choices for the first 2 jobs, and ended up severely disappointed. Thane doesn't know fuckall about tech, and while Zaeed is an extreme badass, he's not a leader. The suicide mission is basically one big puzzle of figuring out who to assign to what duties. If anyone is disloyal, it will all go badly. It is possible to end up with no squadmates alive which results in Shepard dying permanently and for good this time and you can't import this particular save into 3 for obvious reasons. Deaths here carry over to 3, so if you poo poo it all up and forgot to do Garrus's loyalty mission there's a very good chance he won't be around in 3. Anyone killed in 2 is replaced by a generic character in 3 if they are plot important.

We make our picks for the first part and get ready to enter the Collector base. We should be able to wrap up the game in 2 more episodes, then there is just DLC left. I may do the DLC's in longer episodes just to get them out the door faster.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
The episode is blocked by copyright people! :(

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Thesaya posted:

Aw, poo poo. Any way to use a proxy?

e: Christ, SME has a huge stick up their rear end, blocked in 243 countries. I'm trying YT's feature to strip out the song. If that works, great. If not then I'll re-render a video with no music, but that will take a few hours.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 9, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Also, I noticed some of the dialogue cutting off, like at the end of this sentence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5rKcHxsmV8&t=1760s I don't remember it happening before but it seems a little frequent in this video.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Thesaya posted:

Go to https://www.proxysite.com/youtube/, paste the LP video address to there, and pick the US1 server, it should work.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

As soon as Miranda put on the idiot hat and pushed everyone into the shuttle and left the ship completely defenseless I could see what was coming light years away.

"Argh! You want me to go crawling through the ducts again."
"I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees."

my dad posted:

Go to https://www.proxysite.com/youtube/, paste the LP video address to there, and pick the US1 server, it should work.
Thank you, that worked great. :)

edit
Oh, the space battle. Remember how in ME1 it was all epic with big fleets and Sovereign just :killdozer: it's way straight through a Turian ship? Now it's just a few floating barrel things in an impossibly cluttered debris field (how does the massive collector ship go through all that at the entrance? If it can just plow through there would be less crap in that area). To add how non-epic it is you even take out one of the things on foot. And then you just watch the big bad collector ship anticlimactically go down in one hit. And naturally all the cinematics are unskippable. Boooring.

Poil fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jul 9, 2017

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
First time I did the suicide mission I sent Mordin into the vents :negative:

I didn't know!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Proxy worked, cheers.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

The Drinking Game
A two-parter. First, drink everytime Joker says poo poo. Then, drink every time people get thrown around because of poor driving. It's called Suicide Mission for a reason, kids! Mine here has about 4 fingers of bourbon in it.

What did we ever do to you?

Also goddamn what a stupid plot point. "Well, we may need to use the shuttle for our next mission, let's put literally every person on the ship that knows how to fire a gun on it and then leave."

zxqv8 posted:

First time I did the suicide mission I sent Mordin into the vents :negative:

I didn't know!

Well, Tali's thighs are too wide to fit in the vent.

grack fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 9, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

We already knew where Samara's boobs were, Jimmy. You didn't need to point them out.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

What did we ever do to you?

Also goddamn what a stupid plot point. "Well, we may need to use the shuttle for our next mission, let's put literally every person on the ship that knows how to fire a gun on it and then leave."

Well, Tali's thighs are too wide to fit in the vent.
Hey I test these games out on myself first. It also occurred to me during editing that EDI knew exactly what was on the IFF and kept quiet so she could get all the competent people off the Normandy so Joker would unshackle her :tinfoil:

grack posted:

We already knew where Samara's boobs were, Jimmy. You didn't need to point them out.

:catstare:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

It's a scripted part of that cutscene so it shows up in every playthrough. Someone went through a lot of trouble for a joke that's on screen for maaaaybe two seconds at the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

grack posted:

And apparently they're both e cups.

• Locked thread