Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

"we're gonna make this game where everyone works together on a starship, it'll be great"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I just finished a year teaching a class of emotionally challenged kids. It was impossible to have any activity in that class that required full participation from all students or even just everyone who joined the activity. Everything we did had to be such that people could drop out at any time, or act like an rear end in a top hat and everyone who wanted to play right could just go on without worrying about it.

These kids like playing online games. And that is why MOBAs suck.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Das Butterbrot posted:

boi and gungeon are not bullethells.

quote:

Enter the Gungeon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gungeon)
Genre(s) Bullet hell, roguelike

Enter the Gungeon is a bullet hell roguelike video game developed by Dodge Roll and published by Devolver Digital.

Steam posted:

Enter the Gungeon is a bullet hell dungeon crawler following a band of misfits seeking to shoot, loot, dodge roll and table-flip their way to personal absolution by reaching the legendary Gungeon’s ultimate treasure: the gun that can kill the past.
User reviews:
RECENT: Very Positive (547 reviews)
OVERALL: Very Positive (9,823 reviews)
Release Date: Apr 5, 2016
Popular user-defined tags for this product:
Bullet Hell Pixel Graphics Rogue-like Difficult +

And binding of isaac sure isn't because it's a glorified single button game that's labelled "WIN" and it gives a reward response every time you press it.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 11, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL "MOBA players are emotionally damaged children" is not exactly cutting against the grain there, dawg.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL "MOBA players are emotionally damaged children" is not exactly cutting against the grain there, dawg.

Excuse me I'm an adult and I play mobas

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Bust Rodd posted:

It's more that MOBA design makes them susceptible to the tantrums of emotionally damaged children. It only takes a few.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jim Barris posted:

The original PlayStation controller didn't have analog sticks, though?

The first DualShock controllers were released in 1997, so that was only true for the first three years.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
risk of rain does everything binding of Isaac does but better and it's a much more interesting game and premise with a way better art direction

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VideoTapir posted:

It's more that MOBA design makes them susceptible to the tantrums of emotionally damaged children. It only takes a few.

I dunno what about this makes it happen because they're games that heavily reward teamwork and strongly dissuade you from doing dumb risky poo poo yet they do it and get mad at their team? It's only a moba thing

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

nigga crab pollock posted:

I dunno what about this makes it happen because they're games that heavily reward teamwork and strongly dissuade you from doing dumb risky poo poo yet they do it and get mad at their team? It's only a moba thing

A lot of people assume teamwork means "Support the MVP, in this case me."

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I can go off by myself and camp a choke point and rack up mad kills without minding any objectives in *insert fps here* and my team can still win.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tallgeese posted:

A lot of people assume teamwork means "Support the MVP, in this case me."

i played a fair amount of league of legends which is shameful i guess but i havent really touched it in years. the thing that gets me the most about that game is that there are plenty of people who go on and on about how awesome they are and how they're ranked and better than you at the game because of it but betray their lack of understanding the game mechanics besides the build order for the "OP" flavor of the month heroes they read on the internet.

like i dont give a poo poo about elo rankings, but i played with people who were like platinum and low diamond and i can say im not completely terrible at the game but lol at the guy with a low silver ranking telling me i suck at the game because i play "garbage heroes" like teemo

see also: hanzo players

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
haha wow your heroes only have a 48% win rate in ranked, whereas my heroes have a 55% win rate in ranked :smug:

*plays 30 games in a row buying the exact same items on the exact same hero* gently caress this gay matchmaking, im stuck in elo hell

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
LoL became peak toxic when they turned all the support characters into walking dick-suckers

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I just want to take another moment to enjoy the magic that is four people sitting around a Star Trek starship briefing table screaming at each other about who could win in a fight rather than playing the game. The fact that you can see the arm gestures really makes it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpiritFox posted:

I just want to take another moment to enjoy the magic that is four people sitting around a Star Trek starship briefing table screaming at each other about who could win in a fight rather than playing the game. The fact that you can see the arm gestures really makes it.

holy poo poo when he starts saying "look at the hands bro" its just too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJw7IufBodE&t=66s

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I liked the assassins creed movie

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Red Dead Redemption is really dull. Just watch Unforgiven.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Dennis System posted:

Red Dead Redemption is really dull. Just watch Unforgiven.
I think I'll pass on both.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

haha holy poo poo why did I not click on this it's loving art

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

lmao.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Devolver's E3 presser is probably the best thing to come out of that shitshow ever. Plenty of blood and guts as there should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

quote:

this, right here, is why America needs a cleansing

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

haha holy poo poo why did I not click on this it's loving art

Who wants to bet that inVINCEable77 was born in 1977?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

Who wants to bet that inVINCEable77 was born in 1977?

who wants to bet that his name is Vince?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

a bone to pick posted:

who wants to bet that his name is Vince?

That dude is fuckin' 40 lol.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm fairly certain that at 12:48 he is doing a jerkoff on himself

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

a bone to pick posted:

holy poo poo when he starts saying "look at the hands bro" its just too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJw7IufBodE&t=66s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYTv4zlFHDE

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lodin posted:

Devolver's E3 presser is probably the best thing to come out of that shitshow ever. Plenty of blood and guts as there should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI

while video games may or may not be art, this proves that video game press conferences are definitely art

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i played a fair amount of league of legends which is shameful i guess but i havent really touched it in years. the thing that gets me the most about that game is that there are plenty of people who go on and on about how awesome they are and how they're ranked and better than you at the game because of it but betray their lack of understanding the game mechanics besides the build order for the "OP" flavor of the month heroes they read on the internet.

like i dont give a poo poo about elo rankings, but i played with people who were like platinum and low diamond and i can say im not completely terrible at the game but lol at the guy with a low silver ranking telling me i suck at the game because i play "garbage heroes" like teemo

see also: hanzo players

There's three kinds of people who make mobas lovely. there are the egoist tryhards. who resent the fact they're so unpleasant nobody will tolerate playing with them on purpose, and must play with randoms or not at all. This is the guy critiquing unit picks like a shithead and being an rear end in a top hat when people do the wrong thing or don't match his personal metrics for excellence or w/e. These are the ones who have huge raving meltdowns that show up on youtube or in the SA dota threads sometimes.

There's the guy who is very nearly unaware that these are team-based games, the ones who pick solo mid and are unresponsive for the full 50 mins. They just suck to work around, because you have to work around them, or lose slowly while the stoned solo mid savant drags a game out because he can't or won't respond to anyone.

Everyone hates losing, but there are people who REALLY hate losing. Where a normal person, might go play a different game if he's not having fun anymore, or do something else entirely, they're the ones who blame everyone but themselves when things go bad or the loss stacks up to inevitable.

I quit playing dota because my friends quit playing, and those people, plus the 50+ minute game times really put me off. Even when I really love a game i like to be able to tab out for a piss or a drink and you don't get to do that in a moba and it loving sucks

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

MOBAs (and maybe competitive team-focused games in general) should take a cue from sports and add a "time out" functionality. At any point in the game (possibly except for the first and last 5 minutes) you can toggle an option to take a break. If every member on a whole team toggles this option, the game pauses for 5 minutes. Each team gets one per game.

Just an idea

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

People would abuse this, e.g. losing teams using all their breaks in a row at the end of a match they're seconds from losing just to grief the other team(s)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

beep by grandpa posted:

People would abuse this, e.g. losing teams using all their breaks in a row at the end of a match they're seconds from losing just to grief the other team(s)

"all their breaks" being the one single one they have as a team?

nah, i think it's a good idea, it's not like there aren't already ways for losers to be baby bitches

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's a terrible idea

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dota' pause is a feature instantly reversed in a random match and is (or was) literally used tactically to gently caress up the play of the other team.

Im sure poo poo changed but the problem is the game sucks with people you dont know. On a sports team you dont have to like the other players, but knowing them is important to actually playing the game. So i straight up think this team based sport-like game substance where a majority of matches are randomly selected and forgotten at games end is a fundamental flaw tbh

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The stereotypes about people who call themselves gamers are all true. Don't invite them to parties, or engage them at all.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

When selected at semi random starting around mid level mmr you will start thinking it.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

basic hitler posted:

Dota' pause is a feature instantly reversed in a random match and is (or was) literally used tactically to gently caress up the play of the other team.

Im sure poo poo changed but the problem is the game sucks with people you dont know. On a sports team you dont have to like the other players, but knowing them is important to actually playing the game. So i straight up think this team based sport-like game substance where a majority of matches are randomly selected and forgotten at games end is a fundamental flaw tbh

Tbh you can work as a team in Dota if people actually bother to communicate with voice chat. I arm-chair commanded my way to winning like 27 out of 30 games at a pretty high level through a combination of playing extremely well+communication. The worst is when literally no one talks so you just have 5 players running around doing gently caress all and not understanding what to do with their team composition.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dota is stupid garbage and anyone who brags about "Commanding a win" should be sterilized along with anyone who has ever played league of legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

He's actually not wrong sometimes you can find yourself playing dota like an rts where your units have true autonomy and its not fun