Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My Kids cartoon jam was the Centurians

loving loved Centurians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I loved the Beetlejuice cartoon as a kid.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

I loved the Beetlejuice cartoon as a kid.

Yeah that was some funny poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Speaking of kids shows, this came up in conversation with my friends the other day

Did anyone ever like Hey Dude

I have never met a single person who liked Hey Dude

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If any of you watched DBZ as a kid and want to know what is going on in Dragon Ball Super, here's some highlights:

- Frieza comes back. Twice.
- They added two more levels of Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue.
- The writers realized everyone clowns on Goku for how bad of a father he is, so they double down by showing off how good of a father Vegeta is.
- Future Trunks comes back and his storyline is dark as gently caress.
- Turns out there's multiple universes with their own sets of Kais. The Kais sit around and watch a YouTube ripoff called GodTube.
- They introduce two female Saiyans, one of which is a legendary Super Saiyan akin to Broly.
- There's a filler episode where they all play baseball, and it's Dragon Ball's equivalent of Homer At the Bat, except Homer is played by Yamcha. It's the best comedy episode of Dragon Ball ever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Speaking of kids shows, this came up in conversation with my friends the other day

Hey Dude was okay, but Salute your Shorts was better.

Clarissa Explains it All was pretty aces. At first I was like damnit sis, why we watching this? Then I was like, no actually it's rad as hell.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 12, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am Facebook with friends with this girl from back in college and it weirds me out because her fiance is Little Pete.

Like, on my feed every few days there are just these casual photos of Little Pete at a barbecue or something

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Christine Taylor is basically perfect. I don't remember a drat thing about the show, but I watched it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

weird Asian candy posted:

Were you guys into Saved by the Bell as kids/teens?
I loved Saved By The Bell. They could never recapture the magic of the original cast with any of the new "The New Class" episodes though.

I also enjoyed California Dreams :shobon:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you were not fourteen and big into Dragon Ball you were a hosed up kid

Or you enjoyed outdoor stuff

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Was Hey Dude the one with Donkey Lips? All I really remember about Hey Dude was the intro "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Or you enjoyed outdoor stuff

Yeah running around outdoors going "Kamehameha" and kicking your friends in the shins

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Eli Wiggum posted:

I loved Saved By The Bell. They could never recapture the magic of the original cast with any of the new "The New Class" episodes though.

I also enjoyed California Dreams :shobon:

We would have gotten along well as friends :glomp:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't read

Is the art really as bad as I heard it is when it first started?

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 12, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Was Hey Dude the one with Donkey Lips? All I really remember about Hey Dude was the intro "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude"

Hey Dude was the ranch with like 4 teenaged kids and two 20 something's competing to see who could suck off some mid life crisis-ing banker the hardest.

Donkey Lips was from Salute Your Shorts which was about an eternal summer camp in purgatory full of kids killed by Jason.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Hey Dude was the ranch with like 4 teenaged kids and two 20 something's competing to see who could suck off some mid life crisis-ing banker the hardest.

Donkey Lips was from Salute Your Shorts which was about an eternal summer camp in purgatory full of kids killed by Jason.

Ahhhhhhh ok, yeah. With the weird is he mexican, is he native american dude!

How about Legends of the Hidden Temple? I always wanted to get onto that show :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

We would have gotten along well as friends :glomp:
:hfive:

Imagine us watching Super Bowl XXXIII together :allears:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
1990s Nick was great and I watched it all even Hey Dude

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

How about Legends of the Hidden Temple? I always wanted to get onto that show :(

Something about that Silver Monkey made even the smartest kids become complete failures. Its a three-piece loving monkey!

I remember getting really sad when I found out the video game world in Nick Arcade was just a green screen. Like, I didn't think the video game world was real, but I assumed they were doing an obstacle course or something that was drawn over in post-production to look like a video game. Nope, just confused rear end kids staring at a video monitor.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonna be honest, I didn't like Legends of the Hidden Temple that much and thought it poor compared to both Double Dare and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

:hfive:

Imagine us watching Super Bowl XXXIII together :allears:

:gay:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Something about that Silver Monkey made even the smartest kids become complete failures. Its a three-piece loving monkey!

:lol: so true

SHOAH NUFF posted:

1990s Nick was great and I watched it all even Hey Dude

Hell yeah! Double Dare was also THE poo poo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Hey Dude was okay, but Salute your Shorts was better.

Clarissa Explains it All was pretty aces. At first I was like damnit sis, why we watching this? Then I was like, no actually it's rad as hell.

Adventures of Pete and Pete still holds up and some of my favorite music to this day is featured throughout the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvygZXaSJ78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzDzjd-Czk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l2Mk-_6v8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya7fzhS6ipU

lol at making a kid's show and cramming it full of 90's indie rock

so badass

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Gonna be honest, I didn't like Legends of the Hidden Temple that much and thought it poor compared to both Double Dare and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

My greatest feeling of childhood Schadenfreude was when the kid in the bonus round at the end of Carmen Sandiego would get Africa

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Hell yeah on the DD front, though I did enjoy Legends. I totally forgot about Carmen Sandiego! I used to get so pissed at those moron "GUMSHOES" who couldn't identify loving Dallas on a giant map of the United States...WHY ARE YOU PLANTING YOUR FLAG OVER NEW JERSEY YOU MORON!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Another reason Pete and Pete owns is all the guest stars

Adam West
Steve Buscemi
Iggy Pop
LL Cool J
Michael Stipe
Janeane Garafolo
Ellen Cleghorne
Chris Elliot
Party Hearst

:hellyeah:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My greatest feeling of childhood Schadenfreude was when the kid in the bonus round at the end of Carmen Sandiego would get Africa

Even Eastern Europe and Asia would flummox most of those kids. I think they only ever tended to finish South America. Come on kids, win that trip to the Grand Canyon.

Ehud posted:

Adventures of Pete and Pete still holds up and some of my favorite music to this day is featured throughout the show.

Yeah, I liked like the first season then fell off as I aged out of it pretty hard, but i'm sure I would've loved it if I was a few years younger.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

Adam West
Steve Buscemi
Iggy Pop
LL Cool J
Michael Stipe
Janeane Garafolo
Ellen Cleghorne
Chris Elliot
Party Hearst

There are few shows more deserving of the label "ahead of its time"

Like, if you had made that show a generation later it would have been a huge hit

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Even Eastern Europe and Asia would flummox most of those kids. I think they only ever tended to finish South America. Come on kids, win that trip to the Grand Canyon.

Yeah, I liked like the first season then fell off as I aged out of it pretty hard, but i'm sure I would've loved it if I was a few years younger.

my man, season 2 is the best one

It has little Pete trash talking from the bench to gain a psychological edge on batters and at one point he sarcastically comments to a guy, "a hot lather machine, huh? Woo-hoo-hoo, ingenious!"

masturbation jokes in my kid's show!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I would kill every single one of you right now if it meant that I got to relive my childhood in 1994 Wellsville and be friends with the Petes

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

If any of you watched DBZ as a kid and want to know what is going on in Dragon Ball Super, here's some highlights:

- Frieza comes back. Twice.
- They added two more levels of Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue.
- The writers realized everyone clowns on Goku for how bad of a father he is, so they double down by showing off how good of a father Vegeta is.
- Future Trunks comes back and his storyline is dark as gently caress.
- Turns out there's multiple universes with their own sets of Kais. The Kais sit around and watch a YouTube ripoff called GodTube.
- They introduce two female Saiyans, one of which is a legendary Super Saiyan akin to Broly.
- There's a filler episode where they all play baseball, and it's Dragon Ball's equivalent of Homer At the Bat, except Homer is played by Yamcha. It's the best comedy episode of Dragon Ball ever.

I'm extremely horney for all of this

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Basically, to get why kids loved Dragon Ball Z, imagine growing up watching Power Rangers and poo poo and all of a sudden this pops up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q05NxtGgNp4&t=1072s

gently caress yes

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ehud posted:

Adam West
Steve Buscemi
Iggy Pop
LL Cool J
Michael Stipe
Janeane Garafolo
Ellen Cleghorne
Chris Elliot
Party Hearst

Oh I forgot about Janeane Garafolo. Oooooo baby

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

I would kill every single one of you right now if it meant that I got to relive my childhood in 1994 Wellsville and be friends with the Petes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcpqzQbRTI

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I liked the Darkwing Duck villains and would root for them

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

What if instead you were magically transported there now, and you could be there Artie.

Also, I still make sure to take an extra dose of riboflavin on Daylight Saving Day.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I used to like biker mice from mars.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dragon Ball Z Abridged is also cool and good and funny

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

Did you see my post up earlier in the thread considering your Pete fandom?

Also, Artie plays Cotton Hill, blew my mind when I found out

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

xenosquad was an insanely too serious cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
There was a cartoon where a bunch of cows were Wild West lawmen and I enjoyed it but I don't remember the name

• Locked thread