Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

That PS4 port sounds like hot garbage.

I'm having fun with it, but I was never a hardcore player on the pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

The biggest issue for me is lack of endgame content. There also seems to be zero reason to do danger rooms.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

It's not bad at all really. It eliminates all the "what the poo poo is this and what do I do with it?" questions that I had to spend hours on trying to figure out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

The biggest issue for me is lack of endgame content. There also seems to be zero reason to do danger rooms.

i was very disappointed by danger rooms as their only real endgame thing. give me holosim or xdef, i love scaling difficulty.

but it's okay, the game officially releases in 2 and a half weeks, so obviously it will come out with much more content

it is really absurd to me that they are gonna release marvel heroes omega without the omega part

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Literally mr. Gaz.txt

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

But it's missing like half of its content and it's even harder to play for free. Seems real crazy to me when Diablo 3 has done it better on consoles and all they had to do was copy them.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

it is really absurd to me that they are gonna release marvel heroes omega without the omega part

is it though

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Toad VU!

:what:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toad is only an interesting character when he's just some schlub with a huge tongue.

Which is saying a lot because it's loving Toad.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So is Squirrel Girl really powerful or is the Punisher just kind of clunky? On PS4 at least. The base game isn't exactly difficult but I blew through it much faster throwing squirrels at everyone, and the cosmic trial was a piece of piss compared to the Punisher.

Along those lines, for SG should I focus on Ranged or Summon power with my equipment? Logic dictates I focus on summoning due to the squirrels apparently counting as minions, but throwing squirrels also counts as ranged attacks. :psyduck:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes to both. Summon characters in general also have a better baseline than others in terms of item scaling, and Punisher would've unlocked a bonus to experience for you.

It's hard to say with the item differences, but PC at least you'd be going Physical -> Summon -> Ranged because all your damage is physical and because of :gaz: items with Summon damage tend to have it in much lower quantities (on PC). All your active squirrels are Summon and Physical tagged, but Ranged will only apply to your skills.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
PC players aren't going to be able to give you good advice on which types of typed DR are good for you.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Did Gaz announce their bankruptcy at E3 yet?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jujojoh posted:

Did Gaz announce their bankruptcy at E3 yet?

Sorry all their resources are into consoles. They have a bright future ahead much like TNA Wrestling. Some companies just never die.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

new patch notes for ps4. mostly small fixes, some interesting stuff
https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/3349/marvel-heroes-omega-1-06-patch-notes#latest

Minor performance improvements while playing in Midtown Patrol.

Fixed an issue where the amount of XP required to level vendors beyond level 10 was much lower than intended.
(this one was huge, i didn't even report it as a bug cause i was very happy about it. past level 10 they took like 10% of the amounts that 1-10 did)

Mandarin’s flame in the Cosmic Gate encounter will now stop dealing damage as soon as the player moves out of the area, rather than continuing to burn for a short duration.

good quality of life stuff, nothing substantial.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Quality of life for a dead game. Ironic...

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry all their resources are into consoles. They have a bright future ahead much like TNA Wrestling. Some companies just never die.

Is asros the heel, the face, or both?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

If I'm still playing this when we get our first raid and guild support I'll make a PS4 thread.

If anyone wants to do it before then, feel free.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I thought that, in a rare moment of honesty, Gaz admitted that Raids were a mistake?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I thought that, in a rare moment of honesty, Gaz admitted that Raids were a mistake?

That was IIRC Breivik after leaving Gazillion

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

In what might be the stupidest loving question ever, is there any reason to keep the SHIELD Helicarrier teamup set to anything other than passive always? And for gear, just stuff that benefits me only and not it?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
There's no reason to use the Helicarrier team up at all ever.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Erdricks posted:

Is asros the heel, the face, or both?

The heel of the palm that shoves the hotdogs into the face

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

McSpanky posted:

The heel of the palm that shoves the hotdogs into the face

I wish there was gif of John Cena slamming hot dogs into asros's mouth from the top rope.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

There's no reason to use the Helicarrier team up at all ever.

There's a 10 point achievement for using it at least once.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I got 5 ult upgrade tokens for logging in today.

Edit: Redheaded didn't. Weird. I don't know where they came from.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 14, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Working as intended my friend!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Welp, the PS4 patch reset my vendor levels, and items I crafted with it beforehand have disappeared from my stash.

You know what, sod this. I'm going back to Diablo 3.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Welp, the PS4 patch reset my vendor levels, and items I crafted with it beforehand have disappeared from my stash.

ok the latter part of this is insane if true, lol

the first part is not a reset, the crafters were HUGELY bugged so that levels after 10 cost waaaaay less than the preceding levels. so it was fixed. but it sounds like they may not have handled it well.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

cams posted:

Frantic slurping sounds.

If all whales were as enthusiastic as you my jobs would've been so easy as to have been nonexistent.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

PJOmega posted:

If all whales were as enthusiastic as you my jobs would've been so easy as to have been nonexistent.

Are you a guide on a whale watching boat? Sounds like a cool job dude.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cams posted:

ok the latter part of this is insane if true, lol

Yeah, who the hell would play Diablo.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
as opposed to bad diablo starring blade and squirrel girl

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Have they done anything with the PC version after Nick Fury? I downloaded a patch, but couldn't really find any patch notes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

cams posted:

the first part is not a reset, the crafters were HUGELY bugged so that levels after 10 cost waaaaay less than the preceding levels. so it was fixed. but it sounds like they may not have handled it well.

Welcome to Gazillion Games! I guess PS4 players get to go through all the crazy poo poo we went through on PC. I can't wait to see how screwed up things get. :allears:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

OH poo poo

IT'S VINCE RUSSO

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Welcome to Gazillion Games! I guess PS4 players get to go through all the crazy poo poo we went through on PC. I can't wait to see how screwed up things get. :allears:

Apparently they buffed the paid loot boxes to drop more costume currency this last patch as well... Some guy I watch stream bought like 30 boxes prior to the patch. It doesn't sound like they plan on compensating anyone who already bought boxes as far as I last read.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games

poptart_fairy posted:

yep, it's pretty bad. i had all of my crafters leveled to 20. i'm glad i hadn't actually done anything with them yet seeing how they're handling this.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Gibbering Madness posted:

Are you a guide on a whale watching boat? Sounds like a cool job dude.

I wish. Did the rounds boosting engagement rates for various freemium outlets out of college. Would have preferred to do something that felt less predatory, like supporting a staring guru or multilevel marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PJOmega posted:

why are internet people so invested in their internet opinion fights

euthanize all gamers