Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What's this angriness about Mercedes? The Germans win because the Germans are the best engineers and run the best teams and deserve to run the world. If only top German Super Seb drove for Mercedes and if only the car itself was built in Germany, no other team would ever win another race.

The germans employ cheating fat ugly british engineers who eat boiled horse meat sandwiches. Unlike the glorious Scuderia Ferrari who only employ hardworking honest Italian engineers who would never stoop so low to cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hard working pasta eating Italians

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ferrari have never cheated, whereas almost every team that has had british involvement has been caught cheating.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

Ferrari have never cheated, whereas almost every team that has had british involvement has been caught cheating.

This is definitely true, also they british teams and personnel smell bad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

iospace posted:

I think Vettel got lucky they had a SC when he had to change his nose out. He's likely very close to a lap down if it wasn't for that.

For once Ferrari got a safety car strategy correct.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

track day bro! posted:

They did get punched in the dick four straight years though by Ford at Le Mans :smug:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Seems like Vettel also caught up to the cars in front of him during the VSC, which I didn't think would be possible.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
I thought he changed noses right after the SC, so it was maybe not as bad as it could've been, but still pretty bad compared to coming in right as the SC was deployed.

e:

iospace posted:

They did get punched in the dick four straight years though by Ford at Le Mans :smug:

I was on a way too long flight a few weeks ago and they had the documentary The 24 Hour War on the plane, highly recommended. Lots of footage from those years, lots of interviews, etc. Only problem was that it ended and I still had 12 hours left :(

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 12, 2017

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Basticle posted:

Top 5 is super close.

I'm surprised I got any points at all after forgetting to set my predictions, still had Ferrari 1-2 set from Monarco.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Climbing the ladder into 9th, and I'm not even setting my predictions. :c00lbert:

Doing nothing beats Ferrari race strategy, checks out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

See the problem with Ferrari is even if they do come up with a strategy it's usually bad

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

RACIST

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Ferrari were a true Italian team the car would be covered in graffiti.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

wicka posted:

If Ferrari were a true Italian team the car would be covered in graffiti.

If Ferrari were a true Italian team the car would never leave the garage provided it could even get from the factory to the garage in the first place.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

If Ferrari were a true Italian team the car would never leave the garage provided it could even get from the factory to the garage in the first place.

If Ferrari were a true Italian team there wouldn't even be a car just a half drawn rough figure of a car under some engineer's prosciutto roll while his mom is yelling at him to move out of the house he's 55 years old for god's sake!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

*casually drops a link*

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823455

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
what is this bullshit

who the gently caress has ever met a hard working italian

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

On the subject of Le Mans, it's been mentioned in here previously but here's a link to the Amazon series about it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716P6SL4/

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dubs posted:

what is this bullshit

who the gently caress has ever met a hard working italian

*is about to make impassioned complaint*

*realizes that he's posting on an internet forum at work*

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

On the subject of Le Mans, it's been mentioned in here previously but here's a link to the Amazon series about it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716P6SL4/

I plowed through this over the weekend, it was pretty great! I wish they got more in to the cars themselves but I think it would lose some appeal to the general viewer. Anyone know when the F1 series is going to be done?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Max isn't happy: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-news-verstappen-season-crap-917842/

inb4 "Max Vercrappen". You've been warned.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

iospace posted:

Max isn't happy: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-news-verstappen-season-crap-917842/

inb4 "Max Vercrappen". You've been warned.

Good.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I've quite enjoyed this season. Sorry Max, but it's good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I want Max and Stroll to collide

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

Jos Verstappen son posted:

'The start was great. I think it was the best start that they ever had at Red Bull, so that was good.'

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I like Max now. Having seen some behind the scenes sort of poo poo he's atually a pretty funny kid. Good on him.

Lance, though, is puss oozing out of a diabetic's necrotic foot hole smeared on the side of the Williams robbing Hulkenberg of his real home.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be fair i don't think Jos thinks a lot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Max is going to be in a Ferrari next year

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

In the side of one

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks Ants posted:

In the side of one

This already has happened.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
why would ferrari take verstappen over ricciardo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dubs posted:

why would ferrari take verstappen over ricciardo

Why would the most petulant team take the most petulant driver?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A bogan isn't the image Ferrari are after

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Espresso sipping mother fuckers

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota

Thanks Ants posted:

A bogan isn't the image Ferrari are after

But some terrifying frog-man hybrid is? I think most of Ferrari's clientele can afford cosmetic surgery to correct the inconveniences of genetics.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Nice interview with Patrick Head who I've never actually ever seen so cheerful before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx-xJsDM1Ww

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frog man would be cool in Ferrari. Stop crashing into Vettel, you son of a bitch.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Max in a good car = WDC = 1500quid melts down = good worst thread moments

Really there's nothing to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It'd be funny to see how quickly me and ScudCrew turn into Big Max's biggest fans.

• Locked thread