Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The Last Night looks really aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

For what it's worth, that Last Night guy says he's changed and that his game isn't pro gamergate or whatever:

https://twitter.com/timsoret/status/874112197923717121

https://twitter.com/timsoret/status/874112392967274496
He's talking out of his rear end and not directly addressing the criticisms being levied. Looking forward to seeing the game's tortured narrative play out in terrible ways on YouTube.

edit: "You see I portray UBI or male contraception as evil, so I'm not supporting regressive ideas, obviously." - this guy, probably

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 12, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kashuno posted:

That video was sad :smith: e3 the feels stream

Kinda like people accusing Far Cry 5 being an attack on the average American because Christians are bad

I wonder if gamegators will ever look at the fact they are identifying with crazy oppressive cults and actually 1940s future Nazis and have a "are we the baddies?" realization moment

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wonder if gamegators will ever look at the fact they are identifying with crazy oppressive cults and actually 1940s future Nazis and have a "are we the baddies?" realization moment

I can save you the wonder: no

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Comrade Fakename posted:

For what it's worth, that Last Night guy says he's changed and that his game isn't pro gamergate or whatever:

Uh-huh, sure. I like the 3 hour gap between posts 1 and 2

But it IS still about the nightmarish world of Basic Universal Income and possibly male contraceptive pills

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Comrade Fakename posted:

https://twitter.com/timsoret/status/874112197923717121

https://twitter.com/timsoret/status/874112392967274496

Sucks that you can easily screenshot a tweet and it'll exist forever, so you can never actually pretend you didn't say dumb poo poo :(

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Notch-oval office-Tweet.jpg

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
So this is the new gamergate/social issues in viedo gaems thread? If so boy do I have some posts for you

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Gone homo wasn't a game, guys

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Uh-huh, sure. I like the 3 hour gap between posts 1 and 2

But it IS still about the nightmarish world of Basic Universal Income and possibly male contraceptive pills

That three hour gap happened cause after he tweeted point 1 Microsoft's community manager tweeted back "2.?" and he went completely silent for three hours lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For side by side comparison. Note that the sony chart is e3 only (they do ps expo too) and seems to be missing some titles as well like dqb and woff according to univbee

Its really a total abdication on ms' part of its role in 1st party dev

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Gone homo wasn't a game, guys

This take is so hot my phone melted trying to load the post.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dr. VooDoo posted:

please realize that in a society where it's okay to kill people for having poo poo opinions, you would probably be dead within an hour

Trump supporters would probably kill everyone even tangentially related to this forum

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

GAME SOCIAL COMMENTARY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrKd0fM1CY

Choplifter is a commodore 64 game where we pilot a chopper. Our mission in every level is to save a amount of civilians, and avoid the attack of other copters, jets and tanks.

To save people, first we have to shot at their house with the vulcan in the front of our chopper. We can also bomb their house from the air. This force the civilians to exit their house.

The we land, and the civilians will run towards the chopper. We can't save them all, so don't destroy more houses that are necessary.

When our chopper is full, we travel back to the base, we land, and we deploy the civilians.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 12, 2017

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

WHY ARENT YOU WATCHING DEVOLVER

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823445

day 2

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Psychedelicatessen posted:

The Devolver conference is like a live action shitpost and it may be the best thing at this E3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So, something that wasn't brought up in the Wolfenstein II trailer is that they have a Collector's Edition with a 1970's-esque 'B.J. "Terror-Billy" Blazkowicz Action Figure'. It can be yours for the price of $170AU! :retrogames:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Devolver conference is like a live action shitpost and it may be the best thing at this E3

The most amazing/bizarre thing about this is somebody paid a lot of money to make this happen

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

Sucks that you can easily screenshot a tweet and it'll exist forever, so you can never actually pretend you didn't say dumb poo poo :(

I love that people openly support a Silicon Valley controlled Panopticon monstrosity where growing up and evolving your views like an adult is actively punished with mob mentality snark

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

if you apologize and own up without offering excuses then most people will just be done caring

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So, something that wasn't brought up in the Wolfenstein II trailer is that they have a Collector's Edition with a 1970's-esque 'B.J. "Terror-Billy" Blazkowicz Action Figure'. It can be yours for the price of $170AU! :retrogames:

Fuuuuuuck I'm gonna end up getting this

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

eonwe posted:

if you apologize and own up without offering excuses then most people will just be done caring

lol no

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Apologies if this has been asked before but is there a summary of reveals/highlights anywhere in this thread? I just discovered this and I fear I won't get through all 200 pages before the end of today when I asked this same question in the 2nd thread.

:unsmith:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Apologies if this has been asked before but is there a summary of reveals/highlights anywhere in this thread? I just discovered this and I fear I won't get through all 200 pages before the end of today when I asked this same question in the 2nd thread.

:unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Taintrunner posted:

I love that people openly support a Silicon Valley controlled Panopticon monstrosity where growing up and evolving your views like an adult is actively punished with mob mentality snark

Yeah, I'm repeatedly glad that I don't have any online presence under my own name, just bad posts in dead & gay web forums.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ya

DeusExIgnis
Aug 21, 2014

Infinitum posted:

New Mario x Rabbids leak

please don't dox me thx

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

eonwe posted:

not universally true, but it emboldens people who already agree with you to begin with, and there's no shortage of shitheads

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Taintrunner posted:

Uh didn't the tweet he delete literally get posted yesterday, the thing about how the game is about if FEMINISM took over or whatever

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 12, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

He's free to actually offer up how his views have "evolved" both before and after his big project gets shown off to the world. He's done neither.

Also congratulations on invoking his Panopticon nonsense in your defense of his lovely behavior.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm on board for Kirby Souls.

Kirby, Devourer of Gods

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I'm going to play the videogame called "The Last Night" and kill Out-of-Control Feminists.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

wow they did a pretty good job fixing up frau engel's jaw

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Grey Fox posted:

He's free to actually offer up how his views have "evolved" both before and after his big project gets shown off to the world. He's done neither.

Also congratulations on invoking his Panopticon nonsense in your defense of his lovely behavior.

The problem is that there is no possibility now for anyone to have a fresh start. Everything you say will live forever to haunt you.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

ive been watching from the start and im gonna take it to the end

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Byolante posted:

The problem is that there is no possibility now for anyone to have a fresh start. Everything you say will live forever to haunt you.
He can literally explain how his views have evolved. That's a thing he can do. He is not doing that. He (or whoever is now in charge of approving his tweets) knows any further detail will stick his foot right back in his mouth, so he's saying as little as possible.

This does not happen if your views have ACTUALLY EVOLVED.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has Geoff ever publicly acknowledged the whole Doritos Pope thing?

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/741743186477907968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Grey Fox posted:

He can literally explain how his views have evolved. That's a thing he can do. He is not doing that. He (or whoever is now in charge of approving his tweets) knows any further detail will stick his foot right back in his mouth, so he's saying as little as possible.

This does not happen if your views have ACTUALLY EVOLVED.

They're gaslighting you with fake apologies and getting free marketing lol.

• Locked thread