Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Barreft posted:

Rinne plays so much better compared to in Pittsburgh, it's so loving weird.

Like a 5 g/avg in Pittsburgh, I'm not smart enough to understand it, and I'm expecting a Preds win tonight. I just don't get how he's SO bad in PGH. Does the confluence mess with his mind waves?
I'm just assuming he has put money on this series going to 7 and plays like poo poo in Pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I can't associate O Fortuna with anything other than the Jackass movie opening

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
At least we can't lose a goal to a challenge in the next 21 minutes.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Schremp Howard posted:

The Penguins ice sucks too and there's a concert at PPG the night before so it's not like it'll be any better if they play Wednesday.

Nah they spent a ton of money to fix the ice this year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Not loving the dump-and-not-really-chase "let's just ride out the rest of the period and get the hell out of here" strategy the Pens have been employing the last few minutes

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

What is wrong with you?

I hate unabashed nationalism more than I hate a stupid hockey team.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

PING

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Schremp Howard posted:

The Penguins ice sucks too and there's a concert at PPG the night before so it's not like it'll be any better if they play Wednesday.

It's supposedly a lot better than it used to be. I remember five-six years ago reading complaints about it after every game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ice aside this is a pretty good 0-0 game. Plenty of chances, they just aren't going in.

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012
This game may give me a heart attack.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Infidel Castro posted:

I hope Nashville scores here on a questionable call and Sullivan can't challenge.

:yeah:

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
The humidity in Nashville has to be horrible right now. They've never had to deal with ice in June.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Five Hole posted:

This game may give me a heart attack.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

whered my pants go

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Grittybeard posted:

Ice aside this is a pretty good 0-0 game. Plenty of chances, they just aren't going in before the ref blows the whistle.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm just assuming he has put money on this series going to 7 and plays like poo poo in Pittsburgh

Maybe Nashville has better whores and opiates, it is Tennessee after all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Er, yeah. That too.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Infidel Castro posted:

I hope Nashville scores here on a questionable call and Sullivan can't challenge.

agree

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Siroc posted:

The humidity in Nashville has to be horrible right now. They've never had to deal with ice in June.

It's relatively good for June right now actually but probably well beyond ideal.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Mind_Taker posted:

I hate unabashed nationalism more than I hate a stupid hockey team.

This right here though.

That's why I have a begrudging like for the Caps. That Muslim girls hockey player they had on their ice, happening right about president pissbabies travel ban bullshit, was phenomenal.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
So, how many power plays is a goal worth? Like how many would you trade a goal for? There's got to be some number. It's probably more than 3, but I feel like we're getting to the point where the bad calls in the Preds favor are soon going to even up on the really bad whistle.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Karnegal posted:

So, how many power plays is a goal worth? Like how many would you trade a goal for? There's got to be some number. It's probably more than 3, but I feel like we're getting to the point where the bad calls in the Preds favor are soon going to even up on the really bad whistle.

Probably 5 or 6.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm still baffled by whoever it was, Olczyk? Who didn't hear the obvious whistle on the non-goal.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I still don't get why people think that was interference on Rinne. I can see nothing in the rulebook that says a goalie can't contact a player in possession of the puck.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

I'm still baffled by whoever it was, Olczyk? Who didn't hear the obvious whistle on the non-goal.

Edzo really does not like the Pens at all

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

marioinblack posted:

I still don't get why people think that was interference on Rinne. I can see nothing in the rulebook that says a goalie can't contact a player in possession of the puck.

He kinda grabbed at him. Be one thing if he just shouldered him but he had the whole free hand (glove?) thing going on there.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Karnegal posted:

Divide one goal by the team's power play conversion rate (as a decimal).

That many.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Thufir posted:

It's relatively good for June right now actually but probably well beyond ideal.

Yeah the humidity isn't awful at all yet. It's pretty nice the last few weeks.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mike Milbury is a temporarily-embarrassed tyrant.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Ginette Reno posted:

Edzo really does not like the Pens at all

He did get run out of town pretty spectacularly. He was a really bad coach.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Karnegal posted:

In this case the bad call directly and unquestionably cost the Preds a goal, so the answer is, as many PPs as it takes for the Preds to score.

e: but once they do they'll start calling tickytack penalties against the Preds so it doesn't look so bad on the scoresheet, because lolnhlrefs.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Eric the Mauve posted:

In this case the bad call directly and unquestionably cost the Preds a goal, so the answer is, as many PPs as it takes for the Preds to score.

With the Preds PP, probably not enough time in the game :(

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Raylen posted:

He did get run out of town pretty spectacularly. He was a really bad coach.

Bad coach spectacularly bad team. Not a good combo.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
All I have to say is that it is 0-0 going into period 3 of game 6. I really want the Preds to loving pull this off, but goddamn hockey rules either way.

*i reserve the right To get belligerently drunk if shot goes pittsburghs way*

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Thufir posted:

With the Preds PP, probably not enough time in the game :(

Don't be too surprised if the Preds get a 5-on-3 around the halfway mark if they haven't scored by then.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I would like Nashville to score and then win the game

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Ginette Reno posted:

Bad coach spectacularly bad team. Not a good combo.

Even a young Sidney Crosby couldn't save him

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

*i reserve the right To get belligerently drunk if shot goes pittsburghs way*

No one would blame you.

I'm the same but opposite team.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Shania Twain is a proud drunk Canadian on Hockey Night In Canada right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sidney Crosby's first NHL coach was Ed Olczyk. That lasted about 3 months and then Olczyk was fired and replaced with: Michel Therrien.

That Crosby developed into the best player in the world anyway is the surest proof that he is one of the best ever

• Locked thread