Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope it's not 15 minutes of Half Life 2-style 'follow this person and listen to them deliver exposition' for every 5 minutes of actually shooting people like The New Order was. I couldn't even finish that game because it was boring me to tears, and never understood the fondness for it

its going to be even more of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
There was the shot of the small town with all the Nazis and klan members and it'd be really cool to have it open up and just run around at lightning speed messing them up with chainguns and grenades and stuff and racking up the high score, but what's going to happen is

-level opens up with diner scene where you listen to the guys talk for 10 minutes
-one (1) wave of enemies appears and you briefly fight them
-you stow away your weapon and slowly walk down the street, watching various scripted events for several minutes... Oh my gosh, it's like America in the 50s, except RACIST? Bwuh?!
-sneak down an alley and get a cinematic kill
-enter an empty office building. There are no enemies and your goal is to find and collect documents for several minutes while your friend talks to you about their dramatic past over the radio
-a couple of enemies enter the building and you cinematic stealth kill them
-stow away your weapon and walk back down the street the way you came, watching more scripted events for ten minutes
-get to your truck and- oh no! The bad guys found it, sneak up behind them and press the melee button to cinematically kill them
-leave

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That's not how Wolfenstein played, I just started it again cause of the trailer and you hit the ground running pretty fast. It's like 10 minutes until you have two assault rifles and are just running around taking heads.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The opening level with the trenches and castle and stuff was actually decently paced and had a lot of enemies to kill, which gave me a good feeling for the game and ended up making the rest of it all the more disappointing.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

While Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will all be holding press conferences for their consoles, PC gamers aren’t missing out on the fun at E3 this year. The PC Gaming Show, returning for the third year and hosted by PC Gamer, is designed to give computer-bound gamers a place of their own at the show.

PC Gamer has said that this year’s show will include an increased focus on VR and e-sports content, which makes sense given the surge in popularity of those two fields over the last year.

Intel is a major partner for the PC Gaming Show, expect to see some news about the company’s new Core X line, and especially the ultra-powerful Core i9 processors. Additionally, the incredibly popular last-man standing shooter Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds will be making an appearance in some fashion, possibly to announce new features or gameplay modes. And Microsoft is showing up as well, presumably to talk more about its ongoing Xbox Play Anywhere initiative to bridge the gap between Xbox One and Windows 10 gamers.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I would rather get tortured in a Syrian prison than watch another PC gaming E3 show

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I would rather get tortured in a Syrian prison than watch another PC gaming E3 show

ive been watching for 45 minutes now, i wont miss a minute of e3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

ive been watching for 45 minutes now, i wont miss a minute of e3

Oof... tell me if they show Mount & Blade

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oof... tell me if they show Mount & Blade

for the 3rd year in a row, theyre talking about Killing Floor

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

for the 3rd year in a row, theyre talking about Killing Floor

killing floor 2 is good, but its also already been out for ages

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I heard they added elemental resistances to zombies to KF2 and you have to grind for different elemental weapons to counter them and I don't think I've ever wanted to avoid a game so completely

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Hyped for Wolfenstein 2! Hope the Jewish magic superman race makes another appearance in Atlantis and Jewish aliens come from outer space or the moon to smash nazis!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I heard they added elemental resistances to zombies to KF2 and you have to grind for different elemental weapons to counter them and I don't think I've ever wanted to avoid a game so completely

Pretty sure this isn't a thing. But they do have different resistances to like handguns explosives shotguns melee etc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Liquid Drink posted:

Hyped for Wolfenstein 2! Hope the Jewish magic superman race makes another appearance in Atlantis and Jewish aliens come from outer space or the moon to smash nazis!

Evil Eagle posted:

Pretty sure this isn't a thing. But they do have different resistances to like handguns explosives shotguns melee etc

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh... that's much better, ha ha.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

theyre adding daisy dukes and the ability to dive out of windows to Battlegrounds. i got what i needed out of the pc gaming show

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/HyX0eKG.mp4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

xbox is sad http://store.steampowered.com/app/268910/Cuphead/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wow it has an actual release date..also it was gonna be xb exclusive? lmao well thats one way to make sure no one tries your game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I don't think there's any actual xbox exclusives anymore, even their first party stuff gets on their weird windows store thing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Halo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm pretty sure the next Halo is gonna be on PC too, basically every game since last year.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ubisoft confrence any time now, guessng its gonna mostly be aids but maybe therell be a new rayman or somethin

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omg shiggys got a gun

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfo shiggy makin rabbid noises

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

shiggy extremely powerful

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Two foreigners wave guns at crowd in LA, Associated Press reports

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shiggy on the Ubisoft conference is triggering my fee fees and cucking me greatly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol at mario usng chest-high cover

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This is loving insane lol. Mario x Rabbids x XCOM

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ths is literally mario xcom

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

goferchan posted:

This is loving insane lol. Mario x Rabbids x XCOM

Fungah! posted:

ths is literally mario xcom

this rules

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hahahaha

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This game looks loving awesome lol . Best Mario title of E3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao rabbid donkey kong

• Locked thread