Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Ynglaur posted:

On the bright side, Goons have been asking for supers to be needed for a long time, and at this rate super ratting will be the next carrier ratting, so...

gently caress that, go straight to Titan Mining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

we thought of a couple of things:

he pays for all of my gankers every month, and in turn he just gets all the loot from the poo poo we kill, because I really only care for ganking. We think it might be CCP flagging him for RMT, but i'm not banned so it can't be that.

he was banned for 30 days several months ago, and during that time his accounts ghost trained for like 20+ days, but no one else I know that ghost trained got banned yet, so we don't think it's that either.

we really have no idea

Yeah then that's even more confusing.

Here's a whole AT team boundary violating in their match they were winning to cheer that dude up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWlC-CTDzfY

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Reverand maynard posted:

you probably ganked the same dude twice in a day and got banned for harassment

The person in question hadn't logged in for a month so this is actually pretty spooky :iiam:

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Highsec lmbo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

K-space lmbo

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Catberry posted:

Huh this game has MAGA caps without the text. That's awkward.
link or screenshot

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

they have six gunjack or valkyrie like black box projects running all the time. only 20 people create new assets incl art for eve

If that is true we are back in 2011 and the missing walkin in station feature because the most developers work on wod ....
World of Darkness - the inside story on the death of a game https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/05/world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
For the first time since AT7, Goonswarm Federation have a team in the Alliance Tournament. :toot:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Reverand maynard posted:

link or screenshot

lol the white and red caps they gave us for Christmas

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

For the first time since AT7, Goonswarm Federation have a team in the Alliance Tournament. :toot:

Make us proud team! :911:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

Make us proud team! :911:

don't worry they'll continue the proud Goon tradition of getting knocked out in the first round because we're dead, gay, and irrelevant to the game.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

orange juche posted:

don't worry they'll continue the proud Goon tradition of getting knocked out in the first round because we're dead, gay, and irrelevant to the game.

:same:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Did our entire AT wear the not-MAGA hats?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

orange juche posted:

Abdulaz once linked me the AT7 (AT6?) lossmails and asked me what was wrong. It took me a minute to realize that Thotol had fit fireworks launchers to his logi cruiser to whore on mails :wtc:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Abdulaz once linked me the AT7 (AT6?) lossmails and asked me what was wrong. It took me a minute to realize that Thotol had fit fireworks launchers to his logi cruiser to whore on mails :wtc:

I miss Thotol :smith:

Idk if he plays anymore but I don't miss him enough to come back to EVE, because I am not spergy enough to find ways to grind out 1.5 billion isks per month just to pay a sub, and the game isn't worth 15 bucks a month to me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Here's the match that secured the spot from yesterday's tournament stream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccg2ndyPwEQ

Was a good match.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

orange juche posted:

I miss Thotol :smith:

Idk if he plays anymore but I don't miss him enough to come back to EVE, because I am not spergy enough to find ways to grind out 1.5 billion isks per month just to pay a sub, and the game isn't worth 15 bucks a month to me.

Real talk, and my advice for anyone that can find meaning in space work and absolutely will not grid pve for isk, find a space job that will subsidize your cost of playing but that you also enjoy and then never worry about making isk again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Real talk, and my advice for anyone that can find meaning in space work and absolutely will not grid pve for isk, find a space job that will subsidize your cost of playing but that you also enjoy and then never worry about making isk again.

or just get a couple of skill injector farming accounts to cover your sub

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

or just get a couple of skill injector farming accounts to cover your sub

:effort:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the last couple of months the profits from extracting have been going down, i wonder why?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xjEKwHINEG-8ydpfUAJ80jDXzq4NpWlrTswAe26hHVE/edit#gid=0

you'd need 7 accounts with +5s implants to cover your one account's sub

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the last couple of months the profits from extracting have been going down, i wonder why?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xjEKwHINEG-8ydpfUAJ80jDXzq4NpWlrTswAe26hHVE/edit#gid=0

you'd need 7 accounts with +5s implants to cover your one account's sub

This is actually kind of scary. According to this extractors have gone up ~80-100m. I wonder if that's because not enough people are buying them with realbux, or if people are just happy to suck pointless poo poo they don't use out of their heads for a quick buck.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
it's probably the people who got tens of billions of free sp and are extracting them now

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

orange juche posted:

AT is double-elimination so if we get poo poo on in the first round proper we could still pull ourselves out through the hell bracket.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Here's the match that secured the spot from yesterday's tournament stream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccg2ndyPwEQ

Was a good match.

The maxed out drone skill and ratting experience really put us over the top, I´m hoping for smartbombing machariels in the next round :D

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
With the coming mining nerfs and fighter nerfs, I've been looking into shifting my rorqual over to a ratting ship,

10% per level drone damage, Indy core 2 doubles drone damage and 30% velocity, DDA's and you can still utilize your drone speed rigs without destroying your mining yield ones.

The rough math I've seen is about the same as Heavy drone ratting in a carrier from 2014, I've not had the time to test it thoroughly yet as I am squeezing every last drop out of my carrier while I can.

Is this the brave and bold new direction for rorquals now that fighters are getting poo poo on? can we go back to afk ratting in capital ships?

Or is this a more expensive than a VNI option for about the same time and ticks :shrug:

Worlds Smuggest fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 12, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

dragonshardz posted:

AT is double-elimination so if we get poo poo on in the first round proper we could still pull ourselves out through the hell bracket.

I mean, yeah- if you forget about those try hard teams that lose intentionally before a tough match to preserve their god comp secret so they can dominate bad players with the same setup straight to the finals, yeah- never stop believing though.

Part of me wants Goons to win just so I can witness the sheer autistic rage r/eve would throw for at least 2 weeks. The other part of me knows it will never happen, and you should have held on to that 'oh lord, that stupid, irrelevant attempt at making EVE into an eSport? Yeah, we want nothing to do with that' card.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jun 12, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Worlds Smuggest posted:

With the coming mining nerfs and fighter nerfs, I've been looking into shifting my rorqual over to a ratting ship,

10% per level drone damage, Indy core 2 doubles drone damage and 30% velocity, DDA's and you can still utilize your drone speed rigs without destroying your mining yield ones.

The rough math I've seen is about the same as Heavy drone ratting in a carrier from 2014, I've not had the time to test it thoroughly yet as I am squeezing every last drop out of my carrier while I can.

Is this the brave and bold new direction for rorquals now that fighters are getting poo poo on? can we go back to afk ratting in capital ships?

Or is this a more expensive than a VNI option for about the same time and ticks :shrug:

no

the moment you siege in an anom, the rats decide that your heavy drones are worse than a hypothetical offspring between hitler and cruella de vil and target them exclusively

this is because your mass is multiplied by 10, and rats prefer targets close to their own mass to shoot, meaning that the heavy drones are way closer to their mass than you are in that moment

fits with remote reps don't work either -- large remote reps only have a 40km range, and you can't fit 5 capital remote reps to even a naked hull without going over on grid

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Accurate

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

Mylp

Sad about Jason tbh. But i'm kinda winning eve right now, so there's that.

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016
Also two of my accounts that have run out of sub are still training. Thanks ccp.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no

the moment you siege in an anom, the rats decide that your heavy drones are worse than a hypothetical offspring between hitler and cruella de vil and target them exclusively

this is because your mass is multiplied by 10, and rats prefer targets close to their own mass to shoot, meaning that the heavy drones are way closer to their mass than you are in that moment

fits with remote reps don't work either -- large remote reps only have a 40km range, and you can't fit 5 capital remote reps to even a naked hull without going over on grid

This is cool to know, thanks :unsmith:

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Worlds Smuggest posted:

This is cool to know, thanks :unsmith:
Hm I wonder how a dual Gecko setup would work sieged since you could definitely run a pair of capital reps (and they have stupid range at that point, like 100k+).

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Why doesn't anyone ever take the time to put their citadels in the clearly superior place: over a pole of a planet.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

DisgracelandUSA posted:

in reality: find a space job when you no longer "need" to grind more isk. but then it almost equals space retirement :catholic:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

peak debt posted:

Why doesn't anyone ever take the time to put their citadels in the clearly superior place: over a pole of a planet.

holesquad on that real poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fix Lag posted:

holesquad on that real poo poo

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

peak debt posted:

We already had an established structure grid, so that's where it went.

Also :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
CCP lessened the carrier nerfs. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=521682

What:
Light Fighters (Space Superiority): No Change
Light Fighters (Attack): 10% reduction to Basic Attack and Heavy Rocket Salvo damage (was 20%)
Support Fighters: No Change
Heavy Fighters (Heavy Attack): No Change (was 10% reduction to Basic Attack and Torpedo Salvo damage)
Heavy Fighters (Long Range Attack): 20% reduction to Basic Attack damage (was 30%)
Heavy Fighters (Shadow): No Change
NPC Fighter Aggression: No Change (was +15%)
We are working on changes to Anomalies that will reduce the effectiveness of Carriers and Supercarriers. These changes will be announced at a later date.

He also gave some data.

• Locked thread