Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Duckman2008 posted:

This is the worst. I don't want s make up call. I just want the refs to call it fairly.

Get some loving robots and play the game on paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Forsberg needs to do something tonight

He did. The refs called the goal he assisted on no goal because they're loving morons.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Captain Internet posted:

Man, you pumpin out some crisp rear end IMAX quality projection there.

Sure thing chief. Has there been a legitimate penalty called on the Pens these playoffs out of curiosity?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Duckman2008 posted:

This is the worst. I don't want s make up call. I just want the refs to call it fairly.

Refs gently caress up sometimes dude. They know they hosed up and are going to keep giving the Preds PPs until they score. Refbots are at least another 10 years away, sorry if that makes you angry about hockey

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012
*comes in for the first tv time out*
*Reads thread*
*goes back to screaming at his television*

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Yeah, that no-goal was 100% a bad whistle, but it was bad whistle in my team's favor, so I'm pretty happy it panned out that way. This whole post season has been terribly officiated. You don't win unless some of the bad calls go your way.

Nashville's at 2 nonsense disallowed goals to the Pen's 1, it's just that the two that happened to them were at critical junctions and the Pen's was a win more situation.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Someone start a katamari ball out of a catfish and roll it over top of every NHL ref. For all the claiming that they dont like to affect games they sure do call a lot of make up calls after they gently caress up.

Nashville deserved that one I'd say

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

:yeah:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

the problem is that for there to be fairness, there has to be consistency. and there isn't, not even close

I agree with this. And it's loving infuriating.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Sure thing chief. Has there been a legitimate penalty called on the Pens these playoffs out of curiosity?

I thought the two minute minor to Crosby for repeatedly punching Subban in the back of the head was pretty fair

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

hags with the dank drop pass

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What the gently caress is a squib anyway?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Good lord Nashville's PP is terrible

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm not whining, u are

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
It was a quick whistle, but to be fair the Preds have been rather liberal with goalie contact, so I, as a penguins fan, can't blame the refs on this whistle.

Of course I'd be pretty salty if the roles were reversed.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

Refs gently caress up sometimes dude. They know they hosed up and are going to keep giving the Preds PPs until they score. Refbots are at least another 10 years away, sorry if that makes you angry about hockey

My point is if you can challenge offsides, you should be able to challenge any type of goal.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
are they playing mr. brightside on the organ

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

then they made the right call? the ref had a poo poo angle to see the play, it looked like murray was sitting on the puck, even though it got free a second later

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, all of them have been legitimate because hockey players loving slash and hold and do illegal poo poo all game long and it takes egregious things to get called.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Low Desert Punk posted:

are they playing mr. brightside on the organ

Yes

drat it doc stop saying squib

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

lol that people are still complaining about subban's no-goal from game 1. that's like saying that puck over the glass delay of game penalties are "bad calls" (they're not; it's just a stupid rear end rule)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Duckman2008 posted:

My point is if you can challenge offsides, you should be able to challenge any type of goal.

Yeah, that would be fun to watch.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Why didn't the whistle blow the second that touched Rinne?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

In a shocking development, Rinne is back in god mode now that we are playing in Nashville again

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Did Smith miss the net?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Siroc posted:

Yes, the quickest whistle of the playoffs which would've resulted in a goal is equal to a PP where the Preds player was hooked/tripped. Same thing.

errr what? I never even mentioned...

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Speak loving English

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

at least rinne good

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

grack posted:

Yeah, that would be fun to watch.

Right. Coachs challenges should be removed. I would be ok with that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Siroc posted:

Did Smith miss the net?

By a lot, yeah

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Duckman2008 posted:

Get rid of replay altogether. Challaneges are garbage and are letter of law bullshit not spirit of the law.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Captain Internet posted:

Yeah, all of them have been legitimate because hockey players loving slash and hold and do illegal poo poo all game long and it takes egregious things to get called.

What about gravity affecting opposing players differently? Isn't that a problem?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

Right. Coachs challenges should be removed. I would be ok with that.

This, but unironically

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

nothing pumps me up for hockey like the proclaimers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Curse Rinne and his inexplicable location-based skill.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Preds now afraid to hit the net due to the instant whistle.

(Also seriously call any of these holds/hooks/trips refs gently caress this is why poo poo gets out of hand late and nobody scores)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm not sure if Cole is actually playing way better than usual, or if my brain is just perceiving it that way due to comparing him to Hainsey instead of Letang

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!

Duckman2008 posted:

Nope no way. Whistle = play stops. You can't say that anything that happens after the whistle would 100% happen w/o the whistle.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I L OVE YOU MATT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

murray good

• Locked thread