Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
Is the Destiny news for E3 done at the lame Sony event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Neep posted:

Lol if there aren't news.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm not gonna think about that Bioware game for 2 years and then I'm gonna lul a bit when I peek at it again right before release and Mac Walters is not project lead and there have bee a few delays to rework core game mechanics and redo the ending.

Oh well, I fully expect some APB sheaningans when the game lands in the market. But surely ironmanning towards the mission area looks nice. Wonder how many variations of hidden / invulnerable anti ironman tanks will they put in place to prevent people from flying towards the end of the mission.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Neep posted:

There will almost certainly be a D2 segment, who knows if it'll have something really new in it or just a rehash of the stream.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

There will almost certainly be a D2 segment, who knows if it'll have something really new in it or just a rehash of the stream.

They'll probably announce dates for the beta.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

They'll probably announce dates for the beta.

[Sony exec voice] GogoGadgetChris has a dinner and a movie with a lady from tinder at 7:30 Friday night

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Sony exec voice] GogoGadgetChris has a dinner and a movie with a lady from tinder at 7:30 Friday night

[Fake onstage banter voice]Heh, and she's paying for everything

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

CheeseFactory posted:

So apparently there are only 2 modes for PvP for D2. Quick and Competitive.

Quick has control clash wtc.

Competitive has countdown and... elim? Seems odd

Did they say elim was the second competitive mode, or is that just speculation?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Sounds like they understand they got a major problem with connection quality and sbmm and since they cant/wont redo their networking situation or change their pvp philosophy they are doing everything they can to mitigate things.

I can't say one way or another that I'm happy with it until the game comes out so we shall see.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not liking the direction crucible is headed, pushing the competitive angle really hosed up Halo and they seem to be doing it again with D2. D1 crucible obviously has big issues but I like how it's generally a pretty chill setting where you can stunt on people with space magic and silly guns.

But then again Bungie has never put out a BAD multiplayer game so maybe things will be just fine.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

OdinsBeard posted:

Did they say elim was the second competitive mode, or is that just speculation?

Speculation

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

I see, I thought they were intentionally not saying what the other mode was, which made me think it was going to be something new.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Triggered yet, psfailures??

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like they understand they got a major problem with connection quality and sbmm and since they cant/wont redo their networking situation or change their pvp philosophy they are doing everything they can to mitigate things.

I can't say one way or another that I'm happy with it until the game comes out so we shall see.

My gut feeling is they are going to dial up the SBMM to 11, so putting everyone into 2 giant catch all playlists is the best way, so they can slice and dice people based skill to their hearts content.

It's a piece of poo poo philosophy. It would be all well and good if there was some reason to go up brackets of skill. Better rewards or even just a rank next to your name. Something. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing the thumbless wanker with a 0.1kd get the ballerhorn.

But if it means i can find a game quicker than once every 10 minutes then it's still an improvement over the current aids we have now.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's less of an issue when you have an optimized build.

Part of the big problem with the Division is that I don't think the setting and environment of a tom Clancy game fully meshes with diablo style loot mechanics, at least in terms of player expectations for a large part of the population.

It is a bit incongruent to shoot a guy in the head 100 times with a realistic looking weapon, and the first reaction is "uh that's not how irl poo poo works" rather than "oh I need an +1 mp5 navy of wizardry" even though the latter is how the game works.

part of the issue is that you have to snap to cover from 2 miles away and plink to stay alive, which is a bit incongruent, since this is a video game and my first reaction is "uh this is not fun"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

wintrrmute posted:

part of the issue is that you have to snap to cover from 2 miles away and plink to stay alive, which is a bit incongruent, since this is a video game and my first reaction is "uh this is not fun"

Well that's not how pvp works at all!!!11 you snap into cover, you die.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

yes plz fix your light level it hurts

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

My gut feeling is they are going to dial up the SBMM to 11, so putting everyone into 2 giant catch all playlists is the best way, so they can slice and dice people based skill to their hearts content.

It's a piece of poo poo philosophy. It would be all well and good if there was some reason to go up brackets of skill. Better rewards or even just a rank next to your name. Something. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing the thumbless wanker with a 0.1kd get the ballerhorn.

But if it means i can find a game quicker than once every 10 minutes then it's still an improvement over the current aids we have now.

The problem is their skill based philosophy doesnt even work. We had 0 games go to score limit on sunday when we were in that 6. It just meant the games took forever to find and then sucked connection wise. None of them were competitive.

If they had everything connection based the result would've been the same just faster to find games and a smoother experience. For a greater cross section of players.

I dont mind their philosophy of just 4 game modes a week 2 of which feature a heavier match making because its just going to mean literally everyone plays the two without it. Not ideal but not terrible either because for the last year everyones just played the weekly mode anyway unless it was mayhem aids. If im locked into two modes but the connection is fine I can live with it.

The problem is going to come in december when/if they do what they do every christmas and adjust the match making to be tighter than a fishes rear end in a top hat across all playlists to protect the xmas influx and we'll get no connection quality again anywhere.

The tip lipped nature of the pvp when the numbers in pvp have at times been huge is a little frustrating.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Lul not 400. Git gud.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
[Extremely loud airhorn]

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:pusheen:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This looks dumb, but I'm glad that there are people who like it. Devs gotta eat too :gbsmith:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How long till destiny stuff is on at e3?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm excited even though Crucible is going in a direction that's really opposite my play style. My schtick is the first blood snipe and the guy that picks you when you thought that lane was safe. I'll just find some new rear end in a top hat way to play.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My play style is to be aggressive as gently caress and use my primary and grenades. Everythings coming up thrillhou

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BlindSite posted:

How long till destiny stuff is on at e3?

probably within the hour

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress taken noooooo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Was it just me or did it say September 6th, is PS4 getting destiny 2 a couple days early?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I didnt see that?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought we were getting more than a trailer

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Same maybe Deej has yet to act insufferable for 15 minutes in front of a twitch cam like other presenters.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

tomorrow the big destiny man has an interview with the big show and I hope he gets pummeled into a fine dust for holdin out on details

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/874448818695151616

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Release date changed to 6th of september for both consoles.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:wow: Good eye Tex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
https://twitter.com/UrkMcGurk/status/874454847596019713

beta on 7/21