Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I was able to master both Proud Clad fights. The Jump start is by far the easiest where I used Tyro with wall, full break/power breakdown, Vanille with her burst, curaja/protectga, onion with BSB/SSB/OSB (only his burst was used) and ultra cure/i forget, Lightning with her OSB and thundaga strike/whatever, then MVP TG Cid with OSB/BSB/SSB (only used OSB) and hailstorm/thundering twinstrike and RW'd lightning's USB. All I did was use the spellblades while buffing up and then spammed the OSBs after using the USB on each attacker while healing. It was over quickly.

My strategy for the regular fight was a little different. I took lightning out and swapped in Rosa who has BSB/SSB1/SSB2/Unique and gave her the ultra cure and wrath while onion got my other curaja and wrath. TG Cid lost hailstorm and got the spellblades.

I got buffs up while spamming spellblades and healing damage with the healers while tyro debuffed and onion spammed cmd 2/off healed. Once the boss got near 70% I used lightning's USB and made sure vanille's BSB was ready and Rosa was ready to burst again to heal through the damage. On TG's next turns he just spammed his OSB until the boss died. I think it only took 2 OSB's doing 95k damage for it to die with mastery. Only one death and that was vanille who was unlucky and got hit with 2 attacks from the bits.

Gearwise I have lots of FF13 weapons (Cid used lightning's Gladius, Tyro used Sazh's shout gun, rosa had no synergy stuff on), but only a reforged silver bangle for armor.

E: I didn't mention what record materias I used. On JS I just used stuff that boosted attack/damage from weakness or magic/mind while Cid got his thunder god materia.

On regular he kept that while the healers got ace striker/battleforged while Tyro and Onion got Dr Mog/mako.

Not too bad if you have and use the right tools, but otherwise wow what a poo poo fight.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

pichupal posted:

Tactics Advance is here! Apparently the second half of this event will be normal Tactics.

Really interesting stuff coming.

:yeah:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Apparently a Doublecast Dragoon RM doesn't exist even in JP. Really annoying since Kain has no problems capping with his attacks so he could use the chance for an extra 50k damage.

I can clear Full Throttle, it's just making sure I'm actually able to clear it without four people KO'd so I can get Mastery. Might swap in Relm for an extra three shots of Last Stand, even if it means I miss out on the 100% DEF from Sabin.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

pichupal posted:

Tactics Advance is here! Apparently the second half of this event will be normal Tactics.

hell yes, Montblanc

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't understand why Jumpstart is harder if you can actually like, use people that don't have wrath and lifesiphon, seems great

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

it's not, jump start is actually easier since you can immediately start firing off your poo poo

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

It's not harder, at least for this event. The regular fight is far more challenging. Later down the road the Jump starts may be a bit harder, especially when we start getting them for torment level bosses.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Event-based Jump Start fights are never harder, at least to date. It's rare that the boss is even any different from the A+ version (sometimes it'll have different HP thresholds for phase changes and very rarely it'll have higher HP, but no other changes). Torment Jump Starts are always a different fight from the D200/D250 versions, though. The first couple are actually much easier (Jump Start Gi Nattak is a complete joke) but as things go on the JS fights get pretty hard if you don't have the right setup. 3-CM Jump Start Bahamut is really hard if you don't have good stuff for Luneth.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Jump Start down. Relm's last Stand and Ramza's Chant kept Lightning and Ashe alive so Lightning could USB and Ashe can Swiftspell/OSB him down quickly. I still lost Ramza though.

That four attack laser is still the worst!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

"EXP, Gil and Material Dailies open every day"

wh-wh-what...

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Did the MP last night, what a bitch. I brought Ramza USB/Shout and Yuna USB. I actually completely forgot about Ramza's USB giving instacast1 until I read people praising it today. Yuna was a beast, basically keeping everyone alive at the end, raising them if they weren't, and giving just enough chances to get people mitigated and up and running again. Our DPS was mostly only Edea (who died like 4 times) and Vaan using his BSB for massive damage. The iffiest part was when the boss had less than 10% life left and caught half the team with confuse. Luckily, we got through it with just enough to finish it with everyone in tact.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hell yeah, it's my boy Marcus! I always said they oughta do a Tantalus event and introduce Blank... well this is neither of those things but it's close enough. It will be interesting to see what they do with Marcus with skill access and SBs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I am very happy to hear that FFTA stuff is coming.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hell yeah, it's my boy Marcus! I always said they oughta do a Tantalus event and introduce Blank... well this is neither of those things but it's close enough. It will be interesting to see what they do with Marcus with skill access and SBs.

Hm *puts on balancing hat* ah yes the whole crew will have combat 3, thief 5, celerity 4, and black 2, and nobody will ever use them.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's all there in the help screen when starting, but just to reiterate:

You'll get further attempts at Jump Start battles in the future.

However, XIII hasn't had an event since the current one, and with the report there's none on the horizon, either, so you may be waiting well over half a year for your next shot at Proudclad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Marcus's gimmick will be that any experience he gains also goes to Eiko.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pander posted:

Hm *puts on balancing hat* ah yes the whole crew will have combat 3, thief 5, celerity 4, and black 2, and nobody will ever use them.

Well people will use characters with lovely ability access if they have relics that are good. Quistis and Palom are good examples. Quistis doesn't even get 5* ability access without diving for it but has a really good burst with a rare element (poison) and Palom literally only has Black Magic 5 but has an incredibly good burst that's versatile and powerful.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Proudclad was a huge rear end in a top hat. I'm interested in hearing everyone's strats for this jerk.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/mB5d
Rw wall

That was my setup.

I built up SB gauges during the first phase only using Shout right away. Once I was close to the HP thredhold I reapplied all buffs and debuffs and then queued up Focused Bolts, Thunder God, Vessel of Fate and Asylum.

Stoneskin let me survive the bullshit burst he does. I queued up another Asylum after a single medica while casting more Focused Bolts and Thunder God.

Stoneskin saves the day again vs the second bullshit burst and he goes down before he can do it a third time.

At least I already have a JS strategy in place but that was a dumb fight. No way I could've done if I had a worse medica or no Lightning BSB2.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Like I posted earlier my 2 healer/onion off healer strategy with tyro wall/debuffing and thunder god for dps worked on the first try and only vanille died right at the end. Still a bullshit fight though. For JS i just took out Rosa and put in lightning with OSB for extra dps to burst him down faster. Still a bullshit fight but if you use the right tools and have thunder god it's not too bad.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Hey pals, I have updated my Roaming Warrior to be Lightning with her USB and using a Kaiser Shield for a lightning boost. I have 13 free spots right now, and can follow 4. My ID is e4Le if you wanna give me a follow! Let me know if you're a goon so I can follow back if I'm not following you (provided I have the room)!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 12, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I used a double healer setup with Relm and Y'shtola, both with their BSBs. Lucky enough I had two lightning physical guys to use in Reno and Kain, both with their BSBs. Ramza was in support with Shout. Had Kaiser Shield on Kain and Etro Embrace on Reno for lightning boost. RW was wall. This was enough to beat him right after his third use of Ultimate Retaliatory, so had plenty of time to spare. My weapons were just a Fang SSB spear for Kain and the Pumpkin Ball for Reno.

Very difficult fight. Very difficult event overall.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I like the twin healer strat, sounds like it made things a lot smoother.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I was about to beat proudclad when the game stopped receiving any input from me and he eventually killed me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Yeah, problem is you gotta make sure the offense you have is enough to beat him before his fourth Ultimate Retaliatory, or else you're hosed on mastery. But with Lightning BSB2 and TGS you should have that covered.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

It was definitely the easiest way to keep everyone alive as long as you have enough lightning dps to kill the fucker. He only got off two of his ultimate moves before Cid killed him. Lightning USB stacks with Thunder God so his OSBs were drat near instant.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

My Proudclad strat was to RW Wall and bring Ashe (BSB), Marach (BSB), Onion Knight (BSB), Cid Raines (BSB), and Vanille (BSB). Still had to reset several times until he decided not to hit the same person twice in a row with his opening salvo, but after I got Wall up and had OK slap him with breakdowns, his damage became pretty manageable.

In retrospect it would have been much better to bring native Wall and RW another copy of Ashe's BSB, because that was doing by far the most damage. CM1 was basically doing 40k damage + a self heal every turn, even with Ashe at level 80.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Proudclad ended up ridiculously easy for me. I've never been so happy to have pulled Lightning's OSB before. RW Lightning USB on Lightning with OSB, feed with Entrust.

Team was Lightning (OSB), Garnet (Imperil BSB), Tyro (SG, USB), Ramza (Shout, Tailwind), Selphie (USB).

Opening salvo was trickiest, but once I could get Protectga up before anyone got attacked, Garnet and Selphie could handle all the healing while everyone built SB. Lightning managed to get 4 OSB casts off really quick from the EX Mode mechanics, Selphie used her USB in between Retaliatory Strikes for the healing and Last Stand and it was done. I'll have to modify the strat for the Jump Start a little since Lightning's limited to 3 OSBs, but since I'll be able to pick better RMs it should balance out.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 12, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah, problem is you gotta make sure the offense you have is enough to beat him before his fourth Ultimate Retaliatory, or else you're hosed on mastery. But with Lightning BSB2 and TGS you should have that covered.

I actually wouldn't really have a second healer to bring because the gacha stopped being my friend. I did kill him with that setup I posted but like I said I don't think I had much room to adjust had it failed.

Randabis posted:

It was definitely the easiest way to keep everyone alive as long as you have enough lightning dps to kill the fucker. He only got off two of his ultimate moves before Cid killed him. Lightning USB stacks with Thunder God so his OSBs were drat near instant.

You killed him before the third with two healers? That's some serious damage.

Keep the strats coming, this is a good place to learn as it's in my opinion a lot more demanding than what we've had in a while.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I had a lot of options for the Apocalypse fight, especially with four Last Stand users in Eiko/Relm/Raijin/Selphie. Decided to switch it up slightly from the JS fight and ran Raijin instead of Sabin and RWed Wall instead. This was a lifesaver, as Aura's extra shots of Last Stand and Powerchain were really helpful. Garnet's damage was a bit lackluster without Lightning's USB to help her, but she was still chucking out 10k hits and stacking Imperil Lightning for Kain. Honestly with all the damage coming in I barely needed the command 1/Lightning Dive combo, as I was getting more than enough bars to keep using Dragoon's Pride.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Armitage posted:

Hey pals, I have updated my Roaming Warrior to be Lightning with her USB and using a Kaiser Shield for a lightning boost. I have 13 free spots right now, and can follow 4. My ID is e4Le if you wanna give me a follow! Let me know if you're a goon so I can follow back if I'm not following you (provided I have the room)!

Cool, I added you. I'm under "James" WPfE

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I actually wouldn't really have a second healer to bring because the gacha stopped being my friend. I did kill him with that setup I posted but like I said I don't think I had much room to adjust had it failed.

You killed him before the third with two healers? That's some serious damage.

Keep the strats coming, this is a good place to learn as it's in my opinion a lot more demanding than what we've had in a while.

Yeah I just spellbladed him with r4 thundaga and r3 thundering until I had 3 SB bars then used lightning usb once then unloaded the thundergod and he died after 2 OSBs. Each was over 95k damage. TG Cid is a monster.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
I had a hard time trying to get mastery on proudclad at first with my initial team of garnet / kain for dps. we would get there but too slowly for the medal requirements.

I ended up mastering it by using :
Y'shtola - BSB
Zell - BSB
Kain - BSB
Ramza - BSB and Shout
Tyro - Wall
RW - lightnings USB

I spent the first 30% of his health by getting ramza's BSB up for the mitigation. didn't even shout for a while. Meanwhile Zell and Kain and Ramza were all life siphoning while tyro did breakdowns and yoshi kept us afloat. Once I had 3 bars on my dps I reapplied my buffs and dove in with Zell and Kain spamming BSB's (Kain using 2 x lightning USB once his own BSB was up). This was a rocket train past most of the difficult parts of the fight, still ended up mastering it with no medals to spare because i wasted so much time up front. For anyone struggling I would highly recommend using that 30% buffer zone at the start of the fight to get your BSB's charged up, this made the biggest difference for me.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Proudclad was pretty rough for my equipment selection. Beat him eventually but only on expert with the following:

TGCid:OSB
Setzer: BSB
OK: BSB
Yshtola: Wall/Aetherial Pulse
Vanille: BSB
RW: more wall

Basically just turtled while Cid did his thing.

Edit: nm just RWed a Lightning USB and wrecked him.

acumen fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 12, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah I beat A+ Proudclad via the turtle-and-TGCid method. My team:

Vanille w/ BSB, protectga, curaja
Mustadio w/ BSB, tempest snipe, wrath
TGCid w/ OSB, hailstorm, lifesiphon (wearing two pieces of +thunder gear)
Y'shtola w/ BSB, curada, wrath
Onion w/ BSB, ultra cure, wrath

Everybody just built up meter until Y'shtola and TGCid had 3 bars and Vanille had 2, then I had Mustadio use his BSB and command 2 (which is an armor breakdown) while Cid used hailstorm, and the party started. It still takes 4 solid hits from TGCid to finish this thing off so I had to lifesiphon twice at the end to get enough bar, but it wasn't really close. The healers were the best two for the job but I expect any healer with a high quality BSB can fill the Y'shtola role and any healer with a good USB or SSB heal can fill the Vanille role. Arc's SSB2 in particular should be excellent for the fight. Mustadio is also replaceable, I just wanted to try out cmd1 + tempest snipe. Onion can be swapped for Shout if you have it, and probably that's better overall since you might not need to use Hailstorm in that case.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Proudclad A+ is an absolute bitch of a fight. Wound up changing up strategies and using Agrias for Cleansing Strike to get just enough extra survivability, Lightning with her USB, Ramza for Shout and breakdowns, OK for VoF and as a wrathbot, and Relm for the Last Stand buff. It ended up being pretty close to my Jumpstart strategy, but just spending he first 30% turtling and then entrusting Lightning for continuous USB's. In the end, only Lightning and Relm were left since maintaining Last Stand was much trickier. Still managed to master it, but that was a nail biter.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Adding myself to the goon helper RW pile. I have Lightning BSB2 up with both her OSB sword which boosts lightning and her armor which boosts lightning as well. The ATK accessory has FF13 synergy too.

My ID is H9Ea. I'm going to clean out followers so you guys can add me if you want. I'll follow back if you let me know that you're a goon.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

ewFR for Ramza USB

It's what's for dinner if you want to do well in Jump Start (Disclaimer: must have native wall, hastega and enough decent soul breaks to make it worth)

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
A+ ended up being one-shot by:

Lightning (USB, OSB, BSB1, LMR) - Lifesiphon/Thundering Twinstrike
Y'Shtola (BSB) - Curada/Curaja
Orlandeau (BSB) - Lifesiphon/Armour Break
Garnet (BSB2) - Protectga/Curaja
Ramza (USB) - Full Break/Power Breakdown
RW: Stoneskin II

It actually did damage (and killed Garnet midway through, but after she had already fired off her BSB2), but the strategy was mostly just Lifesiphon until Lightning had 2.5 bars. Then just go hog wild with Orlandeau BSB & Lightning doing USB shenanigans. Curada did a decent job at the very start of the fight of managing to spot heal people and provide auto-healing protection which got used. 3 casts of Asylum was also mildly useful.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I pulled Rapha's BSB and Eiko's USB from the LDs right before this event opened which is ridiculously... lucky.

Rapha especially got me through Proudclad. I swear the bonus healing on cmd1 is at least curaga strength. It was enough to offset his bit beatdown at least.

Not looking forward to MP apoc Adamochilde. The 160 version had got to be the hardest 160 difficulty MP boss I've ever seen. That last 20% HP is pure AOE brutality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

Marcus's gimmick will be that any experience he gains also goes to Eiko.

One of his breaks will involve crashing a cage into an enemy like a wrecking ball.

• Locked thread