Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I have no trouble using the AK, and it has a faster TTK than the UMP doesn't it? I like the UMP a lot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

its a personal preference thing i hate using the ak and would probably choose an ump over it if i could

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
UMP is still way better at third person spraydown than AK

a nice duo dinner tonight after looting literally all of school and ALL six school apartments finding ZERO zoom scopes, we booked it into a house in the middle of the circle and the house lasted until we won lol, no scopes needed

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Ostentatious posted:

its a personal preference thing i hate using the ak and would probably choose an ump over it if i could

AKM for me is a good hipfire single shot weapon. Going fully auto with that thing is a trap unless you're pressing it up against your target.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
AKM and M16A4 need to be able to take as many mods as the M416 and the SCAR-L.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
wizard towers are loving stupid and you should never hide in them

I have though found a lv3 helmet and vest right on top of each other in them before

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've been busy with Overwatch have any big changes come out in the last two weeks

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

The ak is not a great gun and its recoil is trash. An m4 without mods is also not good. The only gun i would take over an ump in that statement is a scar-l.

The Micro Uzi has absolutely pitiful range and the vector requires mods to be decent. The ump is good right away, can be modded to be better, and has the same damage and effective range as the vss.

The ump is a louder and faster vss with better recoil control, its a fantastic gun

Lots of right here, the UMP is an incredibly underrated gun. If it had better range I'd use it as a primary over some guns.

I want to say the AK is underrated but everytime I use it the 1st shot hits and then the recoil fucks me, long or short range, single or auto. At least it's realistic.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

nerve posted:

I have no trouble using the AK, and it has a faster TTK than the UMP doesn't it? I like the UMP a lot though.

You can (and should) use both. One slot for a long-range rifle to slap a scope on, one slot for a close-range SMG or shotgun to third-person aim with. The UMP is so much more ergonomic than rifles in close spaces.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just a friendly reminder, mushroom towers have horrible blind spots, and they're usually in the direction you actually want to be looking.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151262607

Wizard tower

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I want a stealthy vehicle. Put a shitload of bicycles around. Or horses.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Some towers have the pointy roof on top and some don't and imo that's what distinguishes a wizard tower from a mushroom tower.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

The Missing Link posted:

I want a stealthy vehicle. Put a shitload of bicycles around. Or horses.

There's nothing stealthy about horses.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I thought they got rid of this dumb perk https://streamable.com/il6ga :smugwizard:

Also I assumed it'd be safe to exit a vehicle after it hit something and came to a stop. I was wrong https://streamable.com/7nzsm

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Nothing about interacting with or being near vehicles is ever 100% safe.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Yodzilla posted:

I thought they got rid of this dumb perk https://streamable.com/il6ga :smugwizard:

i expected it and wasn't disappointed.

get good

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Skoll posted:

AKM and M16A4 need to be able to take as many mods as the M416 and the SCAR-L.

I think the reason they don't do this is because they want separate "battle rifle" and "carbine" classes of assault rifles.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

HOLY poo poo THE NEW 7.62 BULLPUP THAT'S CRATE ONLY IS HOT AS gently caress

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The groza is sick as gently caress.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
get hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fezKaCu9_JY

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Oh man I can't wait to lunge out *all* the windows

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sunset lighting looks dope

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Shorts!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I love how jumping over cars, something with zero practical use, has far and away the most elaborate animation :allears:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Vaulting is going to lead to the most yackitty bullshit ever and it's going to own.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Vaulting out windows will be interesting, but if you can climb IN windows from outside it will really open up games for countering house campers. There will need to be a way to remove the bars from all the windows though, or at least the ones that are just boarded shut.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Incredible missed opportunity to not have a general lee hood slide. Extremely disappointed.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I may have missed it, but is there any kind of time frame for this stuff?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Soon(tm)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

I love how jumping over cars, something with zero practical use, has far and away the most elaborate animation :allears:

That's probably why, so you don't have to see your dude do a long, crazy parkour flip 400 times a game

unless you want to

and why wouldn't you

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is there built in delay after you put something in your inventory before you can put something else in, or just lag?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

qkkl posted:

Is there built in delay after you put something in your inventory before you can put something else in, or just lag?

1: lag
2: you didn't put it in correctly (dragged too far, tried to put an equipable straight into your inventory, etc)

If you ever watch streamers do it they can somehow move poo poo in and out of their inventory insanely quickly.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The Groza is supposed to be coming out this month, the other things in the stream who knows.

edit:

Just an FYI for people playing this game.

When you unmute yourself (eg to avoid lobby/plane spam) , it will override any setting you had with the in-game voice and change it so you're always broadcasting.

https://streamable.com/y0qws

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 12, 2017

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Rex-Goliath posted:

Oh man I can't wait to lunge out *all* the windows

Why use doors if you can go through windows?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

PantsBandit posted:

It reduces your profile vs jumping straight up and over, means a smaller and more difficult target to hit.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
Will the Groza be 7.62 or the 9mm variant? If it's the same as the val its going to get left behind as soon as I find anything else.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
It does not look like the 9mm subsonic, and I don't see why they would add another 9mm subsonic gun immediately after the VSS.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SpaceBanditos posted:

Will the Groza be 7.62 or the 9mm variant? If it's the same as the val its going to get left behind as soon as I find anything else.

I'm the event he said that t is 7.62mm

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

SpaceBanditos posted:

I know video game guns don't always reflect their real life versions very well but PUBG is pretty good about it and have gun people on staff. Given that, this is probably 7.62, you can tell from the magazine; the 9x39 mag is fairly short and closeish to vertical, like so, whereas the 7.62 version has a more typical AMK-style curvy mag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ThePeavstenator posted:

I think the reason they don't do this is because they want separate "battle rifle" and "carbine" classes of assault rifles.

I think they just don't want to gently caress with the Unreal models, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's fuckin dumb and I doubt the devs have fired either of these rifles. I am also a massive sperg.

• Locked thread