Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is that.... Lewis being a bit thankful and nearly humble...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

NFX posted:

Ricciardo owns.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Amazing podium hahaha

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Brainwrong posted:

He needs to do every interview

They also need to institute a rule that Australians are banned from the podium from now on

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ilmucche posted:

Is that.... Lewis being a bit thankful and nearly humble...?

He's in the presence of Sir Patrick Stewart, how could anyone not be??

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

McGuinty posted:

They also need to institute a rule that Australians are banned from the podium from now on

God bless you

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
ah, THERE it is

some serious tape delay over here on NBC

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Patrick Stewart shoey!

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I'm not gay but I want to have sex with Patrick Stewart.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Sir Patrick loving owns.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

https://twitter.com/F1/status/873992328553390080

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I WILL DRINK OUT OF ANYBODY'S SHOE

Patrick Stewart :swoon:

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

As Brundle/Crofty said, the team didn't help by being so flaky. Had it been Ron / Flavio they would have screamed at Perez to move the gently caress over.

No kidding, it's that simple

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift posted:

Sir Patrick Stewart will probably finish with as many points as Alonso today.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:smith:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It all makes sense now...

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'ma go against the flow on this one and say I actually like when teammates refuse to move over for each other. I think if Ocon really wanted to get past he should have put more pressure on Perez and tried to overtake himself rather than just asking to be let past for 10 laps and holding station like a good boy.

I don't deny it hosed FI over, and I would have liked to see them hold of Vettel to rob him of more points, but I can't think of a single great driver that would just move over passively like that. Vettel certainly wouldn't.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

DoctorGonzo posted:

gently caress that frog faced mother fucker, seb needs to improve his starts, perez costed his team the podium, gently caress this race

If he drives off part of the nose with his rear tyre than he was in fromt of seb. Sebs fault, should learn to use the breaks.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

I'ma go against the flow on this one and say I actually like when teammates refuse to move over for each other. I think if Ocon really wanted to get past he should have put more pressure on Perez and tried to overtake himself rather than just asking to be let past for 10 laps and holding station like a good boy.

I don't deny it hosed FI over, and I would have liked to see them hold of Vettel to rob him of more points, but I can't think of a single great driver that would just move over passively like that. Vettel certainly wouldn't.

There's a difference when you're fighting a team ahead of you and a team behind you. Ocon could have fought Ricciardo while Perez could have defended against Vettel. Instead they were the other way around because Perez didn't want to yield.

If Ocon and Perez were in their own section of track then by all means race it out. But that wasn't the case.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh good point as well, Verstappen was a retard at the start and fully deserved his engine failing on him.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

There's a difference when you're fighting a team ahead of you and a team behind you. Ocon could have fought Ricciardo while Perez could have defended against Vettel. Instead they were the other way around because Perez didn't want to yield.

If Ocon and Perez were in their own section of track then by all means race it out. But that wasn't the case.

No I fully agree it would have been better for the team if Perez had played ball. I guess I view F1 as a very wierd "team" sport and prefer it when drivers look out for themselves. Provided they have the skill and confidence to back it up naturally. If you act like a dick and then the team fires you you end up looking a bit of a muppet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

No I fully agree it would have been better for the team if Perez had played ball. I guess I view F1 as a very wierd "team" sport and prefer it when drivers look out for themselves. Provided they have the skill and confidence to back it up naturally. If you act like a dick and then the team fires you you end up looking a bit of a muppet.

Even if you feel this way, Perez blocking Ocon that hard was ridiculous.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Well, peeps, looks like I'm off to buy some deodorant. :cool:

https://degreedrivedubai.ca/en/Default.aspx

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

NtotheTC posted:

Ferrari aren't gonna go looking for a driver who doesn't listen to team orders unless they're as fast as Vettel.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

Even if you feel this way, Perez blocking Ocon that hard was ridiculous.

specially when Vettel passed trough them in one lap

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

pik_d posted:

Ferrari aren't gonna go looking for a driver who doesn't listen to team orders unless they're as fast as Vettel.

Not really an issue for Ferrari. If they want to move a car past another one they just pit them at stupid times. Or gently caress up the settings on the car for a few laps. "What's that Kimi? Somethings wrong you say? Try D-40. Or D-42 or something."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Kimi fans are the worst part of this thread.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

DoctorGonzo posted:

Who?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

You don't give yourself anywhere near enough credit.

I'm not a Kimi fan anyway, I'm a Ferrari anti-fan.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Race was decent. Stroll passing Alonso killed me inside. Podium was garbage.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Minto Took posted:

Podium was garbage.

Are you literally leukemia?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you literally leukemia?

Apparently. I find all three of those drivers annoying.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah, but Patrick Stewart.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I've heard the race last year sucked, but I'm optimistic for Baku because I think it's fun as gently caress to drive on F1 2016

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad they barely focused on the leaders.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pik_d posted:

It's true. Perez is a good driver but he is not a champion, and the only way I'd ever see him winning is if the circumstances were perfect.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I've heard the race last year sucked, but I'm optimistic for Baku because I think it's fun as gently caress to drive on F1 2016

Thanks for your opinion, Mr. Stroll.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Formula 1 social media.........is fun?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

The support races (gp2 and 3) are worth checking for the hilarity then the f1 race was meh because there was no hilarity

but Baku welcomed us all so it had that.

• Locked thread