Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

eonwe posted:

who is going to play this on the XBox One S, and who is going to have a superior gaming experience on the XBox One X

PlayStation the Fourth Professional edition, bithc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
X box one X will be my third Xbox one and each one will be attached to another tv so that I may destiny anywhere in the house

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AAB posted:

hell ya???

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

AAB posted:

moist turtleneck posted:

X box one X will be my third Xbox one and each one will be attached to another tv so that I may destiny anywhere in the house

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:rip: QuickDraw, blink was already dead etc

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I played Destiny 1 on PS4 but am switching to BoneX for Destiny 2, I hope I made the right choice

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good. Bladedancer was rediculous in yr1.

I like what theyre doing with class balance. Its a little shallow but its going to result in way less aids builds like viking funeral/touch of flame was and blink/qd was in yr1.

Everythings being pushed to be gunskill rather than rock paper scissors by ability and thats good imo.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Anthem looks cool but does it have orbs? No it does not.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My enjoyment of Anthem is dependent on how much flavor text is in it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

But are there Grimoire Cards?

HMM?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
anthem is phantasy star online for 2018 2019

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Legs Benedict posted:

anthem is phantasy star online The Division for 2018 2019

FTFY

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
man i can't wait for more of this in destiny 2

http://i.imgur.com/qSxoZrF.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

super macho dude posted:

Anthem looks cool but does it have orbs? No it does not.

It might

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A list of destiny-killers errors that killed these killlers:
The division:
- open world not replayable (dont level with you, can only kill miniboss once)
- missions uninspired?
- balance out of wack in a game with open ffa
- the raid was bad and boring and shortist
- very littel high end gear options?
- the lack of skirmish pvp?

Wildlands
- no raid or dungeons, only open world activities
- bug filled with fun bugs making the game into a circus
- only one class, so everybody can play like everybody, not structure
- too big, the collectatron never ends, the map is ginormeous

The Division failed because tried to be mmo lite, but the mmo lite elements where terrybad.
Wildlands never had these elements and instead do something different with the game.

Is not easy to make a destiny killer.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

wintrrmute posted:

are you saying destiny is not owned?

Are you guys saying that destiny is not gay?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's nothing gay about taking my mates orbs after hes done fisting dudes so I can pop some golden shots.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I want gay-themed gear in D2. Moctezuma-Polyphonic is only a half measure. Give Hunters a pride flag cape, a pride flag mark for Titans and...uh, a holographic dildo armband for Warlocks.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
So apparently there are only 2 modes for PvP for D2. Quick and Competitive.

Quick has control clash wtc.

Competitive has countdown and... elim? Seems odd

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Games > Destiny 2 Console Thread: thanks to the new pvp this thread will be dead 4 months in the game as well.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Maybe it's going to handle pvp like overwatch did during it's 1st few months? weekly extra pvp mode that changes?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Sefal posted:

Maybe it's going to handle pvp like overwatch did during it's 1st few months? weekly extra pvp mode that changes?

No guys, I should totally stay in a game that handles pvp like overwatch instead of playing just overwatch because

edit: at least can you choose between the mode you want or are you stuck playing a random mode between control and a poo poo mode for noobs?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

Makes sense to me. Countdown is basically Counterstrike and elimination was used for Trials.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sefal posted:

Anything related to that thing can suck my gently caress.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The biggest problem with the division is that the setting is loving horrible

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Menstrual Show posted:

what's wrong with Trump's America?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

Is horrible in a good way if you like walking simulators.

The north area of the dark zone is the most amazing area in any game ever made. Dead is almost something you can walk through with a machete. The dread feeling is intoxicating.
All the game have unnamed piles of dead people. Dead if present everywhere. But on the north of the dark zone it has a presence that almost obscure the screen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

A list of destiny-killers errors that killed these killlers:
The division:
- open world not replayable (dont level with you, can only kill miniboss once)
- missions uninspired?
- balance out of wack in a game with open ffa
- the raid was bad and boring and shortist
- very littel high end gear options?
- the lack of skirmish pvp?

All of these massive (lol) errors have been addressed and get this, it's actually good now.

The Division was fatally flawed at the start for those reasons and more, but god drat it if the dark zone wasn't pure and magical adrenaline when it first game out.

The only real remaining problem with the Division, and it's a big one, is that the core pvp control mechanics are still messed up. Too much of the fighting is face tanking or dancing around in the open. The dev has at least finally acknowledged it and the last patch killed hipfire accuracy. Not enough on its own but they might actually get there.

But they've added a ton of new replayability to the open world, there's a ton of end game gear now (so much it's possibly overwhelming, thank god they added loadouts and expanded the backpack and stash size significantly), and the new raid thingers are good. They have also added a few new extreme difficulty missions where you fight lmb with souped up AI and those are fun.

The last two dlcs have been a really good standalone survival mode and a discrete 8v8 pvp mode. Both are extremely good.

They are also releasing two new free PvE content drops, one that's a bit more mechanical and has stuff like seasons and modifiers that's coming soon, and a big one a bit later that supposedly has actually new story stuff, they have likened it to The Taken King in scope.

Anyway because destiny is sleeping for a few months, if you have the Division give it one more chance, imho just imho.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

Is horrible in a good way if you like walking simulators.

The north area of the dark zone is the most amazing area in any game ever made. Dead is almost something you can walk through with a machete. The dread feeling is intoxicating.
All the game have unnamed piles of dead people. Dead if present everywhere. But on the north of the dark zone it has a presence that almost obscure the screen.

This is also extremely true. You're talking about the new DZ07-09 right? I assume you are.

Everyone else- if you've only seen DZ06 then you're in for a treat with the recent DZ expansion.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is also extremely true. You're talking about the new DZ07-09 right? I assume you are.

Everyone else- if you've only seen DZ06 then you're in for a treat with the recent DZ expansion.

I think the biggest issue is the gun play. hide behind this traffic cone, look up, plink a guy 60 times in the head, reload

exhilarating

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

wintrrmute posted:

I think the biggest issue is the gun play. hide behind this traffic cone, look up, plink a guy 60 times in the head, reload

exhilarating

Is not really very different than Destiny. But in destiny you have trash mobs that dies with a single shot of the sniper or the shotgun. And the weapons are more fun, because are varied and some do cool things.

In The Division they could have toyed with the idea of silent kills. Make the more powerful weapons make you visible in the radar for everyone. Make so some enemies have a helmet that waste your first shot and give them time to hide.

The Division is kind of fun in areas where the NPC's danger is similar to players danger. so you have your eyes scanning everything all the time.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
So I'm a PS4 guy that bought Destiny at launch, got to level 20 and became supremely bored sometime in 2014 and haven't touched it until yesterday. I bought Taken King and Rise of Iron, and got all the goodies that came with it like the boost to 25 and 40.

But uhhhh how the gently caress do I Destiny anymore? I started a new character (Titan whatup) and got to level 8. Can someone give me a link to a quick guide that tells me "Hey rear end in a top hat, do these things" to make sure I can get caught up and know what to do? There's an infinitely larger amount of things to do now than there was when I last played and I got so overwhelmed that I nearly quit again to wait for Destiny 2, but I wanna shootmans and level up with cool guns.

Also for some reason my level 8, 41 LL Titan was getting his poo poo pushed in against the first Strike bosses (the big scorpion walker dude and the following Sepkis guy) despite having two other people playing. Maybe we're all just bad? Even with hitting all the weak points and knowing the strategies, we could barely down the walker robot and couldn't manage to kill Sepkis because our damage was just abysmally low.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

wintrrmute posted:

exhilarating

That's less of an issue when you have an optimized build.

Part of the big problem with the Division is that I don't think the setting and environment of a tom Clancy game fully meshes with diablo style loot mechanics, at least in terms of player expectations for a large part of the population.

It is a bit incongruent to shoot a guy in the head 100 times with a realistic looking weapon, and the first reaction is "uh that's not how irl poo poo works" rather than "oh I need an +1 mp5 navy of wizardry" even though the latter is how the game works.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

But uhhhh how the gently caress do I Destiny anymore?

play the story and all the quest things to get to level 40 and ~340 light. Then do strikes and crucible to get marks and get packs from vendors to incrementally get to 390ish. Vanguard and other rank packs can yield 400 light gear which will max you out. If you're on PS4, theres a couple of people in the PGS thread I think who are in a similar boat. Post there and I'm sure you'll find someone on your schedule who is willing to help you through all the necessary content.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

HonorableTB posted:

But uhhhh how the gently caress do I Destiny anymore?

The in-game guidance has gotten a lot better. At level 8 you should have a bunch of quests already, do what they say and it should lead to level-appropriate missions. The base game content has been retrofitted to lead you through it, Taken King has an enormous number of quests and side missions, and by then you should be ready to start tweaking gear and doing the postgame weekly ritual stuff.

quote:

Maybe we're all just bad?

There are probably some really bad people down at level 8, yeah. You can probably stay out of strikes for a while unless a quest specifically orders you to do one.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

The in-game guidance has gotten a lot better. At level 8 you should have a bunch of quests already, do what they say and it should lead to level-appropriate missions. The base game content has been retrofitted to lead you through it, Taken King has an enormous number of quests and side missions, and by then you should be ready to start tweaking gear and doing the postgame weekly ritual stuff.

There are probably some really bad people down at level 8, yeah. You can probably stay out of strikes for a while unless a quest specifically orders you to do one.

Well, I honestly think part of that is just that the old strikes were never retuned the way they did with all the y2 and y3 versions. So all the bosses in the vanilla versions are still ridiculously bullet spongey, especially the early ones like the devil walker and phogoth. I recently ran through both of those at an appropriately low level and it was a giant pain in the rear end even for an experienced player.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/CGaspur/status/874050839014395904?s=09

Gonna dive with my Iron Man suit deep in that river playing pitfall 2 the Lost caverns

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
"Amazing Bioware story"

Who are we loving in this game and how bipolar will my Ghost be depending on an arbitrary choice made two hours ago

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no way in hell that game will be half as fun as it looks (or good looking on consoles, for that matter) when it releases in 2 years, or possibly longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm not gonna think about that Bioware game for 2 years and then I'm gonna lul a bit when I peek at it again right before release and Mac Walters is project lead and there have bee a few delays to rework core game mechanics and redo the ending.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 12, 2017