Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Serotonin posted:

So on a whim and a gamble I bought a XV109 Y'vahra battlesuit from a Chinese recaster (looks pretty perfect to me)

Rules for it dropped today. I feel I made a good purchase.

That discharge cannon with nova reactor gives a volcano cannon a run for its money once you get close. Twice the number of hits as a volcano cannon, and those d3 mortal wound chances are pretty great. Volcano squeaks ahead because of wounding vehicles on a 2+ instead of a 3+ and having better AP but that's still a fantastic gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I think I settled on my 2k Nid List:

Battalion Detachment

The Swarmlord (1) - 300pts
1 Hive Tyrant: Bone sabers,Prehensile pincer tail

Tyrant Guard (3) - 111pts
3 Tyrant Guard: Scything talons,Rending claws

Old One Eye (1) - 140pts
1 Old One Eye

Tyranid Warriors (3) - 97pts
2 Tyranid Warrior: Deathspitter,Scything talons,Flesh hooks
1 Tyranid Warrior: Barbed strangler,Scything talons,Flesh hooks

Genestealers (14) - 168pts
14 Genestealer: Rending claws

Genestealers (14) - 168pts
14 Genestealer: Rending claws

Haruspex (1) - 278pts
1 Haruspex: Grasping tongue,Ravenous maw,Shovelling claws

Trygon Prime (1) - 214pts
1 Trygon Prime: Bio-electric pulse with containment spines,Three massive scything talons,Biostatic rattle

Trygon Prime (1) - 214pts
1 Trygon Prime: Bio-electric pulse with containment spines,Three massive scything talons,Biostatic rattle

Carnifexes (3) - 309pts
3 Carnifex: Two pairs of monstrous scything talons,Thresher scythe,Bio Plasma

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Serotonin posted:

So on a whim and a gamble I bought a XV109 Y'vahra battlesuit from a Chinese recaster (looks pretty perfect to me)

Rules for it dropped today. I feel I made a good purchase.

:stare:

That looks absolutely brutal. Escape Thrust is going to make this thing a real irritant on the map. It's like a Dragoon in Final Fantasy.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

:stare:

That looks absolutely brutal. Escape Thrust is going to make this thing a real irritant on the map. It's like a Dragoon in Final Fantasy.

This thing is incredibly nasty looking. And somehow, according to their power calculations, is equal to two malanthropes.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Come on forgeworld, just give me the rules for my Sicaran already :argh:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

You misspelled Barbed Hierodule!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pendent posted:

Can't wait to see my sicaran venator.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

TKIY posted:

You misspelled Barbed Hierodule!

You misspelled Dimachaeron!

... actually I spelled Hierophant wrong:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Soulfucker posted:

... actually I spelled Hierophant wrong:

I'm hoping the Hierophant finally gets its day. Poor guy's been ridiculously over-priced since it first released. Maybe this time they'll get it right.

:gbsmith:

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Safety Factor posted:

I'm hoping the Hierophant finally gets its day. Poor guy's been ridiculously over-priced since it first released. Maybe this time they'll get it right.

:gbsmith:

Ran several test rounds of it versus Knights and other things. Literally every other super-heavy ate it for lunch, no contest--for less than half the price. I can't say I like the model that much--I'd consider Hierodules since they just look like the most prototypical Tyranid thing ever.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Misspelled DkoK

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
here's some bad grey knights.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Der Waffle Mous posted:

here's some bad grey knights.

more like bad rear end

Nighttheii posted:

I took a picture of my Space Wolves army and Templar characters.

gently caress yeah. Now all I need is Sisters of Battle to bring us on home, though Imperial Agents will work in a pinch

e: Also, in news that has me genuinely excited, it looks like GW is about to release some plastic road terrain

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2152

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 12, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

There's been some fantastic models posted recently. Puts my DE to shame! Well done all.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TheChirurgeon posted:

e: Also, in news that has me genuinely excited, it looks like GW is about to release some plastic road terrain

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2152

No skulls, 0/10.

All serious that's pretty neat and I will laugh my rear end off if there's a reverse side that's entirely skulls, Path of Glory style.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

SteelMentor posted:

No skulls, 0/10.

All serious that's pretty neat and I will laugh my rear end off if there's a reverse side that's entirely skulls, Path of Glory style.

ROAD OF SKULLS YOU SAY!?

(armorcast)

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 12, 2017

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Hey The Chirurgeon, I just realized I had the white balance a bit off on my camera so here's a better toned image for the banner. I'm letting the glue dry on my champion's base so if you end up wanting a based model before 8th Ed drops I should have one done in the next few days.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Played my first game of 8th last night and ohhhhh boy, 3 man dark reaper squads with shuriken cannon exarchs bring a lot of pain for under 100 points.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So how about this list, if I buy those Space Hulk terminators. I can deploy the big 10 man squad on foot and put my teleport homer on the other side of the line so they can respond to stuff, while the 5 man squads have a smaller footprint for deep striking. It's a little light on ranged AT fire.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is my planned 1500 point list for my first game of 8th edition:

Someone is going to have a real bad time. It'll be me when my carnifexes all get shot by lascannons.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Are deathwing armies viable now ?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Prey Adaptation looks real good :catstare:

Will do. You got a full army shot by chance?

I wasn't going to do IG subfactions, but I kind of want to now just to feature these and BC's Catachans. Yours are Praetorian Guard, right?

Also, hey :siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:, especially if you have the following mans arranged in an army setting:
- Grey Knights
- Sisters of Battle
- Custodes
- Space Marines, if you have a photo better than the ones that have been submitted
- A single Salamander model for use in the subfaction banner

owns, will use

Also owns, will use

I think I can work this in over SRM's. He's already got the Imperial Knights banner

This is great! Who's the source?

You get +1 Attack

You get an Iron Warriors shot in the end?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Big Willy Style posted:

Are deathwing armies viable now ?
Probably more viable than ever, to be honest. You'd lose out on a couple of command points, but you can take a detachment that is all about Elites. Terminators themselves got a solid buff; they finally all got two wounds across the board. Deathwing Knights are scary as hell now too. Unfortunately, you need to start half of your units on the board in Matched play, but deep strike doesn't scatter anymore and there's no need to roll for reserves. They just come in on turn 1, 2, or 3, your choice.

I was tinkering with a Dark Angels list out of curiosity, and it seems like marines are going to be fun with all the babby characters they can stick in their elite slots. Dark Angels have three different kinds of champion, for example, and even the basic company champion gets upgraded with a much better Blade of Caliban (+3S, -3 AP, and D3 damage). There's potential for a pretty scary melee list with those characters and accompanying units of Deathwing Knights, Black Knights, etc.

I wish chaos could take equivalents of those dudes. :smith: It would've been super easy to add in. Exalted champions, lieutenants, icon bearers, etc. As-is, chaos marines seem really bland. Hoping they get a decent update in their eventual codex that isn't simply "here's evil biglys".

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Can Guilliman be run with non-Ultra marines?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

GreenMarine posted:

Can Guilliman be run with non-Ultra marines?

yeah, any army of the Imperium collaboration.

But I believe his Auras and buffs either don't work, or only some?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Someone is going to have a real bad time. It'll be me when my carnifexes all get shot by lascannons.

I'm always going to take Genestealers in packs of at least thirteen, at ten if you lose one to overwatch that costs you 13 attacks.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

Needs Mawloc

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yeast posted:

yeah, any army of the Imperium collaboration.

But I believe his Auras and buffs either don't work, or only some?

Just the ability to reroll misses and failure to wound withing 6". You still get 3 extra command points and reroll 1s failed morale, and +1 to charge and advance within 12"

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Safety Factor posted:

As-is, chaos marines seem really bland. Hoping they get a decent update in their eventual codex that isn't simply "here's evil biglys".

I agree, but if you make a chaos god themed army with marks and stuff, on paper, they look really fun. A Slaanesh army seems like it would do better against fighting just space marines specifically, whereas the other god marks are general boons that help against anyone.

But getting that 5+ Death to the False Emperor with pink and gold fuckbois is sure to make for some salty grognard tears. :unsmigghh:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

I'm always going to take Genestealers in packs of at least thirteen, at ten if you lose one to overwatch that costs you 13 attacks.
Eh, genestealers went up 1 attack as-is so I don't care enough to run more. It's not that big a deal and there's no free points to add more. Genestealers are already cheaper and better in 8th so I'm happy with the unit the way it is. It's going to be buddying up with the Trygon.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Needs Mawloc
I don't like the new version of the mawloc. I know it's a source of mortal wounds, but it has to be out of combat at the start of its turn to tunnel again and it sucks in melee with no AP at all. 8 attacks though. Any opponent is going to tie it up as soon as it pops up. I'll stick to the trygons.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

I don't like the new version of the mawloc. I know it's a source of mortal wounds, but it has to be out of combat at the start of its turn to tunnel again and it sucks in melee with no AP at all. 8 attacks though. Any opponent is going to tie it up as soon as it pops up. I'll stick to the trygons.

I think it is a really solid choice just because for half the cost of a Trygon it is something that they have to deal with. A big nasty bug shooting out Mortal Wounds that appears right next to they key unit in the battle line is going to have to suck up a lot of shooting. Any when it dies it explodes which is a nice bonus.

I think just drawing fire while your other Tyranids hoof it across the table early in the game is worth the price of admission. Tunneling working this edition is something that adds an interesting variable, but for the cost of trygon and pals three Mawlocs are going to be nasty.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Do trygon primes get 9 attacks by the way?

It says "if the bearer has more than one pair of scything talons it can make one additional attack with this weapon each time it fights"

Since it has 3 sets, he argued it would have 3 copies of that rule and so could make 3 additional attacks. Same with his carnifexes, getting 2 extra attacks for having 2 pairs instead of just 1 extra attack.

Lightning claws instead of saying "with this weapon" says "with them" which definitely seems to indicate a total of 1 extra attack.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

a cock shaped fruit posted:

You get an Iron Warriors shot in the end?

Yeah, Bulbasaur sent me his. That wraps up the Chaos factions. If Geoff Zahn gets me a new Deathguard model I'll use that. Otherwise, the shot I have is fine:

On the Space Marines front, I'm missing White Scars and Salamanders--someone posted Salamanders earlier, but it was an army spread too wide to use

Plus I got Space Wolves and Grey Knights banners:

That just leaves:
- Sisters of Battle
- Space Marines

If you've got an army for these, :siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:

If anyone has Imperial Guard mans they want me to do into a subfaction banner, post those too. I've got Steel Legion and Catachans so far.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think it is a really solid choice just because for half the cost of a Trygon it is something that they have to deal with. A big nasty bug shooting out Mortal Wounds that appears right next to they key unit in the battle line is going to have to suck up a lot of shooting. Any when it dies it explodes which is a nice bonus.

I think just drawing fire while your other Tyranids hoof it across the table early in the game is worth the price of admission. Tunneling working this edition is something that adds an interesting variable, but for the cost of trygon and pals three Mawlocs are going to be nasty.
Yeah, it's probably worth it as a simple distraction, but I would still rather take the Trygon. I much prefer the mawloc's old rules and just found it underwhelming in 8th. Meanwhile, the trygons are murder machines with d6 damage claws. To each their own.
:shrug:

Also, I don't have a mawloc. :v: I had a kit set aside for either a Trygon prime or a mawloc, waiting for 8th, and I went with the prime. So now I have that and a normal Trygon. I forsee a gimmick list where I run both with huge genestealer squads along for the ride.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
So I have a box of Necron Destroyers, and 8th edition shows me that Heavy Destroyers are some workhorse tankbusters - I was thinking of converting some Heavy Destroyer guns, anyone got any tips? I am looking at a bunch of spare necron guns and imagining different configurations, maybe with deathmark rifles?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just finished a pretty sweet Deathwing guy if you want a sub-sub faction.

Also it's pretty tough to fit them into 1500 points. I was playing around with them earlier today, it looks like they're going to be small and not get many CPs, but drat that looks like a fun list...

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah, Bulbasaur sent me his. That wraps up the Chaos factions. If Geoff Zahn gets me a new Deathguard model I'll use that. Otherwise, the shot I have is fine:

On the Space Marines front, I'm missing White Scars and Salamanders--someone posted Salamanders earlier, but it was an army spread too wide to use

That just leaves:
- Sisters of Battle
- Space Marines

If anyone has Imperial Guard mans they want me to do into a subfaction banner, post those too. I've got Steel Legion and Catachans so far.

Re: White Scars dude- there was a slight accident with the model I was finishing.

May take another couple hours but it'll be done.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

moths posted:

I just finished a pretty sweet Deathwing guy if you want a sub-sub faction.

Also it's pretty tough to fit them into 1500 points. I was playing around with them earlier today, it looks like they're going to be small and not get many CPs, but drat that looks like a fun list...

I saw some great conversions that stacked the Immortals' Gauss Blaster (or the one from Tomb Blades) end-on-end to make a Heavy Destroyer gun. Alternately, right out of the box you can tack end-to-end two of the normal Destroyer cannons and use the Heavy one that it comes with for two of them, then fish for bits to craft up another.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Irate Tree posted:

My humble submission

:heysexy:

Shows how far gone this thread has become that this post went without comment, let alone nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

TheChirurgeon posted:

That just leaves:
- Sisters of Battle
- Space Marines

I have some sisters, I'll try to get a good picture of them

• Locked thread