Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

TheChirurgeon posted:

That'll do nicely!

Here's where I'm at on Marines. Lot more work to be done here, plus I still need "Space Marines" and "Space Wolves" banner images, so :siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:

If you can give me until tonight (EDT) I'll have a White Scars pic, I'm still doing my test model for 8th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

He wasn't attacking them, he was just engaging them so they couldn't shoot and then attacking next turn. And he was making sure not to be base to base. Yeah he'd lose a few gaunts when models that wouldn't have otherwise been able to fight now could, but when those models are tanks that hit on a 6+ who cares.

The rules actually aren't very strict. As long as you end up 0.0001 inches closer to the nearest enemy model, you can move past them. Very easy with large groups of hormagaunts that don't start out very close to the enemy but get a 6 inch pile in and 6 inch consolidate. He'd basically have wings of hormagaunts peel off the back of the mob and envelop stuff.

This was his list btw:

Cool, thanks. Yeah that extra move is nuts.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
So anyone else been kinda let down by morale so far this edition after they hyped it up so much? With MSU you practically have to wipe out most of the unit to even have the chance of losing anything, while bigger units which actually have any business being big have some way of circumventing morale.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Here's where I'm at on Marines. Lot more work to be done here, plus I still need "Space Marines" and "Space Wolves" banner images, so :siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:

That Lysander belongs to me, FYI. I think the username you put under it was someone who quoted my post?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Waaaghfest was on Saturday. It was a great goodbye to 7th edition. Hung out and had a few drinks with Naramyth and his crew. It was about 50 people with crazy missions where both players could get a lot of points. I went 3-0 and probably still only finished 5th or 6th. If even that. I Think Naramyth went 2 - 0 - 1, with him and his opponent both getting max points on his tie.

But you don't go to waaaghfest for a tight tournament. You go to drink and play crazy missions. This year the theme was Evil Dead. (Last year was Fury Road, year before was Holy Grail) Missions included finding the orkranomicon and being transported to the year 1300.

Great times.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

WhiteWolf123 posted:

That Lysander belongs to me, FYI. I think the username you put under it was someone who quoted my post?

Oof, sorry about that. I'll fix that tonight. Thanks!

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Oof, sorry about that. I'll fix that tonight. Thanks!

No problem.

While technically not an Ultramarine, my Librarian is still blue, and in a small portrait pic, it could probably pass as one (cut the right half of the book and the yellow shoulderpad will probably go unnoticed?). So if you're short on a Goon Ultra, you can use this pic...

This was another commission piece; painted by Matt Susalka.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
TheChirurgeon and all of you guys who submitted photos for the banners - you guys are kicking rear end. Those great models and armies combined with TheChirurgeon's work are making things look drat professional.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If there's need for a banner for the rest of the IG subfactions I can provide with this at least. :shobon:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

TheChirurgeon and all of you guys who submitted photos for the banners - you guys are kicking rear end. Those great models and armies combined with TheChirurgeon's work are making things look drat professional.

Agreed. I really love the idea of people's armies being used for the intro post. I also love seeing everyone's army.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Yeast posted:

Feel free to use any of these for the Guard/Astra Militarum

:sigh:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Feel free to use my Bran Redmaw for the Space Wolves.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
So multiple Carnifex torsos don't fit together, and I tried to bend them into place with heated salt. The risk was non-existent, because what could I do? Damage the parts so they wouldn't fit together?

It didn't work, but I've noticed bits sellers charge quite a bit more for Carnifex torsos than say, Trygon ones. I am not above kitbashing to save money (I planned on making like a gorillion Tankbustas by hand)--has anyone seen whether other Nid bodies work well with the other kits' parts? What replacement body works best? TIA.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

jadebullet posted:

Beard isn't scrunty enough 2/10

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If we're still doing single models, I'd like to submit my Interrogator-Chaplain as a contender for the Dark Angels.

He's not green, but he is Dark Angely as gently caress so I hope he qualifies.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/12/forge-world-index-xenos-preview/

Looks like FW managed decent rules twice in a row for Malanthropes:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Prey Adaptation is a nasty use of faction keywords.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks like there's no reason to keep the second claw?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Prey Adaptation looks real good :catstare:

jadebullet posted:

Will do. You got a full army shot by chance?

Cooked Auto posted:

If there's need for a banner for the rest of the IG subfactions I can provide with this at least. :shobon:

I wasn't going to do IG subfactions, but I kind of want to now just to feature these and BC's Catachans. Yours are Praetorian Guard, right?

Also, hey :siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:, especially if you have the following mans arranged in an army setting:
- Grey Knights
- Sisters of Battle
- Custodes
- Space Marines, if you have a photo better than the ones that have been submitted
- A single Salamander model for use in the subfaction banner

Matgash posted:

I haven't posted in a long time, this was the last thing I painted last year, hopefully 8th will get me pack in the painting seat.

owns, will use

Safety Factor posted:

If we're still doing single models, I'd like to submit my Interrogator-Chaplain as a contender for the Dark Angels.

He's not green, but he is Dark Angely as gently caress so I hope he qualifies.

Also owns, will use

Ilor posted:

I dare you to use this for Black Templars:

I think I can work this in over SRM's. He's already got the Imperial Knights banner

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is a EC that may work better

This is great! Who's the source?

e:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like there's no reason to keep the second claw?

You get +1 Attack

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

xtothez posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/12/forge-world-index-xenos-preview/

Looks like FW managed decent rules twice in a row for Malanthropes:

I dunno. That malanthrope is only okay. 3" is a small bubble, and since it's a monster it can be targeted if not the closest unit even though it's a character. 9 wounds is nice, but at T5, 5+, that will degrade very quickly. No longer wounds on a 2+. And it's power 10. Implying it'll cost 160 to 200 points. Seems pretty bad to me.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

I dunno. That malanthrope is only okay. 3" is a small bubble, and since it's a monster it can be targeted if not the closest unit even though it's a character. 9 wounds is nice, but at T5, 5+, that will degrade very quickly. No longer wounds on a 2+. And it's power 10. Implying it'll cost 160 to 200 points. Seems pretty bad to me.

Not to mention it says models within 3", not units. Seems like a swing and a miss to me.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Master Twig posted:

Can it be targeted if it has fewer than 10 wounds?

e: I'm pretty sure it can't, unless I missed something in the new rules

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

I really like those changes. It gives the venomthrope its distinct role back as cheap aura provider, and adds in a high-risk, high-reward of potentially army-wide rerolls

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugh, they forgot the option for the Saw and Rokkit Bombs. The stats are right there, it just can't take them...

Also 1 shot for the shunta? It used to be a small blast battlecannon, surely it should be Heavy D3 like most other small blasts. Similarly the rokkit pod has a low number of shots given it used to be a Lobba which fired a d3 shot barrage.

They also forgot it's fixin' claws.

Did they even bother looking at the 7th ed rules for it?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Master Twig posted:

since it's a monster it can be targeted if not the closest unit even though it's a character.
Since when is that a thing? Gulliman is a 9-wound Character Monster and was specifically used as an example of a model that can't be targeted normally.

Pendent posted:

Not to mention it says models within 3", not units. Seems like a swing and a miss to me.
That has to be a typo. Shooting attacks roll to hit units, not single models.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is great! Who's the source?

Guy called Rovient.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Can it be targeted if it has fewer than 10 wounds?

e: I'm pretty sure it can't, unless I missed something in the new rules

Ah. I must have heard that somewhere and got it wrong. Still doesn't seem great, but that helps.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
What do you think the likelihood of Doomrider coming back is?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lord Thrust posted:

slim-to-none. If they do get around to doing Emperor's Children, they'll be doing Fulgrim as the big model, and are more likely to remake Fabius Bile and Lucius the Eternal than Doomrider

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Master Twig posted:

Ah. I must have heard that somewhere and got it wrong. Still doesn't seem great, but that helps.

Yeah it's Monsters who aren't Characters who can be targeted. Malanthrope is safe.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

xtothez posted:

That has to be a typo. Shooting attacks roll to hit units, not single models.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's gonna get clarified. In true FW fashion, it doesn't actually work with the new rules. It would if it were a save bonus, but not a to hit penalty.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Sadly I don't have any more than that and a single Grey Hunter painted yet. (I just started the army for the new edition and have been building and priming them all.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

TheChirurgeon posted:

slim-to-none. If they do get around to doing Emperor's Children, they'll be doing Fulgrim as the big model, and are more likely to remake Fabius Bile and Lucius the Eternal than Doomrider

And hopefully some new noise marine sculpts. Sonic Terminators would be great, too. Who knows, Slaanesh has been ignored for a long while now, but isn't gone so I'm hoping there is something around the corner.

Kingcobra
Mar 15, 2007

Ignore me, I'm just looking around.

Shockeh posted:

Can we get a whole view of KingCobra's Alpha Legion (Or better, make sure the banner links to an album of each army, that would be SWEET.), because that's the colour scheme for them I love the best.

I only have a small force painted up thanks to other things in life taking priority but I could put together an album if it is wanted.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

I wasn't going to do IG subfactions, but I kind of want to now just to feature these and BC's Catachans. Yours are Praetorian Guard, right?

It's Death Korps of Krieg in this case.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I think instead of more cataphractii, I'm changing my list to run my Gorgons as a 5 man squad of vanilla terminators.

My cataphractii have been utterly brutal but once they clear out the area they drop in at they don't contribute anything because of 4 inch move and halved run distance. Gorgons are already indomitus pattern anyway, and their teleport homer means they can drop somewhere, kill poo poo, then teleport back to the center of my deployment zone to be used elsewhere. Terminators have just been loving brutal, and indomitus isn't as flexible as my cataphractii in their weapon options but at least can equip an assault cannon. Or I could pretty easily fit them as assault terminators with 3 TH+SS and 2 double LCs.

I can either run the list like this, or drop the 6th assault marine to make them assault terminators. I think the extra shooting of vanilla terminators is fantastic though, drop them in cover somewhere for 6 assault cannon and 16 bolter shots that turn. I'm also thinking about taking grav cannons instead of plasma cannons for the much higher rate of fire, hopefully against big stuff the extra shots make up for being 5+ to wound instead of 3+ or 4+ with the plasma cannon. I also don't have to keep my captain near for rerolls.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 12, 2017

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
420 hide Malanthropes behind Carnifexes erryday

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I took a picture of my Space Wolves army and Templar characters.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
So on a whim and a gamble I bought a XV109 Y'vahra battlesuit from a Chinese recaster (looks pretty perfect to me)

Rules for it dropped today. I feel I made a good purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Thrust posted:

A better question is what are the chances of him leaving the table on his own volition if he does come back

Nighttheii posted:

I took a picture of my Space Wolves army and Templar characters.

These all look good, but that captain with a stormbolter and powerfist is tight.

• Locked thread