Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WHOOPS posted:

As weird as the fixation on women's fashion is in general, I'm pretty sure there were just stories the other day about how Ivanka had a $3000 dress on one day and a $35 dollar dress from Target the next. So, yeah, she doesn't have everything she wears custom-made and sometimes the dresses have unfortunate seam work.

Wasn't she wearing like a 300 dollar dress/shirt thing to play in the garden with her kids in some video a few months back? Am I remembering that derail correctly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Trump is going to end up firing Mueller, isn't he?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shitshow posted:

It is a near certainty.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Shitshow posted:

of course, that's one of the next few levels in his Nixon speed run

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

skylined! posted:

hey just fyi in a year of ample harvest, it's low-hanging rotten fruit to attack a noted horrible person for their clothing and how it sits on their form, especially when that attack involves sexualiszing them

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/874293744442408960

He's Dr. Cox without the talent or the compassion.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shitshow posted:

iirc he can't, but he can ask sessions to

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok now let's go around the room and everyone say something nice about me.

Also I think I could market a Republican Jizz Doll. Also, a bra with little waterproof pockets on the inside so you can store cash in it without your boob sweat getting it all gross.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Shitshow posted:

Part of me wants him to not fire him so the investigation can go smoothly and justly.

But the shitstorm firing him would cause.... good lord.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

i had this sack custom made

during the depression they started selling nicer sacks with the labels washable because they knew people would wear them so much :(

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
While we're at it, can we please stop bodyshaming Trump for being overweight? It's wildly inappropriate, and there are so many things we can legitimately criticize him on without resorting to bodyshaming, which is never okay

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

The weird Kremlinology that some folks are using with regards to Trump firing Sessions is bordering on Freep territory.

WHOOPS posted:

As weird as the fixation on women's fashion is in general, I'm pretty sure there were just stories the other day about how Ivanka had a $3000 dress on one day and a $35 dollar dress from Target the next. So, yeah, she doesn't have everything she wears custom-made and sometimes the dresses have unfortunate seam work.

A lot of that is tied in to the difference between how most people assume the wealthy dress all the time and how, you know, they actually do. If you're wealthy enough to afford bespoke clothing you're not going to be wearing that poo poo all the time. Because they don't have to flaunt their money all the time when they go "gently caress it, I'm going to get a burger".

Which makes Donald slapping his son around for not wearing a suit all the more funny.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Of course Trump wouldn't want Sessions to resign. That takes the power away from Trump.

You can't quit, you're fired!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

i had this sack custom made

And it looks great on you, honey.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Shitshow posted:

Mueller's been so quiet that I don't know how he could justify it at this point.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

during the depression they started selling nicer sacks with the labels washable because they knew people would wear them so much :(

my grandparents tell stories about making clothes out of sugar sacks in the Great Depression, apparently those were nice and soft

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

angel opportunity posted:

While we're at it, can we please stop bodyshaming Trump for being overweight? It's wildly inappropriate, and there are so many things we can legitimately criticize him on without resorting to bodyshaming, which is never okay

Nah the leader of the free world should be personally responsible enough to manage his body weight, especially with the chefs and meal planners at his disposal

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

skylined! posted:

hey just fyi in a year of ample harvest, it's low-hanging rotten fruit to attack a noted horrible person for their clothing and how it sits on their form, especially when that attack involves sexualiszing them

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/874293744442408960

This is how kings of yore acted. Being a lord is hard when you serve a Mad Monarch.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My sack has darts, you sub-plebs. :smuggo:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

We would except he had a fake doctor's note saying how fit he was made up when he was running for President.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

That's difficult because it's such a sort of cinema verite of his horribleness, what with never exercising, eating lovely fast food, and being an all-consuming blob of evil and all that.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

skylined! posted:

iirc he can't, but he can ask sessions to

This was what the Saturday Night Massacre was I think. Nixon fired enough people in the chain of command at DoJ till he found a guy that would quash the Watergate case.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
so outside my office window it's about to start storming. i checked weather.com to see how much time i have to grab lunch and, holy lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shitshow posted:

How will all the republicans who were so thrilled at Mueller's hiring spin that?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

It'd be different if Trump wasn't body-shaming women all the time for being overweight, despite being an obese tub of poo poo himself.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

botany posted:

cool goons criticizing a woman's looks AND some moron complaining that TV shows nowadays are too PC. GBS is that-a-ways ->

Ooh! Sub-forum hate, that reminds me of last decade. Let's also bring back smilies :gb2gbs: and reg date hate :regd05:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Full Circle posted:

Nah the leader of the free world should be personally responsible enough to manage his body weight, especially with the chefs and meal planners at his disposal

He's also doing his best to dismantle Michelle's healthy diet and exercise programs. Can't wait for KFCs in every cafeteria though tbh.

Edit:

Old James posted:

Ooh! Sub-forum hate, that reminds me of last decade. Let's also bring back smilies :gb2gbs: and reg date hate :regd05:

That also created :regd09: so it wasn't so bad.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Shitshow posted:

only the attorney general can remove mueller, and only for good reason. trump could order sessions to do so, but that would likely end with sessions stepping down. at that point we're deep into a reenactment of the saturday night massacre with rosenstein next to bat.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I shop at Sacks off fifth.

I would say Trump is more likely to tweet that he could fire Mueller but he won't.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874294155257806848

With few exceptions.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I hope you're joking. gently caress that fat piece of poo poo.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Pellisworth posted:

my grandparents tell stories about making clothes out of sugar sacks in the Great Depression, apparently those were nice and soft

Same.

But then I also think that flappers and the like would make their own clothing as well (could be me misremembering a Stuff You Missed In History episode though). Off the rack stuff is more of a modern thing I think. But then so is having more than one nice outfit and worrying about body hair/odor.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/874291653359484932

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mcmagic posted:

How will all the republicans who were so thrilled at Mueller's hiring spin that?

lol

"He's new at this, and WAIT LOOK OVER THERE. IS THAT HILLARY?!"

Then they duck behind a curtain and vote to let all Americans die of preventable disease.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Mueller's been so quiet that I don't know how he could justify it at this point.

RWM is already floating a bunch of crap justifying his firing

Don't forget that Deep Throat was associate director of the FBI. Trump took yet another steaming poo poo all over the IC after the Comey hearing last week, if (when) he fires Mueller you better believe the FBI will start leaking.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I'm about as fat as Trump and I don't have access to the finest, but healthiest food in the world custom made by the greatest chefs on the planet so no, actually, make fun of him for being a lardass because he loves KFC and thinks exercise eats your vital life essence

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

He's also doing his best to dismantle Michelle's healthy diet and exercise programs. Can't wait for KFCs in every cafeteria though tbh.

Edit:

That also created :regd09: so it wasn't so bad.

Don't forget :regd13:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yes, yes you loving are stupid.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hope everyone involved loses healthcare coverage and goes bankrupt

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Tormented posted:

This is how kings of yore acted. Being a lord is hard when you serve a Mad Monarch.

Kings of yore also had to constantly hand out gifts to their underlings and followers.

But then they don't have a Praetorian guard to keep happy now I guess.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Shitshow posted:

He can't. I mean, that's the whole point of an independent counsel, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

What committee hearing did he back out of? Judiciary? I take it this is a tactical decision so he can just say "classified" over and over again. Hoping Wyden does one of his patented verbal SOS'.

• Locked thread