Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the only characters i have fully upgraded the record spheres of are alphinaud, cid raines, and orlandeau, and of those only raines currently has access to legend materia. is it worth spending the freebie motes working on raines or should i wait for one of the other two to show up considering i play this game at a glacial pace and am unlikely to do anything that nets me 5* motes any time soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

private message posted:

Are there any Android emulators that I can use to play MP? If I play on my phone 9/10 games result in "Connection Lost" as soon as the level loads. I'm using MEmu for single player but it doesn't work for MP.

Nox works fine but sometimes hangs up when the mp battle ends.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

the only characters i have fully upgraded the record spheres of are alphinaud, cid raines, and orlandeau, and of those only raines currently has access to legend materia. is it worth spending the freebie motes working on raines or should i wait for one of the other two to show up considering i play this game at a glacial pace and am unlikely to do anything that nets me 5* motes any time soon
Raines has a fairly strong LM kit to unlock- +10% BLK damage (Raines can cap MAG easily so bonuses to damage are always nice) and 35% chance to dualcast Dark and/or Holy damage abilities (you know, like his BSB commands - which are also BLK).
His LMR isn't too awful (+30% self-cast buff duration), but realistically it's only really going to help him keep his BSB CMD2 buff up longer before reapplying.

I don't believe Alphinaud and Orlandeau have legend spheres as of yet in JP, but there is a Stormblood promotional coming up so it's possible Alphinaud will get something for that.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Nox works fine but sometimes hangs up when the mp battle ends.

For what it's worth generally people around here steer others away from nox because it "phones home" quite a bit.

I switched to ko player and like it a lot.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Going back and doing old nightmare dungeons I never got around to. Dervish was so easy I thought it was the first form and there was more, then I got cocky and Omega Drive destroyed me. It does so much damage!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The first time I did Dervish, I honestly thought they forgot to put the boss in.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Going back and doing old nightmare dungeons I never got around to. Dervish was so easy I thought it was the first form and there was more, then I got cocky and Omega Drive destroyed me. It does so much damage!

Yeah, OD definitely took a dedicated healer at minimum, when I thought I could offheal only.

Some of the nightmares are insane (valigarmanda, Kaiser dragon) and some left me wondering what I did wrong to win so easily (CPU, necrophobe, dervish).

What were the well balanced ones? Wall, Tonberries? Those were the ones I found most fun and frenetic anyway.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I honestly think the first two were my favourite Nightmares. They had gimmicks that weren't too dominating and were decently balanced to the game when they were released.

Tonberries was sort of an HP slog when it came out if you didn't have many good SBs, particularly with how the gimmick was a fixed damage attack based on how many steps the tonberries took, which meant you couldn't just take it slow and build SB.

I wouldn't have minded Neo Bahamut if all my Summoner SBs at the time weren't either Black Magic (and invalidated) or White Magic.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Tonberries (which I only did recently) right now seems to be an exercise in: Paralyze wave one, wail on it. Stop Dance the next two waves, wail on them. Blow Bursts on the King who does no damage since you chain-stopped the previous waves.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I wish half price story dungeons would last forever. I'm up around 30 stamina refreshes and 150 mythril since that started plus gobs of 4-5* Orbs. Still only at 129 stamina so I believe 50+ stamina refreshes worth of story dungeons to go. :stare:

For someone with around a half dozen relevant relics (Ramza USB, Selphie USB, Tyro BSB, Krile Sheepsong, Setzer BSB, Lann BSB and Alph Deployment Tactics) I'm guessing I should be hoarding mythril for the upcoming Extreme Fest and Cloud? The current Lightning pull is super tempting even at 50 mythril.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

If you don't have good XIII synergy go for it, you can keep getting drip mythril from realms and the while banner is solid. If you have even a few decent XIII things hold off.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pander posted:

If you don't have good XIII synergy go for it, you can keep getting drip mythril from realms and the while banner is solid. If you have even a few decent XIII things hold off.

The only XIII thing I have is an ancient shared SB Hunter's Rod from way back around launch before I quit.

So yeah, nothing even remotely decent XIII.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Probably worth a shot then. Raines bsb is one of the best mage BSBs, and nothing here sucks.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
If you're gonna pull on a non-XTREME FEST or god Cloud banner, this is a pretty good one to do so. Top prize is still probably Cid claws, but nothing on it is really worthless unless you just get CID's LM but nothing else for him.

Lightning USB is pretty fun. Against a lightning weak boss, it's pretty nuts. I'm a little sad at not having her BSB2 to go with it, but it's great regardless.

I decided against pulling again because of already getting a top item on the banner. With the Fest coming up and seeing what's on it, at least in Japan, gonna need all the mithril I can muster for it. And I wanna pull on Cloud banner at least once. Looking like I'll have enough for 4 pulls in Fest and one on Cloud.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

BGrifter posted:

The only XIII thing I have is an ancient shared SB Hunter's Rod from way back around launch before I quit.

So yeah, nothing even remotely decent XIII.

It's a pretty good banner honestly. Both Lightning and Raines stuff is great, and Nabaats relics are actually good.

XIII is gonna be the new Tactics when it comes to Lucky Banners, if you don't mind waiting or don't care much about Lightning or Raines.

July - IX, X, Tactics
August - III, XIII, Tactics
September - VIII, XIII, Tactics
October - III, V, VII (Crisis Core)
November - VI, X (X-2), XIII
December - VII, XII, XIII (XIII-2)

Frequency:
XIII (4)
Tactics (3)
VII, X (2)
V, VI, VIII, IX, XII (1)
I, II, IV, XI, XIV (0)

Edit: If you can manage the Bonus Battles today, XIII isn't getting any new content outside of these realm dungeons in the next 6 months which could impact your pulling decisions.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 11, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh boy I pulled Raines' LM Jacket. The only other relics I own of his are his Unique ST Damage + Hastega and his SSB Imperil Holy.

:sad:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, it'll make the Hastega last longer!
*slide whistle*

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Hogama posted:

Well, it'll make the Hastega last longer!
*slide whistle*

It won't even do that, that's the saddest part.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh boy I pulled Raines' LM Jacket. The only other relics I own of his are his Unique ST Damage + Hastega and his SSB Imperil Holy.

:sad:

Too bad it's just stat buffs and not all effects. Extra duration of an imperil could at least have some use.

Um, if you give him the Boost ability, that'll last longer.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

It won't even do that, that's the saddest part.
:eng99: Oh yeah, I was equating it with buffs in general, but Hastega doesn't do anything about SPD directly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

At the very least it apparently affects RWs if Raines is the one to summon them. So super long walls or hybrid boosts yay?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
So how many LM's are like that, where they're really only at all useful if you have one other specific relic already? Lightning's has use even without any of her relics since she's a spellblade, but an effect boost on a character with only one real effect accessible on one relic is pretty bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The funniest thing about Raines' LM is that it will theoretically make the magic buff from memento mori last significantly longer than the doom counter. Sadly there's no way to take advantage of this, since you lose buffs when you die and doom bypasses last stand.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

HPanda posted:

So how many LM's are like that, where they're really only at all useful if you have one other specific relic already? Lightning's has use even without any of her relics since she's a spellblade, but an effect boost on a character with only one real effect accessible on one relic is pretty bad.

Not many, thankfully. A few characters have really godawful LMRs; Raines is one. Gogo(VI) is one (his is a bonus to Attack and Magic whenever you Mimic ... which if you don't have his BSB you can only do by using his default SB which has a 50% fail rate), Rosa is another (+X% Mind with each heal cast ... but if you're using Rosa she's almost certainly wrath-wrath-SB'ing). Rosa actually gets pretty boned in general by the LM system, since her LM2 is also bad (75% chance to instantly cure a handful of status ailments when they're applied to her -- Silence is one of them, but if silence is a risk you're going to be using a silence resist accessory anyway because a 25% chance to be boned isn't very good odds).

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Zurai posted:

Not many, thankfully. A few characters have really godawful LMRs; Raines is one. Gogo(VI) is one (his is a bonus to Attack and Magic whenever you Mimic ... which if you don't have his BSB you can only do by using his default SB which has a 50% fail rate), Rosa is another (+X% Mind with each heal cast ... but if you're using Rosa she's almost certainly wrath-wrath-SB'ing). Rosa actually gets pretty boned in general by the LM system, since her LM2 is also bad (75% chance to instantly cure a handful of status ailments when they're applied to her -- Silence is one of them, but if silence is a risk you're going to be using a silence resist accessory anyway because a 25% chance to be boned isn't very good odds).

Blasphemy.

According to FF Canon, the only thing boning Rosa is Cecil.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So is Proudclad worth bothering with? I read you can't debuff the bits and they pierce. That's some bullshit.

Edit: Nevermind I beat it. It took like 15 reloads because he kept focusing on people and killing them. Once I got good RNG it was a matter of triple imperil lightning rushdown and more good RNG.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 12, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah it was kind of annoying because he gets like 3 actions off before you get 1 and if he hits the same person twice that's basically GG. Once I got a start where he hit 3 different people, he was a chump. Turns out giving everyone 3 full bars and the ability to bring other RMs is really strong!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm getting really tired of boss fights in this game that boil down to RNG. A bunch of discord goons just tried the dino apoc fight and it was the stupidest bullshit. It got off 3 gently caress-off AoE attacks in a row and there was nothing we could do at all.

This is especially irritating after the Full Throttle fight I just finished reloading like 15 times. Can we just get some regular fights that are doable DeNa?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I tried the Jump Start fight, loaded up with as many lightning attacks as I could, and, WELP.

The boss hits extremely hard at the start, you're likely not going to get your mitigation up before it attacks. If you do, however, it's not too too bad. It seems like a typical 220 fight so far. A lot of health, pretty tanky dude, occasionally hits pretty hard but it's manageable.

Sounds swell, eh?

70%, he drops his limiter.

Yeah the fight will end soon after that. With mitigation up it's damage pretty much doubles and it's speed is Very Weak phase like and he gets no delay with his attacks. His laser hits four times in a row instead of one, AND he follows it up with an AoE that ignores defense.

It feels like Lightning's BSB2 and a physical blink/last stand will just delay the inevitable in the fight.

Good luck if you try it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Armitage posted:

I tried the Jump Start fight, loaded up with as many lightning attacks as I could, and, WELP.

The boss hits extremely hard at the start, you're likely not going to get your mitigation up before it attacks. If you do, however, it's not too too bad. It seems like a typical 220 fight so far. A lot of health, pretty tanky dude, occasionally hits pretty hard but it's manageable.

Sounds swell, eh?

70%, he drops his limiter.

Yeah the fight will end soon after that. With mitigation up it's damage pretty much doubles and it's speed is Very Weak phase like and he gets no delay with his attacks. His laser hits four times in a row instead of one, AND he follows it up with an AoE that ignores defense.

It feels like Lightning's BSB2 and a physical blink/last stand will just delay the inevitable in the fight.

Good luck if you try it.

Yeah if you have Lightning BSB2 native just do Shout and then spam it 3 times in a row to max imperil lightning, then go in as hard as you can and hope for the best while healing like crazy. It's a stupid bullshit RNG fight and I hate it and I hope this event is not setting the standard for the upcoming boss meta. This poo poo isn't fun.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I went in an interesting new direction with this Jump Start fight. Instead of stacking buffs and debuffs, I loaded up all offense, OK's BSB for haste and hybrid buff, and Relm's Last Stand BSB.

The beginning of the fight is RNG to a ridiculous degree, but after that, just focus fire everything as quickly as possible. If I just poo poo out damage, I could just keep renewing Relm's Last Stand buff and heal. He'd gib part of/all of the team each turn, but they'd be back with a sliver of health, over and over.

I had Lightning with her USB, Relm with her BSB, OK with his BSB, Ashe with her BSB, and Shantotto with her BSB (though she bit it early on to bad luck). Mastered it. This should be no problem with lightning OSB's and a Last Stand buff.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah if you have Lightning BSB2 native just do Shout and then spam it 3 times in a row to max imperil lightning, then go in as hard as you can and hope for the best while healing like crazy. It's a stupid bullshit RNG fight and I hate it and I hope this event is not setting the standard for the upcoming boss meta. This poo poo isn't fun.

I got her USB but not her BSB2, no RWs I have are carrying it at the moment.

It MAY make things easier but I don't recall a previous bosses Very Weak phase being this strong before though there had been plenty of BS Very Weak Phases, and he gets into it at 70%.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

HPanda posted:

I went in an interesting new direction with this Jump Start fight. Instead of stacking buffs and debuffs, I loaded up all offense, OK's BSB for haste and hybrid buff, and Relm's Last Stand BSB.

The beginning of the fight is RNG to a ridiculous degree, but after that, just focus fire everything as quickly as possible. If I just poo poo out damage, I could just keep renewing Relm's Last Stand buff and heal. He'd gib part of/all of the team each turn, but they'd be back with a sliver of health, over and over.

I had Lightning with her USB, Relm with her BSB, OK with his BSB, Ashe with her BSB, and Shantotto with her BSB (though she bit it early on to bad luck). Mastered it. This should be no problem with lightning OSB's and a Last Stand buff.

What did you use for a RW?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Sentinel's, because I still have no native Wall. Probably could have gone with something more offensive-minded, though, given strategy. Just would have upped the RNG part of the first few rounds.

EDIT: Here's my team's details:

Ignore most of the abilities on there. Apart from Protect, Curaja, Full Break, and Thundering Twinstrikes, the abilities were just there for filler. Used BSB's and commands the whole fight apart from a few uses of those. this is also a little embarrassing, but I apparently also forgot to switch out OK's RM between attempts (went in the first time with Reno BSB, but swapped him out for Ashe and switched around gear a bit). My setup was decent but not super ideal, though I do have some pretty great options for lightning damage.

HPanda fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 12, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Fuuuuuuck this Apoc fight so hard.

Sure, just randomly drop 3 AoEs at 20% health that full party wipes even though everyone has both phys blink and last stand up.

edit: I feel like I'm being trolled with this fight being the one that *finally* gives out 4-star vit motes.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 12, 2017

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Jump Start was a good reminder why I usually stop at Ultimate++.

I'm lucky I could plan around TGC's Overflow by decking him in Thunder-boost Gear + RM along with Powerchain, Lightning's Imperil Burst as RW and an entourage of Basch (ATK/DEF SB, Gaia's Cross for the personal DEF Boost), Tyro (Wall, Curaja & Curaise), Minifilia (ATK + Last Stand SSB, ATK BD & Protectga) and Red XIII (ATK/MAG Burst with DEF BD Comand, Full Break).

And it still took more than a dozen of S/Ls to clear it because Blitzkrieg-ing without bringing a native Medica requires a lot of finesse in the input and hoping the RNG is merciful enough with the lasers.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I lucked into the best multiplayer team for Adamanchelid and it was still a pain.

2 Squall BSBs, Onion BSB, Relm BSB, Yuna USB, Eiko USB, then my Selphie USB with Tyro alternating between Wall and USB for the Hastega and Astra. We still had 3 people die at the end despite constant Last Stand spam, but it managed to reach mastery. Thank goodness.

I think the next bullshit multiplayer battle is King Tonberry?

Also, the next FFRK Report in Japan arrived.

Who's this loser?

Tactics Advance is here! Apparently the second half of this event will be normal Tactics.

Marcus is here!

An XIV only Lucky Draw to go along with the Stormblood opening, along with the XIV Torment. Also announced the Crystal Tower event that ran during the 30th Anniversary will return, where you ran multiple unique parties to face different bosses.

They also announced lots of future QoL stuff, like:
    Increasing Inventory, Saved Party and Ability Limits
    :siren:Crystal Drops in Daily Dungeons:siren:
    EXP, Gil and Material Dailies open every day
    Renewing/Revamping the Mote Dungeons (A new difficulty, I'm guessing?)
    Rebalancing some 5* and 6* abilities

Really interesting stuff coming.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Does Entrust work in Full Throttle? I'm getting the feeling my best bet will be chain-spamming my Lightning OSB

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Full Throttle fell over to the boss not being able to get through Full Break, Power Breakdown, Orlandeau BSB CMD1 break, Protectga, Wall, & Y'Shtola Asylum bubbles. Well, those and Lightning's USB hitting him in the face while Garnet Imperiled him twice to start off, and Ramza was making everything instant with his USB.

Laser kept just hitting 4 people for 0 damage, it was amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ZiegeDame posted:

Does Entrust work in Full Throttle? I'm getting the feeling my best bet will be chain-spamming my Lightning OSB

Nope.

• Locked thread