Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mashed_penguin posted:

It also has giant robot balls.

I'm a VFX nerd that just finished on trans 5. Some goon asked me if working on transformers 4 made me feel worthless as a human being so I look forward to your reactions.

What's the robot face removal to human annoyance ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What's the robot face removal to human annoyance ratio.

I did this shot that was in one of the trailers so at least 6 to something.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Tell me you've read the goon conspiracy theory that transformers the film franchise is an increasingly desperate plea for the audience to realize Optimus Prime is, in fact, a fascist villain who will do anything up to and including genocide to hold on to po — 

Hang on that's the plot of this movie isn't it.

e: holy poo poo did you actually make him remove ALL their faces?

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

General Battuta posted:

e: holy poo poo did you actually make him remove ALL their faces?

Prime does not mess around. If you look closely three of them have their jaws shattered and the other three are decapitated intact.

mashed fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 10, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

mashed_penguin posted:

Prime does not mess around. If you look closely three of them have their jaws shattered and the other three are decapitated intact.

This is the kind of attention to detail I watch these films for.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

So does Cybertron literally try to have sex with Earth is this movie or what

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I feel like if continent sized pieces of a broken planet were dragged across the surface of the earth that would straight up be an extinction level event for humanity so I don't understand how there's any way for the species to survive what we've seen in the trailers

like I know these movies and the franchise as a whole is pretty loving far from hard sci fi but this is like that massive alien ship in ID42 (among other things), it somehow shatters my disbelief in a way none of the other nutty poo poo does

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Transformers had building size robots transform into tape players. Don't think about it too hard.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Let's not forget literal cities that could transform into larger robots.

It's...it's not exactly built on solid science.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

To be fair, TF1 tried to do away with giant robots turning into tiny objects. It kind of grounded Transformers as best it could.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

mashed_penguin posted:

It also has giant robot balls.

I'm a VFX nerd that just finished on trans 5. Some goon asked me if working on transformers 4 made me feel worthless as a human being so I look forward to your reactions.

This fucker refused to tell me what WWII Bumblebee turned into exactly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arquinsiel posted:

This fucker refused to tell me what WWII Bumblebee turned into exactly.

I would also like to know, in addition to whether it is intentional that the trunk where an Allied soldier was ejected from transformed into Bumblebee's taint.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So the Transformers that arrived in TF1 were already here?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Optimus and some Autobots were shown arriving and taking their first forms. Bumblebee, Megatron, and other Decepticons were already here.

Of course that doesn't mean anything and for all we know Optimus hosed off to Mars for a while before returning.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
This franchise's approach to continuity is quite Transformative, be pretty interesting to see if this movie follows up on its trailers and tries to explain why the god cube and the sun harvesting machine that caused a civil war and the moon spaceship all ended up here.

Tighclops posted:

I feel like if continent sized pieces of a broken planet were dragged across the surface of the earth that would straight up be an extinction level event for humanity so I don't understand how there's any way for the species to survive what we've seen in the trailers

like I know these movies and the franchise as a whole is pretty loving far from hard sci fi but this is like that massive alien ship in ID42 (among other things), it somehow shatters my disbelief in a way none of the other nutty poo poo does

Maybe it's mating with Earth

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fandango states that the running time is 2 hours 28 minutes.

http://www.fandango.com/transformers:thelastknight_196457/movieoverview

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Let's not forget literal cities that could transform into larger robots.

It's...it's not exactly built on solid science.

I still like this Fall of Cybertron trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZazWABl0A8

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 11, 2017

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
True to character, Prime holds off a superweapon that will change the fight until he is personally in danger.

God, he's such a dickbag.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

Fandango states that the running time is 2 hours 28 minutes.

http://www.fandango.com/transformers:thelastknight_196457/movieoverview

I still like this Fall of Cybertron trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZazWABl0A8

The scale of Metroplex in that was just perfect.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

General Battuta posted:

This franchise's approach to continuity is quite Transformative, be pretty interesting to see if this movie follows up on its trailers and tries to explain why the god cube and the sun harvesting machine that caused a civil war and the moon spaceship all ended up here.

Earth is and always has been Cybertron.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
‪Wait is Transformers: Last Nite a callback to Sam's Strokes shirt in the first movie?‬

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
I hope the Witckickys are in the new one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe the younger versions of them will be in the Bumblebee movie, coming 2018 and apparently confirmed to star Hailee Steinfeld, thus further proving that Michael Bay (likely producing) like actors from Coen Bros. movies.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ffc34a18e9906e4

Meanwhile, here is what Anthony Hopkins has to say in The Daily Mail.

quote:

‘You’re not going to ask me to explain the plot are you?’ he says. ‘Because it’s so very complicated and there’s the whole mythology of four previous films that come into play. I have to admit, I don’t quite get all of it.

‘All I know is I play a highly educated, eccentric English lord. I had a terrific time making it. Mark Wahlberg was wonderful to work with, the locations were excellent [Northumberland, Norway, Arizona, the Isle of Skye and Stonehenge] and I showed up, put my costume on, said my lines and stayed out of trouble. That’s all I ever do. It beats working for a living.’

Hopkins is always at pains to destroy any smug ‘luvviness’ about the acting world. He loathes the painful intensity of the method actors, who insist on staying in character throughout filming (‘what a pain in the rear end’) and repeats several times that ‘the greatest difficulty in this business is the sense of entitlement some people have just because of what they do’.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 12, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anthony Hopkins owns.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anthony Hopkins owns.

This is a correct assessment.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Anthony Hopkowns

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shannon and hopkins both confirming my preconception that the best actors are the ones who don't consider it a High Art the dignity of which must be preserved. Acting is and should be a vulgar pursuit

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All I now want is a BTS recap of the series by Anthony Hopkins without anyone trying to explain the series to him beforehand.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My review of Transformers : Dark of the Moon: Starscream is the dopest of all the robots and killing him was stupid. Still a a rad movie.

Onto Age of Extinction !

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Killing Starscream is always a good move.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Killing Starscream is always a good move.

Why? That fucker turns into a goddamn fighter jet and shoots hellfire missles :rock:

:rip: Starscream

:smith:

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Looking forward to Megatron kicking some serious autobot rear end in The Last Knight.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

RedSpider posted:

Looking forward to Megatron kicking some serious autobot rear end in The Last Knight.

I hope he kills some "humans that don't deserve to live"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

‘You’re not going to ask me to explain the plot are you?’ he says. ‘Because it’s so very complicated and there’s the whole mythology of four previous films that come into play. I have to admit, I don’t quite get all of it."

This is a ringing endorsement, as far as I'm concerned.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Super Fan posted:

Why? That fucker turns into a goddamn fighter jet and shoots hellfire missles :rock:

:rip: Starscream

:smith:

The Bumblebee movie will be set in the 1980s, so they might bring back Starcream, Soundwave and others in more nostalgia-baiting forms.

Since the movie is being directed by Travis Knight, maybe Laika will make the Cybertron-set animated prequel. Also there will be a lot of Transformers Nike shoes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

These promo pictures are particularly funny to me.

See, a few years ago, there was a controversy in Australian schools about a history exam with a source analysis question that was basically the predecessor of this.

It was a question about Storming the Winter Palace by Nikolai Kochergin. However, the image had been sourced by someone who just grabbed it off the net without properly checking it, and so the image had a massive Battletech mech stomping around in the background.

Paramount UK is doing this themselves in an actual art gallery. The highlight is the teacher desperately trying to rationalize this.

https://twitter.com/ParamountUK/status/873902662210600961

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Paramount UK is doing this themselves in an actual art gallery. The highlight is the teacher desperately trying to rationalize this.

https://twitter.com/ParamountUK/status/873902662210600961

This is amazing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Would've been better if they did it to more than one painting.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Maybe, but it's less suspicious when it's just one.

I love the lady who tries to explain it away as a wreck.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

So, there's a new promo focused on Prime on Facebook.

There's a shot where the Creator-woman-thing just flat-out open-hand slaps him across the face. And Prime says: "I fight for my own kind now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6bGVunnEMk

So it premiered in China yesterday. :allears: