Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Who's ready for Joe Flacco to be elite again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

P90X is good but I absolutely cannot stand Tony Horton.

The gently caress man?! Tony Horton is a god drat golden god!!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bah.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Isn't Tony Horton the donut guy?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess the Jets wont be trading Decker then. Should be released soon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Someone that can't stay in shape will not be in the league, plain and simple. There isn't a single player that stopped getting fat that I can think of. Lendale White, Jamarcus, now Benjamin, all ate/are eating themselves out of the league.

Dwayne Bowe, kind of. He got busted for a diuretic or whatever that's usually used to mask steroids but he was just trying to cut weight in the first Todd Haley year.

You can easily argue that this was an instance of a coach being a jackass about weight instead of a fitness thing though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I guess the Jets wont be trading Decker then. Should be released soon.

Decker is a really good player. Getting nothing for him is a massive indictment of the Jets' management.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/874352923786047489
Jeremy Maclin is actually not even really a good receiver and he's all washed up and he's a piece of poo poo, enjoy your dead cap hit Baltimore!!!

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Decker is a really good player. Getting nothing for him is a massive indictment of the Jets' management.

Got good news!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/874350526539890688

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Who's ready for Joe Flacco to be elite again?

Excuse me sir, but he never stopped being elite. :colbert:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

this tweet is confusing

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If the Ravens sign Decker and Maclin that has to be some kind of warlock magic

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SHOAH NUFF posted:

this tweet is confusing

It's not though? The Ravens signed Maclin but are still trying to sign Decker as well.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

big money big clit posted:

It's not though? The Ravens signed Maclin but are still trying to sign Decker as well.
*trade for*

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

big money big clit posted:

:downs:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

This tweet is actually confusing.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

The gently caress man?! Tony Horton is a god drat golden god!!

I resorted to printing out the sheets for his workouts or muting them entirely because he was such an arrogant rear end. Figures a Pats fan would like him so much :colbert:

He is a lot better in P90X3 and 22MHC I must admit...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It's nice that we have another decent receiver, but I don't see Maclin making us too much better. He's not the top-flight talent you need to really make a difference on a struggling unit like the Ravens passing offense tends to be. Just a marginal upgrade.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This tweet is actually confusing.

Maclin's choices were "Ravens or Eagles", not "Ravens or Bills" like many thought. Don't see what's confusing there.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Eli Wiggum posted:

Isn't Tony Horton the donut guy?

I thought that was Tim Horton's, that den of scum and Canadian.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

I know this doesn't make much sense but nfl training routines are really not designed to help people lose weight. At this level it's just something that 99% of the time shouldn't be a problem. it'd be like a hospital constantly training their surgeons on basic human anatomy.

These guys are all physical freaks. team trainers are just there to help them survive the season.

sean10mm posted:

He's saying you can't *make* them do it, not that they shouldn't do it.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/08/minnesota-vikings-mike-zimmer-eye-problems-nfl-notebook posted:

Why? Because I really don’t recall seeing any other NFL team doing what the Patriots were at the conclusion of their minicamp practice on this sunny New England day, and it’s honestly what you might expect to see at the high school down the street. The assembled group, including many who will be getting their championship rings at a ceremony this weekend, was running hills.

It’s one thing to see this during a strength-and-conditioning session. It’s another to see a pro team doing this after a full practice. And yet, there the Pats were, disappearing down the hill and then coming screaming back up in groups.

The message?

“Uh, get in shape and get in shape now,” said new Patriots tight end Dwayne Allen, who came from the Colts in a March trade. “That’s the message. Running the hills, it’s been quite an adjustment. But anything can seem like an uphill battle. Long as you take it day by day, and keep taking steps towards your goal, you’ll be OK.”

Our offseason lesson for this week: With pelts on the wall, Bill Belichick can get away with more of this than any other coach, and it’s absolutely part of the Patriots’ cultural advantage. In other locales, without all those wins on the ledger, this sort of practice might be seen as High School Harry BS. Not in Foxboro.

New Patriots corner Stephon Gilmore told me he hasn’t been subject to post-practice conditioning runs since college. Fresh-off-the-free-agent-market receiver Andrew Hawkins went a step further, saying he couldn’t remember the last time he’d gone through the sort of running that all of us who played high school football used to dread.

“I think high school was the last time I conditioned after practice, because as receivers we run so much,” said Danny Amendola, a fifth-year Patriot. “But since I’ve been here, late in the season and into the playoffs, I’ve noticed it. When you put it in the bank, like Coach Belichick says when you’re on the hill, it really helps out. You notice your endurance down the line.”

The hill run itself is 60 yards long, and Amendola says that while the Patriots may not do it after every single practice from May through January or February, they do it close enough to all the time that, “personally, I expect the hill every day.” On a good day, they may run seven sprints up it. If Belichick thinks they’re dogging it or need more, the number can reach 12.

“It’s tough, after a full day of practice, going over there,” Hawkins says. “But everything pays off, so you can’t question it. I think it’s great.”

And yes, this would all seem silly somewhere else. Because it’s happening here, though, it’s hard to doubt—especially when 40-year-old Tom Brady is chugging up hills too. The guys who’ve been around aren’t shy about buying into it.

“I feel like in the offseason, when we’re not playing games or beating each other up, a lot of teams are at the same conditioning level,” Amendola says. “And then once it gets into the season, and then on into the playoffs, that’s when you see the hill in our team.”

So maybe this isn’t why the Patriots were able to rally from 25 down on the last day of the season. But it probably didn’t hurt.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/874375382585282561

He gone.

Nov 6, 2002

I think the second they announced they were going to trade or release him they torpedoed most of his trade value.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well sure. You're hoping for a 6th at best but if your only potential trade partners want you to eat half his salary for that 6th, then who gives a poo poo.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/874355417790468097
https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/874356634667147264

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

e: ^lol. One of the most fun things about the nba is everyone throwing shade at each other all the time and football needs more of that

Guess Ozzie read my post :colbert:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

More NFL top 100 guys:

Should probably swap Earl Thomas and Sherman there.

30: Earl Thomas, FS
29: Mike Evans, WR
28: Landon Collins, SS
27: LeSean McCoy, RB
26: Travis Kelce, TE
25: Joe Thomas, OT
24: Russell Wilson, QB
23: Rob Gronkowski, TE
22: Ben Roethlisberger, QB
21: Richard Sherman, CB

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There is absolutely no chance the creation of this image will backfire. None at all.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I'm bad at this

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I didn't realize Najeh Davenport played for the Jets

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

More NFL top 100 guys:

Should probably swap Earl Thomas and Sherman there.

30: Earl Thomas, FS
29: Mike Evans, WR
28: Landon Collins, SS
27: LeSean McCoy, RB
26: Travis Kelce, TE
25: Joe Thomas, OT
24: Russell Wilson, QB
23: Rob Gronkowski, TE
22: Ben Roethlisberger, QB
21: Richard Sherman, CB

Landon Collins should be top 20.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
They should have put Russ one spot ahead of Sherman

Guarantee there would be a fight

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

:smug:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

TO being on the Bills and Bengals seems like something from an alternate universe.

drat, going back and looking and TO had 72 catches, 9TDs and almost cracked a thousand yards his final season. Pretty dumb he was out of the league after that.

He was the only bright spot in that season.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
TO is that guy that got on my nerves while he played but somebody I look back on fondly in hindsight.

You don't know what you have until it's gone... :sigh:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

so patrick peterson and maybe david johnson are top 20 players. cool

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Dwayne Bowe, kind of. He got busted for a diuretic or whatever that's usually used to mask steroids but he was just trying to cut weight in the first Todd Haley year.

You can easily argue that this was an instance of a coach being a jackass about weight instead of a fitness thing though.
I remember Todd Haley and his fatty concentration camp.

Branden Albert dipped below 300 pounds and got pushed around all year. All because Todd called him a fat slop of poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

WTF are they doing? The Jets are going to be HORRIBLE this year and even if Maye and Adams are good, they are 2 rookies.

Nov 6, 2002

I was kinda wondering this too. Why are they writing checks with their mouth that their team is purposefully not going to cash?

Your team is tanking. Maybe don't hire a hype man this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oher is reporting to mandatory camp today which means we'll probably get official word his career is over.

• Locked thread