Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This is incredible. I don't even care that it required absurd amounts of luck and ridiculous PDO. gently caress it all. So happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

I've waited 52 weeks for this

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Gotta be Malkin doesn't it?
id say crosby. malkins the only other acceptable choice.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

beetlo posted:

So does Murray have a shot at MVP with back to back shutouts?

Friedman tried to vote for Murray and Fleury jointly but was denied, but it'll be Crosby.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Congrats Penguins, I guess, sort of

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Tom Sestito has won his second Stanley Cup.

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Just because you can't post toot toot toot, doesn't mean you should continue posting garbage.

Toot toot toot.

While I may be being a bit of a poo poo. I obeyed the mod in the previous thread. And the team I support is the grand champions, two years running.

If the mod is fair, and I do not do it again, I'm sure I am safe. So we shall see. :salt::salt::salt:

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
YARD SALE!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Hockey is bad and should feel bad.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

Nashville gonna lose on that lovely quick whistle in the first

Nashville lost because the first home game they weren't clearly the better team was the one they needed to win.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
This is the worst team to win a Stanley Cup right? They got outplayed for the majority of their playoff games.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I hope the Conn Smythe is actually deserved this year at least

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
lol Phil Kessel has two cups

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

What's the PAS complaint going to be? They didn't win in 5 or 7 to do it at home?

hahahahahahahah

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

CBJSprague24 posted:

The most undeserved Cup win I've seen as a fan. I don't give a gently caress if that comes off as salty. They rode a hot goalie until he sucked, then got the good goalie back, were grossly outperformed in games frequently, did just enough to win.

I actually have to agree that this is the luckiest Cup run I have ever seen by any team. If the 03 Ducks had won the Cup that's the only thing I can even remember that would be close.

I wasn't surprised at all when the Caps somehow managed to poo poo all over themselves against the Penguins because that's what the Caps have been doing since the Reagan administration. But I can't believe this loving Letang-less team playing Hainsey and Maatta 20 minutes a game won the loving Stanley Cup.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Well I guess it's a good thing I'm done with the NHL right as the season ends, so I can sucker myself into watching this garbo again next year.

Amazing hockey of the Final overshadowed by everything else. Here's hoping Pens fans can recognize how hosed everything looks to non-fans but congrats yinzer scum

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

We'll never win it at home :(

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
gently caress the Penguins beyond all physical and theoretical restraints of time and space and may they burn in hell forever.

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012
BAD GUYS WON! I"m happy as a pig in poo poo!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i don't even care if they cancel sports

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sorry Preds fans. I've been to a lot of your games and your team owns. Feel bad for Thufir and Mich, but also happy.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Holy loving poo poo!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Friedman tried to vote for Murray and Fleury jointly but was denied, but it'll be Crosby.
why did he try that. what did he hope to say or accomplish

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Now begins the 30 year Vegas reign

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Ron Hanisey is a Stanley Cup Champion!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Alternatively, the whole goddamn country got to see a motherfucker of a hockey city in Nashville, who own hardcore.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
That ref that called off the goal should be the first guy to hoist the Cup

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

i am the bird posted:

lol Phil Kessel has two cups

What a great trade

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
CAN YOU REPEAT THAT?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Matt Murray has led his team to two cups and is still a rookie

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Incidentally this is also my favorite Pens team ever because there were at least 12 different spots in this playoff run where if Bylsma were still coaching them they would have quit. They just never quit, it's been amazing to watch.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

OldSenileGuy posted:

That ref that called off the goal should be the first guy to hoist the Cup

i'm with this fuckin guy

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Grittybeard posted:

Gotta be Malkin doesn't it?

Gonna give it to Sid, I bet

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

geeves posted:

We'll never win it at home :(
condolences

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Toss up on who MVP is imo. I'd say Crosby

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Stretch Marx posted:

Hockey is bad and should feel bad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tim Whatley posted:

Alternatively, the whole goddamn country got to see a motherfucker of a hockey city in Nashville, who own hardcore.

Not really, they let the bad guys win.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

GobiasIndustries posted:

That early whistle cost Nashville this game and that sucks, I'm sorry Nashville fans :(

But then the refs gave them four chances to get it back. They couldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mage_Boy posted:

Ron Hanisey is a Stanley Cup Champion!

Ron Hainsey gets to retire as a Stanley Cup champion! :dance:

• Locked thread