Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Also Meeke has been sidelined by Citroen after binning it yet again.

When he crashed I accused the motor racing website I was posting on of writing that headline ahead of the rally to save time.

I've understood Meeke, he's basically Colin McRae minus the speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Mercedes are cheaters, thats the only way they can beat the glorious Scuderia Ferrari. It must be the british part of the team I hate the british so much they are all ugly and fat and have bad teeth and eat boiled horse meat I hope russia nukes that country because I hate them so much gently caress britain.

Top driving by my boy Sebastian Vettel.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's true. Perez Rosberg is a good driver but he is not a champion, and the only way I'd ever see him winning is if the circumstances were perfect.

Fixed that to apply to 2016 for you :D

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

track day bro! posted:

Mercedes are cheaters, thats the only way they can beat the glorious Scuderia Ferrari. It must be the british part of the team I hate the british so much they are all ugly and fat and have bad teeth and eat boiled horse meat I hope russia nukes that country because I hate them so much gently caress britain.

I've never intentionally eaten horse meat.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

SEB. VET. SCUD. STUD.

That is all.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I think it's pretty cool that Stroll got points. He drove a good race.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
From May 2nd:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Lance Stroll will get points before Alonso does.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
SCUD DUD PFFFT

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:smith:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dubs posted:

SCUD DUD PFFFT

Lol @ this post from some salty brit, go back to your home in woostershire sauce and eat some boiled horse meat with your bad teeth. Vettel is the best and Mercedes are cheats.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Holy Cheese posted:

I ate raw horse meat in a Japanese restaurant, tasted like beef, not worth the price.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
i mean why would an american expect russia by bomb a us ally

oh wait

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Holy Cheese posted:

https://twitter.com/eedrk/status/872955951292104704

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

So after my huge BRITISH SUNDAY LUNCH I fell asleep during the safety car period.
I then tried to watch the Ch.4 highlights and fell asleep sometime around lap 45.
(take this as a review of the race to that point)
Is there a period of laps worth watching given I know the result?

Also max is amazing.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
lap 68

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

btw, I watched the race at a friend's house and his housemate became a fan. :3:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Minto Took posted:

btw, I watched the race at a friend's house and his housemate became a fan. :3:

What kind of witchcraft does that?

e: dad joke I apologize.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Holy Cheese posted:

What kind of witchcraft does that?

e: dad joke I apologize.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

:agreed:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What's this angriness about Mercedes? The Germans win because the Germans are the best engineers and run the best teams and deserve to run the world. If only top German Super Seb drove for Mercedes and if only the car itself was built in Germany, no other team would ever win another race.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Lotta brithish nationalism itt

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

GramCracker posted:

Lotta brithish nationalism itt

Now we know where the UKIP voters went.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Here's some article about Paddy Lowe feeling like it was literally a race win for Lance to even score some points. That's not the point. This bit is.

quote:

Stroll's ongoing struggles earlier in the weekend had prompted some intense talks between Lowe and the Canadian driver's father Lawrence in Williams offices on Saturday evening.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-stroll-first-points-felt-like-win-williams-917709/

Daaaddddd..... DDDDDDAAAAADDDDDDDDD!!!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Getting points is a nice feel good for him but there is no way he should be failing to get out of Q1 while Massa is putting that car into Q3. Other new drivers don't have the same massive gap in results from their teammate that he has had all season long.

I honestly think he has had a few spots of bad luck in a few races but he has just been slow in general.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yah, Massa has been utilizing maybe 80% of that car's performance. Stroll is roughly -20%.

These numbers were very precisely attained using a highly scientific method.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

Yah, Massa has been utilizing maybe 80% of that car's performance. Stroll is roughly -20%.

More accuracy than a Honda test rig

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Top 5 is super close.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Here's some article about Paddy Lowe feeling like it was literally a race win for Lance to even score some points. That's not the point. This bit is.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-stroll-first-points-felt-like-win-williams-917709/

Daaaddddd..... DDDDDDAAAAADDDDDDDDD!!!

Great job using his Mercedes engine's 20 km/h advantage on the straights to blow past the Hondas. Truly the mark of a future WDC.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lauda Cars is the team we need but Colon GP is the team we deserve

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Stroll wdc 2018.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ShitcLaren has been underperforming in recent races, much like the real ShitcLaren.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Basticle posted:

Top 5 is super close.

I was already pretty bad in this thing, but I really lost a lot of points on this race.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

This is what Happens when drivers get pushed up way too early. Verstappen and Vettel did great but there are countless examples of guys been thrown in at a young age and having their careers destroyed (Thackwell being the ost tragic of these.)

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Basticle posted:

Top 5 is super close.

that game sort of blows this year as you can't see each other's picks or round by round winners. meh.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Keyser_Soze posted:

that game sort of blows this year as you can't see each other's picks or round by round winners. meh.

I am very fortunate to be in second.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Getting points is a nice feel good for him but there is no way he should be failing to get out of Q1 while Massa is putting that car into Q3. Other new drivers don't have the same massive gap in results from their teammate that he has had all season long.

I honestly think he has had a few spots of bad luck in a few races but he has just been slow in general.

I'm saving all of my disdain for Palmer at the moment. Stroll gets a free pass until Palmer gets removed from the Renault.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stroll is a lot worse in a much better car.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Basticle posted:

Top 5 is super close.

Climbing the ladder into 9th, and I'm not even setting my predictions. :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think Vettel got lucky they had a SC when he had to change his nose out. He's likely very close to a lap down if it wasn't for that.

• Locked thread