Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Slime posted:

That's a nice safe starter car.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Slime posted:

what if its taking land from a poor person in the south would you approve then

Need more details.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Need more details.
The land is set ablaze before the property is transfered to the government.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And that land was Albert Einstein.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

The land is set ablaze before the property is transfered to the government.

:drat:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jastiger posted:

In principle its wrong to take someones land. On the other hand, gently caress the rich forever snd always. Im on her side.

"Yes, the oil company deserves that land more than the endangered species on the wildlife refuge that's currently there." - Jastiger

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Besesoth posted:

"Yes, the oil company deserves that land more than the endangered species on the wildlife refuge that's currently there." - Jastiger

"The wild Olympics can kiss my axe" - a bumper sticker I saw yesterday

e: the Olympics in this case being the Olympic national forest and park, located here on the Olympic peninsula. Not the Olympic Games.

Ziv Zulander has a new favorite as of 22:02 on Jun 11, 2017

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Yeah frankly I don't give a poo poo if a guy succeeded in being too rich to get hosed over. Schadenfreude would be if his money completely failed to distinguish him from the tons of people who aren't so lucky every day. Lol if you went YAYYYY GOOD FOR HIM

There are lots of instances of people being too rich to go to jail, too rich to face consequences while everyone poorer than them eats poo poo and dies, but they're not posted here because most of us don't feel sympathy for people like that.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cobweb Heart posted:

Yeah frankly I don't give a poo poo if a guy succeeded in being too rich to get hosed over. Schadenfreude would be if his money completely failed to distinguish him from the tons of people who aren't so lucky every day. Lol if you went YAYYYY GOOD FOR HIM

No, I went "Good, gently caress the government" because taking people's land for a pisswater sum is awful. They've been building a hilariously inept rail system here for like twenty years now, constantly hiking taxes to pay for, spending billions on it even though no one really cares or wants it anymore because it looks like poo poo and just keeps costing everyone more money. Now they've started to just take people's land so they can keep building it. Except whoops, they misplanned so now they took your land for no reason, and have to take someone else's land! No you're not getting the land your family had for generations back either.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
in most cases I would in fact be on the side against the rich guy using his heaps of cash to gently caress with the public good

however I do not believe using eminent domain to seize a bunch of people's land specifically for the purpose of building an oil pipeline counts as the public good, so gently caress the government go rich guy this one time

edit: wait, IS this an oil pipeline? if it's a water pipeline then gently caress the rich guy

edit 2: yeah no IT IS NOT AN OIL PIPELINE, it's a WATER pipeline, it actually is something that's meant to benefit People As A Whole, so yeah, no, gently caress this guy. Water-use politics is complicated, DFW doesn't have enough water to sustain its current growth and the way they're "solving" it by sucking the water out of other communities is especially complicated, but the fact of the matter is that the city needs to have water piped in and this guy's obstructionism is stopping other people from having enough water. It would be admirable if his obstructionism were stopping some other guys from getting richer off oil money but this is different and he's being an rear end and defending himself by saying it's so other rich people don't lose their lakefront vacation properties lmao

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Jun 11, 2017

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
SHREWD EVERYMAN SHOWS THE CITY WHAT FOR!

quote:

There must have been some serious celebration that night, because the very next morning, Donnelly, wearing only his underwear, barged into a woman’s Bronx, N.Y., home and punched her up to 20 times. He then drank milk from her refrigerator and ran off, according to police.

Donnelly’s lawyer argued the cop was sleepwalking and suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. He pleaded guilty to the assault charge in March.

Donnelly apparently avoided jail time because the 33-year-old victim told prosecutors he needed rehab, not jail … which is probably true of a lot of people currently locked up.

Huzzah! Another hero beats the system. The Man can't get any bullshit to stick on this smooth operator. An inspiration to us all! Sure, I don't like nude cops beating and robbing people... but gently caress PRIVATE PRISONS. Go man go!!!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Besesoth posted:

Those endangered species will become future oil! It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Uh, if that pipe isn't routed through the rich dude's land because he's rich enough to fight, it's going to be routed through a not-rich person's land, because they are not rich enough to fight.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Sorry if you recognize any of these, but this is not a productive area of discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHhSJrgCXNs

this video has a lot of REALLY retarded bits in it, but there are some good clips i haven't noticed posted; at 2:10 a lady foils a really blatant auto theft at a gas station by climbing onto her own car and later dragging the thief out of it bodily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZYxJQlg2ac

edit: vv You know what, you're right, it was wrong of me to be a dumb dick to you just because you had the temerity to do research. Burn revoked. vv

Cobweb Heart has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Jun 11, 2017

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
oh sure, single out the one guy who did actually bother to do research, not the ones still talking about it as an oil line. schad on me guess :rolleyes:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/874019528925171712

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Besesoth posted:

Who said anything about oil lol.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Imagine back in the 80s and 90s, what the future would hold. None of us would have expected this. The fact that Back to the Future II predicted Trump seems so quaint now.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Why is that dude at the end there saying ''Get this nazi bastard out of here?''

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ravenkult posted:

Why is that dude at the end there saying ''Get this nazi bastard out of here?''

Because Oathkeepers are more like old confederate dudes than literal Nazis. Know your white supremacists.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"What about the memes? These are good memes!"

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Stoatbringer posted:

"What about the memes? These are good memes!"

when he said that, i thought it seemed like he was doing a fantastic piece of performance art

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

This video was taken at a protest to protect the Sam Houston monument in Texas because of "rumors" that antifas were gonna take it down (none of them showed up). The best part of it was that many of the idiots there were draped in Confederate flags, the very same flag that Sam Houston vehemently refused to swear allegiance to.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337328-armed-protesters-carrying-confederate-flags-defend-sam-houston

Metroid Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Jun 12, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Knowledge of history? In *my* nazis? Nahh, that's asking too much.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
why are there guns at a protest???????????????

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

why are there guns at a protest???????????????- the British in 1774

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

They're the Oathkeepers, white terrorists defenders of freedom.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it should be hella illegal to parade around your guns. I mean keep them, by all means, but do you really need a rifle to protest a lawset that doesn't even exist in your country??

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
texas

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Because Oathkeepers are more like old confederate dudes than literal Nazis. Know your white supremacists.

Yeah Confederates hate the poo poo out of nazis, I think there was a big fight at one of the New Orleans confederate statue protests between nazis and rebel flag holders

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AlmightyBob posted:

Yeah Confederates hate the poo poo out of nazis, I think there was a big fight at one of the New Orleans confederate statue protests between nazis and rebel flag holders

I hope they both somehow lost.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Petit Gregory posted:

This video was taken at a protest to protect the Sam Houston monument in Texas because of "rumors" that antifas were gonna take it down (none of them showed up). The best part of it was that many of the idiots there were draped in Confederate flags, the very same flag that Sam Houston vehemently refused to swear allegiance to.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337328-armed-protesters-carrying-confederate-flags-defend-sam-houston

See also: anyone flying the Confederate flag in West Virginia.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

I hope they both somehow lost.

they publicly identified themselves as nazis/confederates, they both lost.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

they publicly identified themselves as nazis/confederates, they both lost.

This is why Trump won.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:cop: "What's this argument all about?"
:downs: "We're fighting over who hates Nazis more!"
:cop: "Oh... well then go ahead."
:saddowns: "YOU hate them more!"
:saddowns: "No YOU do!"
:saddowns: "No YOU do!"

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The plot thickens.

The so-called "rumors" of Antifa gathering to remove the Sam Houston monument were made up by alt-right trolls posing as Texas Antifa. The plan was for real Antifa to show up to a fake protest but they caught on and called the alt-right trolls out on the their bullshit. The Oathkeepers didn't.

The Oathkeepers got trolled by the alt-right.

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/houston-media-pranked-by-alt-right-facebook-trolls-9488700

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon posted:

This is why Trump won.

because a canadian thinks if you out yourself as a racist you lose?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

AlmightyBob posted:

Well, I mean, the CSA would've necessarily attached itself to Britain's rear end like a remora, so they'd have been in the Allies for the World Wars

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Because everyone brandishing tools used to kill things makes the world SAFER! You MORAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Get a BRIAN!!!!!!