Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

panascope posted:

Post more of the first one, that head looks dope.

I dug this guy out for you, enjoy! I remembered where the head's from, it's an old Heresy minis Big Boris spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
IMO the GSC pic needs more actual 'stealers in it! The banners are looking dope!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

BULBASAUR posted:

These are great, dude. What did you make the antennas out of?

Cheers!

Just hobby store super thin gauge wire, painted matte black :)

Edit: man, looking over those banner images we have some crazy good hobbyists in this thread. Those tyranids, god drat.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

:siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:

Tau:

Sized to 800x300, here's a link to fullres http://imgur.com/a/wiyvO

I'm not entirely sure how it'll look with white text in the corner. If it looks funny, can you upload a transparent template and I'll adjust?

E: Not sure how I feel about the stormsurge at this size, shooting another option.

E2: Second option, no stormsurge and cropped a little tighter to better show individuals at banner size.

http://imgur.com/qE8I00h

Booley fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 12, 2017

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Booley posted:

Tau:

I'm not entirely sure how it'll look with white text in the corner. If it looks funny, can you upload a transparent template and I'll adjust?

God drat.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Booley posted:

Tau:

E: Not sure how I feel about the stormsurge at this size, shooting another option.

E2: Second option, no stormsurge and cropped a little tighter to better show individuals at banner size.

http://imgur.com/qE8I00h

These are loving great! I think I like the sans-stormsurge version better.

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, did my Space Marines (both Hellbats and Salamanders) and a close up of some Imperial Agents if it's of any help. These are shrunk down a bit, the full uncropped versions are available if needed.

Cool. I'll use these if I don't get another submission, since you've already got the Orks banner. I'll def use the Imperial Agents one, though

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Tau look so good in grey.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

One more fancier photo of my clowns for the OP. Only models I have painted so far, I'm afraid.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

BaconCopter posted:

IMO the GSC pic needs more actual 'stealers in it! The banners are looking dope!

Lol, I can retake with some genestealers in it but their bases don't match because they were painted for my tyranids =(

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Alokgen posted:

One more fancier photo of my clowns for the OP. Only models I have painted so far, I'm afraid.

How'd you do the blue fading into the black?

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Floppychop posted:

For my lazy bases I use Vallejo Grey Pumice.

Quick basecoat and drybrush and it's good enough for me.

Seconding this - the Vallejo Pumice range has been an absolute godsend and I no longer put off basing models. It's incredibly easy and looks great.

:siren:MANS:siren:

Word Bearers

Alpha Legion

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I painted the front using Temple Guard Blue, then used a few different shades and highlights using black and white. 2 brush blended them together then free-handed the black diamonds on top of it.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Looks like an airbrush stencil with the faded bits being at the edge of the spray pattern.

EDIT: Whoops, should have refreshed. I stand corrected. God drat, free-hand is insane, looks awesome.

Sleepyjacked
Sep 21, 2010

Maybe some of you fine folks can work this out for me.
Say I wanted to summon some Daemons to use mid-battle. I would have to had already paid for the unit in full, correct? Through Reinforcement Points I believe?
So am I overlooking something or does this make summoning Daemons just a much more ineffective form of deepstrike?
Deepstrike has become so streamlined, with no rolls required, but now to bring in Daemons I have to pass a summoning roll AND have to place them within a distance of the summoner?
...or did I miss something?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
You don't pay for the unit, you reserve points.

The advantage is that you can summon whatever you want with those points, so you gain some flexibility.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TKIY posted:

The advantage is that you can summon whatever you want with those points, so you gain some flexibility.

Iirc you can also refresh depleted units, right?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sleepyjacked posted:

Maybe some of you fine folks can work this out for me.
Say I wanted to summon some Daemons to use mid-battle. I would have to had already paid for the unit in full, correct? Through Reinforcement Points I believe?
So am I overlooking something or does this make summoning Daemons just a much more ineffective form of deepstrike?
Deepstrike has become so streamlined, with no rolls required, but now to bring in Daemons I have to pass a summoning roll AND have to place them within a distance of the summoner?
...or did I miss something?

Summoning is for bad people who like the crazy versions of the game. Otherwise with points or power level you are almost better off taking them normal. Though I guess 2 summon heavy armies could agree to more points set to the side for units? Dunno.

At least with the tervigon you have the option of summoning gaunts or bring 10 dead gaunts back alive.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

bonds0097 posted:

Looks like an airbrush stencil with the faded bits being at the edge of the spray pattern.

EDIT: Whoops, should have refreshed. I stand corrected. God drat, free-hand is insane, looks awesome.

If I owned an airbrush, this would all be a lot easier. But :(

And Thanks!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Alokgen posted:

These are great! I can work with this.

BirdieBedtime posted:

Seconding this - the Vallejo Pumice range has been an absolute godsend and I no longer put off basing models. It's incredibly easy and looks great.

:siren:MANS:siren:

Word Bearers

Alpha Legion

These are also very cool. I am working on a subfaction piece. I'll incorporate a few of the submissions and show what I'm thinking in a little bit

Sleepyjacked
Sep 21, 2010

TKIY posted:

Ahh yeah I see now. Thanks. That makes sense. It just being a more limited Deepstrike didn't feel right. Cool to have that tactical flexibility, and bring down what you need, when and where you need it.

LordAba posted:

Summoning is for cool people who like the thematic and fluffy versions of the game.

FTFY

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've been thinking a lot about how Forgeworld units are going to fit into the game and I've come to the conclusion that they'll probably be scary as hell before even accounting for special rules.

Anything with quad heavy bolters sounds hilarious, for instance. I've been debating picking up a Fire Raptor for years and now might be the time. The main gun will probably be 12 s6 ap-2 shots likely with damage 2 if similar weapons like the Knight's gattling gun are anything to judge by. The two sponsons will be able to pump out another 12 bolter shots a piece and unlike now all of this will be able to be focused on a single target.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 12, 2017

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

Iirc you can also refresh depleted units, right?

If you have the ability to heal a unit that is still on the table that doesn't use reserved points.

If a unit is wiped completed and summoned back that does cost points.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So what is the "new faction" that Games Workshop kept passively mentioning during all the hype buildup?

It's loving primaris marines isn't it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

goose willis posted:

So what is the "new faction" that Games Workshop kept passively mentioning during all the hype buildup?

It's loving primaris marines isn't it

No they mentioned their would be new factions. But the Primaris thing was separate from that. As they are more of an add on to the already existing Space Marines rather then a new faction.

As for what any new factions there would be, we don't know yet.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm hoping it's going to be something awesome like Dark Mechanicus for Chaos or a new Xenos species but I have a sinking feeling that it's just going to be yet another lame over-powered Imperial faction with a name in either Piggus Latinus or Nouns of Adjective and they're gonna have cheap units that fly around and kill everything in one hit and nullify the powers of every single other non-Imperial faction and they'll fill up every goddamn tournament list until the next one comes out and they flood eBay with poorly-painted models of baroque power-armored phallic hovercraft being driven by shirtless oiled men with plasma pistols coming out if their muscular man-teats

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

goose willis posted:

I'm hoping it's going to be something awesome like Dark Mechanicus for Chaos or a new Xenos species but I have a sinking feeling that it's just going to be yet another lame over-powered Imperial faction with a name in either Piggus Latinus or Nouns of Adjective and they're gonna have cheap units that fly around and kill everything in one hit and nullify the powers of every single other non-Imperial faction and they'll fill up every goddamn tournament list until the next one comes out and they flood eBay with poorly-painted models of baroque power-armored phallic hovercraft being driven by shirtless oiled men with plasma pistols coming out if their muscular man-teats

They explicitly said it was gonna be a new Xenos faction.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Ok, here's what I'm thinking for the two marine/chaos marine subfaction images. If you've got Iron Warriors, Emperor's Children, or World Eaters, POST THAT poo poo

Also post if you have Iron Hands, Salamanders, Space Wolves, or Ultramarines. Or also blood angels, cause I need a single mans photo there

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

S.J. posted:

Are you sure it isn't genestealer cults

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Oh? I figured they were being coy about the new marines or possible Death Guard. If it's a new xenos faction I am suddenly way more interested.

C'mon, standalone Kroot.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Had my last game of non-30k 7th today and hoo boy one thing I won't be missing is arguing over what gets a cover save.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

goose willis posted:

Nouns of Adjective

Madlib Marines

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Kroot and Vespid are the only things I like out of the Tau codex and while Vespid are probably never going to be their own faction I think an independent Kroot list would be awesome because most of the models and themes and justifications (mercenaries) have already been in place for many editions

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Safety Factor posted:

Oh? I figured they were being coy about the new marines or possible Death Guard. If it's a new xenos faction I am suddenly way more interested.

C'mon, standalone Kroot.

Money's on Kroot or Rak'gol. There was a dude about half a month ago claiming there was also a non-Imperial human faction in the works.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Enslavers, who just pour through the goddamn massive warp rift in the middle of the galaxy

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im hoping for not Space dwarves.
Cmon silicon based life that are sentient rocks that mine asteroids for food and hate the Orks.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

TheChirurgeon posted:

Enslavers, who just pour through the goddamn massive warp rift in the middle of the galaxy

God willing.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Silicon-based life is actually not a bad idea and would be one of the few sci-fi species tropes that doesn't currently exist in the 40k universe

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

That would be great, especially if it meant Xenos could have allies. Enslaved allies, but allies.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Come on space skaven!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
C'mon Hrud

• Locked thread