Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hunt11 posted:

Also did anybody else find Mycen as a complete rear end in a top hat?

There's only so much they can do with Gaiden's initial plot featuring Rudolf as Valentia's shittiest dad (and now Uncle, too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is there a way to get more then the one pitchfork? i have all 3 mila's bounties but i only got one from one of them. ideally id like at least want one for both armies.

dont suggest anything that requires me to pay real money, lest i deliver an own so fierce you'll never dare post again

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The next Mila's Bounty (whenever it's released) will give one and the last one after that will give another one. 3 total including the one you have already.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ah ok. when people mentioned there being three pitchforks i didnt realize they were talking about unreleased dlc as well.

thanks

also gently caress fire emblem's dlc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least the pitchfork dlc is free. otoh the one that gives a second one was supposed to be out on the 8th.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lucas raised through the merc line is disgusting, jfc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cake Attack posted:

*literal no stat character* raised through the merc line is disgusting, jfc

Fixed.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah but theres a difference between 39 HP, 17 Atk and 13 Def, versus 52 HP, 25 atk, 25 def, and the latter isn't even in dread fighter yet

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Cake Attack posted:

yeah but theres a difference between 39 HP, 17 Atk and 13 Def, versus 52 HP, 25 atk, 25 def, and the latter isn't even in dread fighter yet

:staredog:

I definitely wanna have Lukas and Forsyth go Dread Fighter, but I'm probably gonna mix it up on who the third one goes to.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mae makes an insanely good cav or peg.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Oh yeah I forgot you said that. Guess that's my third pick!

It's awesome that Attack works for both melee and magic.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I gave Mae one of the brave swords and she just took off even more combatwise; she's probably stronger than Celica

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mages are too useful, or more accurately, Seraphim is way too powerful to let go since Mae is still the best non-Celica mage in the game. There's also a pretty large gap between her and the next one which is....Sonya?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eh, I'd say Delthea is decently better than Mae. She's basically got the same type of glass cannon growths, except better, and she comes on Alm's route where mages are in much more limited supply - especially good ones - so there's far less competition than Celica's for relevant items. Thus her only real issue, lack of a Range 3 spell, is easily fixed with a Mage Ring since she's by far the best choice for it on that route. That significantly better base resistance certainly doesn't hurt either.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Priestess is a very good class held back only by the insistence of jank that demands the class doesn't gain an additional point of move.

God do I miss Berserkers.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tae posted:

Mages are too useful, or more accurately, Seraphim is way too powerful to let go since Mae is still the best non-Celica mage in the game. There's also a pretty large gap between her and the next one which is....Sonya?

Well Pegasus Knights still do extra damage to Terrors, even if it's not as strong as Seraphim on that front, but on the other hand Peg!Mae won't get bogged down by all the swamps in Celica's Act 4.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Celica, Mae, and Delthea are all really good and held back by the fact you only get two Mage Rings.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Eh, I'd say Delthea is decently better than Mae. She's basically got the same type of glass cannon growths, except better, and she comes on Alm's route where mages are in much more limited supply - especially good ones - so there's far less competition than Celica's for relevant items. Thus her only real issue, lack of a Range 3 spell, is easily fixed with a Mage Ring since she's by far the best choice for it on that route. That significantly better base resistance certainly doesn't hurt either.

Delthea isn't on Celica's route, though.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Luthier is the better mage anyway :can:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Echoes Act 2 is like the opposite of janky. It's very polished, well made and everything works properly pretty much all the time. Janky and occasionally poorly designed are not the same thing.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im not sure if they expected people to just trade the one mage ring along a line casters but boy howdy is it useful

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

ROFL Octopus posted:

:staredog:

I definitely wanna have Lukas and Forsyth go Dread Fighter, but I'm probably gonna mix it up on who the third one goes to.

My strategy for every single map in the second half of the game:
1. Warp Lukas and/or Gray into the middle of the enemies
2. End turn

dukerson
Dec 28, 2012
maybe this is me being short-sighted but talking about how game-breaking certain people are with a pitchfork seems to be like... the whole point? it's an item that breaks the difficulty curve of the game, of course it's going to turn whoever you give it to into a god of death.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Actually that's dreadfighters in general... for whatever reason (seriously though, anyone know why?) they can promote back to villager so can theoretically get infinite statups. Doing it with a knight just gives you a headstart.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Avalerion posted:

Actually that's dreadfighters in general... for whatever reason (seriously though, anyone know why?) they can promote back to villager so can theoretically get infinite statups. Doing it with a knight just gives you a headstart.

It was a glitch in the original game that they decided to carry over. They did the same with Clerics being able to kill the final boss.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

dukerson posted:

maybe this is me being short-sighted but talking about how game-breaking certain people are with a pitchfork seems to be like... the whole point? it's an item that breaks the difficulty curve of the game, of course it's going to turn whoever you give it to into a god of death.

Everybody’s game-breaking with the pitchfork because... well, dead fighters are gods of death already.

But knights are just extra super crazy broken because dread fighter neatly patches over all of their faults (move, speed, resistance) with no downside, so they become unkillable monsters. And that’s great

Vakal
May 11, 2008

CORN NOG posted:

My strategy for every single map in the second half of the game:
1. Warp Lukas and/or Gray into the middle of the enemies
2. End turn

Nah, step 2 is to use Fae's pysche to heal them up and then you end the turn.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

Vakal posted:

Nah, step 2 is to use Fae's pysche to heal them up and then you end the turn.

That’s assuming anything could even scratch Lukas

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

CORN NOG posted:

That’s assuming anything could even scratch Lukas

Let me tell you about piercing 30 might ranged attacks

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Supremezero posted:

It was a glitch in the original game that they decided to carry over. They did the same with Clerics being able to kill the final boss.

Wait, what now?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Last Celebration posted:

Wait, what now?

Normally, only Alm can kill the final boss, but a glitch let's Nosferatu bypass the immunity.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

I don't think dread fighters promoting back into villagers is a glitch. the mercenaries had unique spell lists even in og gaiden.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Echoes Act 2 is like the opposite of janky. It's very polished, well made and everything works properly pretty much all the time. Janky and occasionally poorly designed are not the same thing.

echoes act 2 is pretty strong but it only really lasted koichi one fight and even after he got act 3 he still didn't have much of an opportunity to make a major showcase of his powers

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
koichi just exists to mug at the camera and go "buuuuuh!" when anyone does anything which is why he and echoes never really matter

is there a list somewhere of when which supports unlock for everyone, i checked the wiki and serenes but couldn't immediately see anything so i gave up

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Seagull posted:

is there a list somewhere of when which supports unlock for everyone, i checked the wiki and serenes but couldn't immediately see anything so i gave up

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/support-bonus/

Is this what you're looking for? Shows the actual bonus stats they get and which acts they become available

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

eggrolled posted:

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/support-bonus/

Is this what you're looking for? Shows the actual bonus stats they get and which acts they become available

yeah cheers, the from act column is basically exactly what i was looking for

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

No prob! Yeah it's not super obvious that's where that info is.

I find it a little funny that whenever a new act starts, each army just wants to chat with each other during battle because all the new ranks become available :v: I get why they limit the ranks to specific acts, but eh.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I'm surprised they didn't make any DLC that let us use some of the enemy only classes, whether through new characters or an item like the pitchfork. It would have been a lot cooler than the overclasses which are just straight upgrades with no new gameplay possibilities. It would have been nice to get the "mage but slow and tanky" Archanist/Cantor line or a Brigand so we could use that Devil Axe for something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wish there was _____ Scramble DLC so more of the cast can just chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the saunion cant attack at 1 range?

ive made a huge mistake

• Locked thread