Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Microsoft acknowledged the Switch more than EA during their conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

ghostwritingduck posted:

Nice self own

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turtlicious posted:

Man goons hate everything I like :(

goons hate everything

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Morby posted:

Is there not an overarching E3 thread?

Yeah there's multiple E3 threads.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

whaley posted:

if you press right but you exert force upwards towards the up button it'll press up, but i dunno how anyone is doing this accidentally. i have to go out of my way to push the right button upwards instead of right

The d-pad is kind of loose and has a less pronounced "pivot" in the middle than most Nintendo stuff, but yeah it's not enough to actually be an issue unless you have giant sausage thumbs or are the type who mashes buttons with 80 pounds of force every time you press them.

I look forward to picking up a few more Pro Controllers on clearance once everyone complains and they release a new revision because I like these a lot and will use them for PC multiplayer stuff.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ghostwritingduck posted:

"So Banjo and Kazooie will be in Smash..."

"Okay."

"But as part of the deal Steve? from Minecraft also has to be a guest fighter."

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"Okay."

You're saying this like it wouldn't be amazing.
Although, I'd rather have drunk Conker.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"Okay."

Both of these are bad deals

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

does it at least have the right ram?

sure does, 12 of them in fact, only on xXxbonexXx

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
^ ^ ^ - I rest my case.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is Xbox One X the new worst name for a hardware? Does Nintendo have to hand over the trophy now?

XboneX

Taking inspiration from the gamertags in their playerbase I see.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MonHon XX is looking pretty dope. There are frequent Japanese streams and I'm getting way too hyped.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Well Microsoft had yet another embarrassingly bad conference. Just need to see how Sony pans but if Metroid Prime 4 is announced, I think Nintendo soundly wins E3. And yes, winning is a thing. But Metroid Prime 4 probably is not :(.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm glad to see Microsoft stopped keeping Cup head captive and finally gave us a release date.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought it was a relatively decent conference.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, the conference is good, just a critical failure that it doesn't bring many reasons to actually go buy an xbox of either kind since almost everything they unveiled was timed exclusive at most. But on the flip side, if you already had an Xbox then you are given reason to keep it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

I thought it was a relatively decent conference.

Confirmed terrible on this criteria

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Confirmed terrible on this criteria

Do you have some sort of fixation on me or something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Do you have some sort of fixation on me or something?

Your opinions and mine differ and you always post back

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I look forward to picking up a few more Pro Controllers on clearance once everyone complains and they release a new revision because I like these a lot and will use them for PC multiplayer stuff.

I really like the pro controller but I've been having a hard time using it on pc. 90% of games seem to just expect xinput. I managed to trick Prey into using it with x360ce, but I couldn't get it work with anything else that I have been playing lately. What do you do to make modern games play nice with this controller?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My E3 wishlist:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 release date, preferably still releasing this year.
Octopath Traveler release date.
New Switch games that aren't Wii U ports.
A new Pikman game for the Switch, that isn't a platformer.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah I'm getting Splatoon no matter what but I want something with explosions n'poo poo.
Well, if Call of Duty or Battlefield or whatever are not announced at e3, at least PayDay 2 is already on the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ak0vaFIyHU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ghostwritingduck posted:

This might be cause for some concern if EA made good games.

katkillad2 posted:

My E3 wishlist:

I hope we get at least one "you can buy this right now on the eShop" moment. I also hope the new Mario isn't delayed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think the new mario has to be done already. Otherwise what were they making all this time since wiiu launches slowed down. Holiday just feels like a strategic launch

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I think the new mario has to be done already. Otherwise what were they making all this time since wiiu launches slowed down. Holiday just feels like a strategic launch

Yup, it was going to save the Switch at Christmas if the system bombed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So the new thread I'm putting up tomorrow, just be aware that will be in the late evening. I'll be at work and stuck in town longer than I thought due to needing to sign some realty stuff.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
any new switch news? when is the e3 nintendo conference?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

bowmore posted:

Tuesday.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

bowmore posted:

No. 2am Wednesday iirc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

No. 2am Wednesday iirc
Cheers Dave

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Xbox One X; Goatsing players with its acronym everywhere. I love how the "most powerful system ever" is a slightly faster processor and an extra 4GB of RAM. With A NEEWWWWW CAAARRR!! :supaburn:

katkillad2 posted:

My E3 wishlist:

There's a new Pikmin game coming called Pikmin World, based on datamined store listings. XC2 might come out this year, but it'll almost certainly be towards the end of 2017 and in only Japan. A worldwide release will take until a fair ways into next year unless they actually work on the english release during production. (Which they didn't even do for XCX, their big-name darling of a WiiU title.)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Love watching people who thought $299 for the switch was too much go gaga over the $499 4k XbOX.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Nephzinho posted:

Love watching people who thought $299 for the switch was too much go gaga over the $499 4k XbOX.

But it's got more teraflops

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mang I haven't seen anybody excited about the $500 Xbox but maybe that's because I'm only reading the E3 threads.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
they named it X

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm gonna grind up an Xbox One X and shoot those pixels directly into my veins while licking Switch carts. Gonna OD on video games like god intended

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

X gon' give it to ya gently caress waiting for you to get it on your own X gon' deliver to ya

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'd buy it. I love milk.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Super Pikmin World coming to the VC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

InFlames235 posted:

Well Microsoft had yet another embarrassingly bad conference. Just need to see how Sony pans but if Metroid Prime 4 is announced, I think Nintendo soundly wins E3. And yes, winning is a thing. But Metroid Prime 4 probably is not :(.

I'd love to be wrong but that's up there with "mainline pokemon game on the switch announcement" in terms of wishful thinking. If Retro isn't working on either a new mainline or Wii U port of Donkey Kong for the Switch I'd be very surprised.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo's going to keep pumping out lovely sideline Metroid games and using the low sales numbers to justify not making another Metroid game, repeat every 5 years.

• Locked thread