Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
and now i play the waiting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's insane how much better the DBZ game looks lol. Like, even ignoring the gameplay (DBZ is 3v3 with assists), all the aesthetic touches like moves and animations being taken right out of the comic are tight. I have zero connection to the Dragonball franchise but I can't wait to try it out.

It is profoundly disappointing that the two franchises (MvCI and Injustice) representing a medium with a billion different art styles to choose from, look like absolute poo poo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Straight from the trailer. Happy thanos for life.

The hero we all deserve.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just cancel the game and spare yourself the embarrassment already.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just cancel the game and spare yourself the embarrassment already.

Re-work it into a new Mega Man Fighting Game.

Already got X, Sigma and a Zero who may or may not be DLC but shows up in the story anyway.

Add Roll and a few others and we got a Power Fighters.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Story is not Capcom's strong suit, why would your E3 trailer feature zero gameplay?

This confirming most of the leak roster + the DBZ reveal has done more to de-hype me for MvCI than I could have expected.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

Story is not Capcom's strong suit, why would your E3 trailer feature zero gameplay?

Given that the gameplay is also bad, they didn't really have any good options.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Gameplay bad. Story bad. Game bad.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Gameplay bad. Story bad. Game bad.

Seconding

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Where Asura

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Those models didn't look great. I say that having accepted KOF14 models as 'fine' pretty early on so... oof.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

why does every character look bad. SFV looks pretty good despite the game itself being a shitshow MvCI looks like it's getting the worst of both worlds.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

fadam posted:

It is profoundly disappointing that the two franchises (MvCI and Injustice) representing a medium with a billion different art styles to choose from, look like absolute poo poo.

This cannot be stated more profoundly or cleanly. It's reassuring that someone else is thinking this other than me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in demo, you play as captain america/megaman, chun li/captain marvel. maximillian is streaming it right now.

holy poo poo with time stone you can dash with time stone and call assist simultaneously and get some dirty loving crossups. it looks like time stone just straight up modifies the dash.

edit: arthur thor next, then rocket/dante

cams fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 13, 2017

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Just gas this game in its loving crib and give all the money to DBZ.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's feels like Injustice, but without any of the Justice.

DBZ Fighters though, hoolleeee poo poo, that looks good.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

Just gas this game in its loving crib and give all the money to DBZ.

i feel like even the fgc's best players are saying that Dbz looks like a true heir to MarvelVsCapcom. I guessing it Marvel probably forced Capcom to make this game look like a loving mobile unity game. MvC3 was beautiful and it had a comic book aesthetic.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they took away the invincibility on bionic arm

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i have a pass for e3 and am plannin on going for at least a couple of the days, was super excited to get my first hands on with mvci

i'll probably be lining up for dbzf

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just found out Nova's in this game.

That's all I cared about 10/10.

Edit: But legit this game looks like an early alpha at best, which worries me immensely.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 13, 2017

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJoVJAjADI

New gameplay trailer, Zero is in but Sougenmou looks changed enough that I'm going to guess that the zoop zoops are either much harder or impossible.

I'm assuming Arthur needs Time Stone to dash

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Why is Black Panther a pre-order bonus

Why do you do this to me Capcom

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Well I guess Dr. Strange not being an incredibly large giant man makes me feel better.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

The new trailer and watching people play the demo and... I guess it looks more like Marvel now. That's about as charitable as I can be.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the demo up?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

fadam posted:

Is the demo up?

I think the people who have it are getting it from their JP/AU/possibly EU PSN accounts.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao their wakanda looks super pre historic while the MCU one is this space age utopia looking thing. Thanos looks like poo poo and that Gamora design is loving god awful and doesn't look like the MCU version at all

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I legitimately thought people were exaggerating when they said Dragonball Z Fighters looked like a better game and a true MvC successor.

After checking out the trailer and watching a gameplay demo, no they were not DBZ Fighters looks loving rad as hell and has completely eclipsed any hype I had for MvCI. Everybody who hasn't watched it needs to get on that, that game looks like it is going to be THE hype fighting game of next year.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Nothing this game has shown has dissuaded me from thinking it would have been a decent mobile/Switch game if not overpriced, but got tossed onto modern systems for $60 bucks because Capcom has no clue what they're doing.

Like between this/SFV/SFxT I don't even want to play the old games. A barcade down the road from me just got Turbo and I passed it up because I'm now that soured on the whole franchise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lythero/status/874479994176753665

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

DPs are hard apparently.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

They kept Bold Move but may have removed Bold Cancel. At minimum you can't BC Stinger in the demo according to Twitter.

E: plink dashing doesn't work and wavedashing is harder/unavailable for some characters

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 13, 2017

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

CubsWoo posted:

They kept Bold Move but may have removed Bold Cancel. At minimum you can't BC Stinger in the demo according to Twitter.

E: plink dashing doesn't work and wavedashing is harder/unavailable for some characters

I was wavedashing just fine, and plinkdashed in flight mode with captain marvel

edit: the game is utter poo poo btw

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/jun/12/new-gameplay-footage-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-official-artwork-cover-screens-and-more/

christ that rocket portrait :stare:

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

this game makes me sad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please don't buy this game. Please please please do not buy this game. I was originally gonna buy it out of morbid curiosity, but this game is a fuckin disgrace and I cannot buy it even to satisfy my perverse nature. It is a terrible video game that does nothing it represents justice and Capcom is gonna try to sell you a 30 dollar season pass with the characters you may actually want in it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the story trailer looked so bad, especially compared to injustice 2 which had great models

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not really an in depth fighting game style person. I understand and sympathize with the concerns people have here.

But there is nothing that will stop me from playing the first game with a playable Mega Man X in it for the first time in ten years.

I'm sure it'll be fine as far as what I want to get out of it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not really an in depth fighting game style person. I understand and sympathize with the concerns people have here.

But there is nothing that will stop me from playing the first game with a playable Mega Man X in it for the first time in ten years.

I'm sure it'll be fine as far as what I want to get out of it goes.

You can't even move while charging your mega buster in this game with X. They managed to gently caress even THAT up.

• Locked thread